[BTS] *New* Confederate States of America [Modular]

rather than moral, replace the bonus with a natural increased movement if possible. as moral will cary over on upgrading.

I wouldn't consider The Conferates a civilization, they were only a samll country untill 1865, but I think the leader heads are good

I kinda like your drunk posts :mischief:
But where is our smile-cenzorship? Without that it seems too serious :p

Howdy, I downloaded this mod and have downloaded it, and placed it in the correct folder as instructed, but for some reason it does not load.

I'm checking to see if my version is updated to 3.19... other then that I'm clueless.

Thanks,

I wouldn't consider The Conferates a civilization, they were only a samll country untill 1865, but I think the leader heads are good

Contrar-monfrar... today's Southern culture, its food, music, language, customs, religious customs, heritage, and way of life is all derived from the Confederate States. Thus the Confederate Civilization still exists despite the lack of a nation.

The South is a nation within a nation like the Ukraine was under Soviet occupation, and Ireland was under British occupation.

Howdy, I downloaded this mod and have downloaded it, and placed it in the correct folder as instructed, but for some reason it does not load.

I'm checking to see if my version is updated to 3.19... other then that I'm clueless.

Thanks,

While I hate to double post, I must add that the update did not help.. the mod loads, but the Confederacy is nowhere to be found in the list of Civilizations, and their leaders are nowhere to be found either.

Do I need to edit something else?

Go to the mod folder. In it there should be a confederates.ini file (not sure about the name; just the same as the mod folder).
Open this file with a text editor (right click -> open with...-> choose Wordpad or Notepad), and change
PHP:
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 0

to 1.
Then try to load it again.

Go to the mod folder. In it there should be a confederates.ini file (not sure about the name; just the same as the mod folder).
Open this file with a text editor (right click -> open with...-> choose Wordpad or Notepad), and change
PHP:
; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 0

to 1.
Then try to load it again.

Did it and it still won't load... also my version is updated to be compatible with this mod, here is what it says:

[CONFIG]

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Confederate States of America

; Description of Mod
Description = Generic Mod

Please tell us exactly where you placed this mod, and how the folder structure looks like.

It's supposed to be in C:\Program Files\Firaxis games\Civ4\Bts\Mods (or similar path; depends on your computer and where you installed it), and in the confederates folder there should be a folder named "Assets".
Does it look like this for you?

For whatever reason my computer installed everything like this...

C Drive --> Program Files(x86) --> Firaxis Games --> Sid Meiers Civilization 4 --> Beyond the Sword --> Mods --> Confederate States of America

I have the newest version of Vista... should this be in Program Files and not Program Files (x86)? My computer automatically installed it in Program Files (x86).

That's right for Vista.
Then again the mod. Okay, in the confederates folder, there's an assets folder, right?
Is there an .ini file and a .bak file, or just an .ini file and a file without extension?
If the second is the case, then please edit the file without extension for modular loading.

That's right for Vista.
Then again the mod. Okay, in the confederates folder, there's an assets folder, right?
Is there an .ini file and a .bak file, or just an .ini file and a file without extension?
If the second is the case, then please edit the file without extension for modular loading.

That is where the problem is... there is no assets folder, no .ini file and no .bak file, there is only a notepad "configure" document, an a bunch of skin wraps.

I might try downloading and getting another Confederate mod to see if I have better luck.

Top Bottom