BtS Ice-age map ported to LoR. Unchanged pre-placed & clean version...

SHS`

Chieftain
Righto... attached are the BtS Ice-age scenario (18000BC start), made compatible for LoR.

The first one is an unchanged BtS one with 14 civs, which may have balance issues and so want some feedback from you guys on what to tweak/change.

The second is the same map, but with no pre-placed civs whatsoever.

Having played the pre-placed map... within LoR, it seems India & Sumeria tend to end up being the 500lb gorilla as nothing blocks either of them to the north. Also, as the Ie-age earth is effectively one huge continent, the Americas is still quite isolated... so the Incan/Maya block are usually buddy-buddy, found most of the religions(!) and when Permanent Alliances are on, they'll merge to form an Industrial and later era PITA. So perhaps the Americas need some extra civs to spice it up there and possible some in the Central Asia (block India/Sumeria) and one on the Barring Strait to improve cross "continent" contact...

PS: phungus420/other-LoR-devs, hope you like these and would be most happy if they can go into SVN... :)

Attachments

• BtS Ice Age Earth Map for LoR.7z
    27.2 KB · Views: 91
  • BtS Ice Age Earth Map for LoR - clean.7z
    26.4 KB · Views: 76
I pretty much always add new scenarios LoR users make to the main download. I'm going to let you make tweaks to it first though, as it sounds like you're still working on it. As far as the Maya and Aztecs taking over due to total control of the New World goes, it might help to add in Sioux and Iroquois, or enable raging barbs + barb civs. Raging Barbs + Barbarian civs usually gives isolated civs a run for their money.

Well, the "clean" map is good to go I think as enabled game options are as per the LoR Earth scenarios (and to load the mod by just double clicking the worldbuilder file):

Code:
	ModPath=Mods\LoR
	Option=GAMEOPTION_REVOLUTION
	Option=GAMEOPTION_BARBARIAN_CIV
	Option=GAMEOPTION_TECH_DIFFUSION
	Option=GAMEOPTION_START_AS_MINORS
	Option=GAMEOPTION_DYNAMIC_CIV_NAMES

As for the preplaced map, I'll have a try with adding the Iroquois and Sioux to the Beringia (Bering Straits when it was a land bridge) as human migration to the Americas only happened in 12000BC, which is after the start date of the scenario! :D

Top Bottom