1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS SDK] Ultimate Ranged Combat Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by Fanatic Demon, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Fanatic Demon

Fanatic Demon Student in Wizardry

Well thas the whole Idea. Unit can attack either by direct attack or by indirect attack. Direct attack is more accurate while indirect attack attack over hills or bombard a ground position.

no and yes.

units which have an indirect attack trait (like arilery) can shoot at direct attack units (like tanks) without fear of return fire from that unit. However, if the there are fortified units nearby which do have indirect attack trait, they will return defensive artilery fire.

This is a bit tricky which I haven't fully determined yet.

For the moment all units that can do a ranged ZOC attack on the the target will defend, but I admit this needs some balancing since this will effectivly obliterate the first unit that enters the ranged ZoC.

I thinking about letting it depend in a number of factors like, facing, target/defender visibility, target maximum speed (max movement) , target movement step(hoe many movement steps are left), defender fitness (how many shot/moves it has left) and defender response speed. This means that you can prepare a unit for an effective ambush by placing it a covered surrounding facing the target and allowing the to prepare for defence for a ful round.

2. PimpyMicPimp

PimpyMicPimp Regrets His Username.

3. jtxhorns

jtxhorns CaesarVichi

well i know this is an old thread but i like the range ideas that u have here and was wondering how i would apply them to a mod that i have. i tried testing it by putting the unit schematics in the units folder and then copying what u put for an archer. the game read fine but when i tried to use an archer it didnt seem to have any range or any of the other stuff. i was wondering if anyone knew what i should do.

4. newtkeeper

newtkeeper Chieftain

Remarks:
    1) Sounds very interesting. Essentially, Dale++, which can only be a good thing!
    2) I can't even download the <insert expletive> file. I get a 404 error when I click the link in the first post.
    3) Is winrar really required? The site seems to imply they want me to pay for it, and I happen to like my money (that and the fact that I'm underaged and lack a credit card).

5. jtxhorns

jtxhorns CaesarVichi

you dont need to pay to get winrar. they only reccomend that u pay for it, but all u have to do is keep closing the box that asks u to pay for it when u load the program and then u can continue to use it forever. i attached a copy of winrar here. just click on the link and unzip it and then its yours.

Attached Files:

6. newtkeeper

newtkeeper Chieftain

Thank you very much.

EDIT: I still can't get this mod to download, though. Has there been some sort of database wipe, are the computer issues (I'm using Vista, if that's relevant), am I cursed for my sins, or what?

7. jtxhorns

jtxhorns CaesarVichi

No Problem :goodjob:

8. newtkeeper

newtkeeper Chieftain

Sorry to harp on a point, but this mod looks very interesting, and the download doesn't seem to work.

Additionally, the creator doesn't seem to have been on since early December. Does anyone know how much of the plans mentioned in the first post got implemented? If a large portion did, would someone mind reuploading (is that a word) a copy they downloaded, if they have one?Or, if that isn't possible, is anyone currently working on something similar? Sorry to keep bothering you folks.

9. jtxhorns

jtxhorns CaesarVichi

I have wondered that myself. I am trying to implement a ranged attack in my mod but I can't get it to work. I think this thread is dead.

10. LittleRedPoint

LittleRedPoint Slaver

11. Cuteunit

Cuteunit Danse Macabre

Orphaned project?

12. Jeckel

Jeckel Great Reverend

Yea, any update on this?

13. NP300

NP300 Prince

The rar file for this mod is no longer up at the posted link. Does anyone have it available? I am curious to see the SDK code to see if I can replicate some of the functions of this mod, since it hasn't been updated.