BTS + Civ (Steam) -- would Warlords leaders be in game?

whb

King
I've been contemplating getting the Civ4+BTS package off Steam (thanks to the mighty pound it's about the same price as getting BTS in the shops, and is its own perfectly legal no-cd; convenience is temporarily trumping my consumer-activist objection to Steam hindering second-hand sales).

Question is - would the leaders, wonders, and extra civs from Warlords be missing from it? I know the game rule changes are in, but the leaders etc seem half-way between assets and updates, so I'm not so clear on that...

Everything from Warlords **except the scenarios** is included in BtS..

I'm positive everything from Warlords is in, except for the Scenarios. Don't worry :).

Think about it: how could BtS introduce the Celtic leader Boedica if it wouldn't have the Celtic Empire which was added in Warlords?

I have a laptop as well.

At the moment, I took an image using alchohol 120% on my main computer, and then use alcohol 52% to mount images on my laptop when i play on it, so that I don't have to carry the CD.

What I was wondering is if you buy from STEAM:

- Can you install and play on more than 1 computer (e.g. my desktop and laptop) ?

- Is an internet connection required to play ?

I ask the nd question because I don't usually have a net connection with my 2nd computer.

I have warlorlds anywhere, and I have nevered played even one of its scenarios from start to finish, so it wouldn't be a big loss to me, and BTS will have all the old features of the "epic game".

I've pre-orderred on amazon.co.uk so I would love to get an answer before its too late to cancel.

Edit: lol nm, 24th Jul is a NONO to me....

Thanks for the answers -- put my mind at rest.

@homan: If I recall correctly, an internet connection is required about once a month; you can install on more than 1 computer (but I think it checks you only use one at a time - that's why it needs the internet connection occasionally). Direct2Drive, which is a Steam competitor, might not require an internet connection to play -- don't know.

Hehe

I'm so sad the fact that it comes to steam on the 24th is reason enough I won't get it and instead keep the amazon order or even cancel that and buy from the shops.

Direct2Drive requires an internet connection to validate the game the first time that you run it, but not after that. You can install on more than one machine. Civ IV series is available in North America and the UK only.

You can pre-order BTS, they say the release date is July 24th.

Did a search on direct2drive.co.uk [im from uk] and they don't stock BTS, only had Civ4 (didnt search for warlords).

Top Bottom