[BtS] Extra Add-on 03 - Lords

Chiyu

Prince
Hello everyone!

This is the other add-on I've been working on for the past two months. My apologies for the uninspired title, but I had to call it something ;).

While Extra Add-on 02 adds a lot of general content, this add-on is focused on adding new civilizations and leaders. Naturally, the new civilizations also have unique units and unique buildings, and some of the new leaders have diplomacy music, but other than that, no new files.

The goal of this pack is to make sure that every trait combination appears twice in Extra. For this, there would have to be 110 leaders. Extra already had 83 (84, including Mursilis from Add-on 02), so I want to add 26 leaders in totaal. This pack version has 18 new leaders, so that means I'll soon make a next version with 8 more (haven't decided on the leaders yet). The choices for these leaders were mostly made depending on how many leaders a civilization already had. In my opinion, the more important a civilization has been, the more leaders it deserves. For example, it was rather silly that the Celts had 2, while the Spanish only had 1 in the original BtS. With these new additions, I think that I've solved this problem.

Originally I planned to add leaders only, but I decided to add some more civilizations as well. Italy, Austria and Sweden were seriously lacking (and in my opinion they're NOT represented by Rome, HRE or the Vikings), despite being very influential nations in the early modern age. And I thought the game needed one more Balkan civ so I added Bulgaria as well.

Keep in mind that this modcomp is only compatible with Extra v3.17k WITH Add-on 02 already installed!

Download link & Instructions

Download Extra Add-on 03 - Lords here!

How to install:
- First, install the Extra mod in your Mods folder. If you already have Extra installed, make sure that this is version 3.17h, as it's not compatible with any other version! (If you're not sure, check if the colosseum building gives +1 happiness with access to a Hit Football Event -- if it does, it's 3.17h). Make sure that you have already installed Extra Add-on 02 - Nostalgia as well, since this add-on will use features found in the Nostalgia pack.
- Secondly, open the contents of "Extra Add-on 03 - Lords" and unzip the contents of this zipfile in exactly C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Extra (or wherever your Extra mod is located). If it asks if it can overwrite, choose "Yes, to all".

Contents

Civilizations
- Italian Empire
---> Leader(s): Vittorio and Mussolini
---> Unique Unit: Alpino (replaces Rifleman)
---> Unique Building: Carnivale (replaces Theatre)
- Austrian Empire
---> Leader(s): Franz Jozef and Maria Theresa
---> Unique Unit: Jaeger (replaces Rifleman)
---> Unique Building: Opera House (replaces Theatre)
- Swedish Empire
---> Leader(s): Gustav Adolphus
---> Unique Unit: Karolin (replaces Musketman)
---> Unique Building: Riksbank (replaces Bank)
- Bulgarian Empire
---> Leader(s): Stambolov
---> Unique Unit: Bagatur (replaces Horseman)
---> Unique Building: Chitaliste (replaces Library)

Leaders
- Marcus Aurelius, for the Roman Empire
- Leonidas, for the Greek Empire
- Xerxes, for the Persian Empire
- Meiji, for the Japanese Empire
- Basil II, for the Byzantine Empire
- Selassie, for the Ethiopian Empire
- Kim Jong-il, for the Korean Empire
- Philip II, for the Spanish Empire
- Henry, for the Portuguese Empire
- Ataturk, for the Ottoman Empire
- Akbar, for the Indian Empire
- Pol Pot, for the Khmer Empire

Credits & Acknowledgments

I didn't *make* any of these civilizations or leaders myself. I merely combined content and made some gameplay changes where necessary. I originally found these civilizations in mods like Amra Advanced, CivGold, Thomas' War and CivFusion and the leaders right here in the forums (mostly from Ekmek's Leaderhead Gallery). I did remake most of the buttons (to make them look more 'official') and changed most of the 'pedia text' to make it suitable for a multi-language pack. I'm not completely done with the translating part yet: there are still some snippets of text untranslated.

I can't get this thing working.. I have no idea what I've doe wrong. I prefer plug and play things. Just how do you "install" this? I've just used winrar and copied "Extra" to C:\Program\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods :scan:

But I can't find it when I start the game :confused:. Oh and btw. If you've downloaded the full version do you still need to "install" leaders and all that? :confused: Thx for adding Sweden btw, think you can add Dag Hammarskjöld (the second UN secretary general thingie who's helicopter/airplane was shot down in western Africa while negotiating some peace thing) or Olof Palme (just an important politician who was gunned down in Stockholm, his assassination is still unsolved) too? :nuke: :crazyeye:

Please, someone treat me like an idiot! Be very explicit!

Before I add any new civilizations/leaders to Extra (full version), I'd like to know if anyone has any requests/suggestions for which new civilizations or leaders should be in Extra as well. Keep in mind that I'd rather not add any new leaders to civilizations that already have 3 or more ;).

Before I add any new civilizations/leaders to Extra (full version), I'd like to know if anyone has any requests/suggestions for which new civilizations or leaders should be in Extra as well. Keep in mind that I'd rather not add any new leaders to civilizations that already have 3 or more ;).

There's a pretty good Lech Walesa leaderhead - it wouldn't hurt to add him to Poland, I think. And The Capo's just remade the Hiawatha leaderhead, which wouldn't be a bad addition to Iroquois. And there's some other leaderheads floating around to expand on the Native American civilizations... those would be nice to see.

As for civilizations, Mexico would be a pretty good idea - since we already have Canada and the US - and, though it's just personal preference, honestly, Siam/Thailand is always a Civilization I like to see.

(Great mod, by the way - probably the reason I started coming to this site so often. :goodjob: )

Top Bottom