BTS Patch version 3.03!

What exactly did this patch fix sir???

Guess I can toss all my saved games yet again...

Hey Gang,

As a part of the "Cult of Solver" I figure its worth noting that AFTER you patch up to v3.03 be sure to re-apply Solver's Latest Fix (updated nearly daily):

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168750

Even though this official patch does include a new CivGameCore.DLL, none of the files in the CivGameCoreDLL directory have actually been updated so don't worry about Solver's fix screwing up any new included tweaks (I guess you should be sure to backup the new v3.03 CivGameCore.DLL but so far I haven't found any compatibility issues between the Solver Patch with the official v3.03 one).

When the REAL PATCH (with the actual gameplay fixes) come out, Solver's Tweaks may not be so compatible.

That'd be nice if Solver's stuff was actually a patch rather than a series of tweaks to make the game fit the way he plays.

The vast majority of the "solver patch" isn't a patch at all. Patches are supposed to fix issues, not "make the AI more aggressive" or "make them spend less on espionage." That's not a bug-fix.

That'd be nice if Solver's stuff was actually a patch rather than a series of tweaks to make the game fit the way he plays.

The vast majority of the "solver patch" isn't a patch at all. Patches are supposed to fix issues, not "make the AI more aggressive" or "make them spend less on espionage." That's not a bug-fix.

Enh, yeah, I kind of see where you are going, some of these tweaks may be seen as subjective but its always with the emphasis of improving the challenge of the AI w/o any cheats.

Many of those REAL MAJOR AI tweaks, like those added in on the 12th from Blake are sneak peeks directly from Blake of Firaxis to be included in the upcoming OFFICIAL PATCH so I'm not really seeing how it could be MORE official for you.

Solver's fixes are intentionally limited in scope, he is only focusing on tweaks to the CivGameCore.DLL, nothing with the main EXE, Mods, Art, XML, or Python in this series of fixes.

If you don't trust his meddling, just avoid this NONSENSE and wait for the REAL PATCH (whenever that is going to finally be released).

If you don't trust his meddling, just avoid this NONSENSE and wait for the REAL PATCH (whenever that is going to finally be released).

Considering that Solver is a design consultant and one of the beta testers, I look forward to his meddling.

Not directed at you LordGek, just using your post as a quote.

ok, its very usual in games industry to release games with bugs... but wait a minute... why i have to pay for a game full of bugs???...
i dont want to enter in a discussion about piracy.. but...
why dont wait some time until release???
in my country this games cost 1/10 of my wage so i expect to have a descent game with no bugs...

i dont going to waste my money until they fix their bugs...
t

I suppose that we need to finish our BTS gauntlet games before we install this patch. Anyone that can confirm that?

Many of those REAL MAJOR AI tweaks, like those added in on the 12th from Blake are sneak peeks directly from Blake of Firaxis to be included in the upcoming OFFICIAL PATCH so I'm not really seeing how it could be MORE official for you.
I hope changes like a more aggressive AI will be optional, because TBH I think the AI is allready more aggressive than it should realistically be. When you play with people like Joao and Isabella, you basically know that no matter how friendly they seem, they'll want to kill you, even if it means sending a huge army across an entire continent filled with other nations to do it. That's not realistic at all, and it's not fun either.

I hope changes like a more aggressive AI will be optional, because TBH I think the AI is allready more aggressive than it should realistically be. When you play with people like Joao and Isabella, you basically know that no matter how friendly they seem, they'll want to kill you, even if it means sending a huge army across an entire continent filled with other nations to do it. That's not realistic at all, and it's not fun either.

Indeed, especially considering there's already an aggressive AI option.

I suppose that we need to finish our BTS gauntlet games before we install this patch. Anyone that can confirm that?

Oddly enough, version 3.02.001 of the HOF Mod runs fine with the new patch, at least with what testing we've been able to do. Just to be safe, I would suggest you complete your current game/submission prior to patching.

Actually, what do we need the newest DirectX for ? What is the difference?

Well.... they must've had a reason for doing so.... discrepancies in power levels... diplomatic modifiers.... AI bribes.... lack of garrisons in border cities... I don't see what the problem is... every AI that wars with me always has a reason to do so.

I think the default AI is too passive.

Was the "missionaries and executives start automated" option in the settings already there with BTS? I only now noticed it :D

Well I was waiting for a patch to fix the endless "waiting for other players" bug. After this patch I tyred out the game with the bug and it wont even let me load it. So I am out 2 days of play time on a game I'm not allowed to finish.

I thought someone said the patch did not effect save files?

Guess I can toss all my saved games yet again...

I never lose my saved games when i load a patch, NEVER. I can always load them.

As far as I know its going to be a graduated thing based on difficulty level with the Prince and below barely changed. Also, again if I understand it right, its hopefully more of a case that the Normal AI (i.e. not the "Aggressive AI") will just make a point to leave themselves so defenseless to early rushes (I'm under the impression that "more aggressive" is just code for more militaristicaly aware and not necessarily that it will be more conquesty/warring...but I may be wrong).

One thing that I can confirm was fixed in this patch was the problem I had with the Age of Ice scenario. It used to load the map without the interface, but now everything works fine.

I'm happy with this, and I'm sure that the 3 other people who ever had this problem will enjoy this patch as well.

Top Bottom