BTS Pre-release Chat with Firaxis (CHAT LOGS)

Thunderfall,

Is it too late to consider adding the Inquisitor unit to BTS? Simply put TheLopez has done a wonderful job of creating this new unit and it would be a shame not to see it incorporated into the official game.

As you may already know, the inquisitor acts as the defender of the faith by removing non-state religions and their associated religious buildings from a selected city. It has the exact opposite role of the missionary, only the inquisitor is more powerful in the scope of it's removal capability. There should be a couple of real benefits for a Theocracy that has achieved religious unity by eliminating all non-state religions. Two bonuses have been suggested to off set the increased empire inquisition costs.

Proposed Bonuses:

1. For every city that has your official state religion established: I like the idea of a city production bonus of +50% (as opposed to the +25% production bonus in organized religion) when all non-state religions have been removed from a city.

2. Additionally, I would like to see the Shrine bonus double to +2 gold when religious unity is achieved for every city in your empire.

These proposed bonuses would make the conversion to the theocracy civic worth the effort.

Bottom Line is: The inquisitor is the missing unit needed to fill this historically accurate role. Please, I beg you to honestly consider the addition of this well thought out Inquisition modification into BTS. :)

Very Respectfully,

Orion Veteran

It's definitely too late. After a certain point in the development process, game makers just focus on bug fixing instead of adding new stuff. If they keep adding stuff, game will never finish.

Top Bottom