BTS Leader Picker Tool

Shawnosaurus

Esoteric Idiot
I have taken the old leader picker tool for Warlords and updated it for BtS. I added in unique buildings and all the new Civs. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Is this useful? Any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.geocities.com/shawnspam42/c4p.html

Thanks to Zhahz and Robo Kai for the previous versions!

Works great and I loved the orig. from Warlords version it was something I had lost the link for and now you've updated also...:goodjob: :goodjob:

Nice tool. Maybe add option to filter for starting tech, and which era the UU comes in (filtering for only civs with modern age UU for instance).

Just a bit of feedback for you. If you select something from the dropdown via the keyboard(pressing up & down once the combo box has been selected), the result does not update until you click somewhere else on the page. Dunno if this is a limitation of what you're using or not.

Edit: Just checked, and it's only not updating in Firefox, seems to work as you would expect in IE.

Looks great. Only one thing you might want to change is the fact that Phalanx now replaces Axemen instead of Spearmen.

Awesome, thank you all!

I have made the phalanx and conquistador corrections.

I have no idea how I might correct the keyboard vs mouse delay, but I'll think on it.

Thank you!!!

I'm about to pursue my first cultural victory (having just experienced my first cultural loss), and I wanted to find the best leader for my skill set and cultural victory.

I want to also use religion a lot more to complement my normal play style, and your tool let me find Huayna Capac immediately. He meets the Mysticism requirement (I know it's not necessary but I want to pursue more religions this time for a change), and has Industrious/Financial -- a top-notch combo for a cultural victory.

Sam

Quite useful, thanks.

Excellent tool, thanks!

Minor nitpickery (sorry :p ): Jaguar is 35 hammers
Expansive gives +25% worker production

And Praetorian is 45 hammers instead of 40.

Also, Phalanx and Conquistador specs are still wrong, they should be:

Phalanx (5/1/35) (Axeman)
Basic abilities: +50% vs. Melee units
Special abilities: +100% defence vs. Chariot

Conquistador (12/2/100) (Cuirassier)
Basic abilities: immune to first strikes, 15% withdrawal chance
Special abilities: +50% vs. Melee units, receives defensive bonuses

This should be added to Shale Plant specs: "Doesn't need Coal to provide power"

Numidian Cavalry doesn't have -10% city attack anymore.

Minor nitpickery (sorry ):
No apologies needed or accepted :) I want to correct any errors so I appreciate the info!

I quickly put in the last updates from Pikkis and Polycrates now. Tonight I'll sit down and go over the rest to double check. If anyone else sees something that is off please let me know. I think it's likely pretty spot on now though.

Thank you everyone!

Samurai has free Drill I promo. Mounted units have now flank attack abilities against Siege weapons (like Knight has against Catapult and Trebuchet). Keshik doesn't have immunity to first strikes unlike Horse Archer (I noticed that you've mentioned the very same thing with Cataphracts, so mention it with these, please).

My only comment would be to reversion it as 3.0 or something (1.x being vanilla, 2.x being warlords, 3.x being BTS). Beyond that, good luck with the feature requests and updates!

I was going to update my original "picker" for BTS and still might (for fun), but manually compiling the data is a chore. I'll likely write an app (C#) to build the javascript arrays from the Civ xml files, which will probably take me longer but it'll be way more fun and interesting.

Well the good times are on hold temporarily. Geocities (Yahoo) shut the site down claiming it was illegal. I'm waiting to hear back how it was illegal. In the meantime I'll hunt around for another host that allows javascript like that.

CivFanatics could offer to host it :) That would be perfect!

I'll update with the new home asap. Sorry.

Okay, the site is back online at geocities for the time being. Turns out that they give you a free website, but you can not have any links on the site that go anywhere at all. Literally you are not allowed to link even to sites inside geocities/yahoo. Awesome, huh? Anyways, drama aside, the site is up and running and in the meantime I'll find a new home.

Zhahz, good idea. I'll keep the version number in sync with the latest game version that it is updated to.

Thanks!

I Favorited this, because, it just speeds up leader choices.

It would be nice, if it got updated to be correct for BTS with current patches.
I keep finding things like, Mall grants +10% Gold, and think, um, no it doesn't, its +20% Gold.

Anyway, maybe, I'll keep adding more, as I come across them. Or not. :)

Top Bottom