[BtS] SolversEvents - more random events

Solver does adding these events make chance per turn to get an event greater?In other words if we have 170 events instead of 153 is it more likely to get events during game or we just have a greater pool of events?

It doesn't increase the chance, that's a separate variable. More events just means there are more events to choose from.

Updated!

Version 0.2. posted now. New events:

Preaching Researcher
Toxcatl
Dissident Priest
Industrious Villagers
Rogue Radio station
Anti-monarchists
Impeachment

This is an update focused on events that require a specific religion or civilization - all of them except Industrious Villagers are tied to something. The Industrious Villagers event is an early-game positive event that is meant to offset the abundance of negative events that happen early.

I wonder if there's anyone here who would be willing to translate the mod to French, or direct me to a French-speaking community member here?

About the nuclear strike event, is it anything like this event that me and Thalassicus are working on?

No, it's about people protesting that you have a large nuclear weapons arsenal. The event you thought of is pretty good, though, although the last post version's isn't so good anymore. With a few tweaks, I really like that event.

I wonder if there's anyone here who would be willing to translate the mod to French, or direct me to a French-speaking community member here?

Try giving the Frenchman a PM, hes from France btw, LOL:p

No, it's about people protesting that you have a large nuclear weapons arsenal. The event you thought of is pretty good, though, although the last post version's isn't so good anymore. With a few tweaks, I really like that event.
Phew, that's a relief. I was afraid that somebody had beat me to the punch already.

What do you not like about the latest version? Is it the frozen units?

Well, I can still beat you to it, you know :p

The problems there are:

1. The containment failure consequences are too complex. I'd stick with a direct loss of some population, fallout and unhappiness from Nuclear Plants. Don't overdo it.

2. Doing things such as 1 angry in a city for 5 turns sound simple, but actually require Python. It's easier to do 1 angry which will last for 10 turns on Normal speed.

3. You can only "freeze" one unit through regular XML event editing. Freezing any more units would require Python.

4. The "50% lower chance of event recurring" won't work. You can make something similar, but it won't really work too well. It's easier to set up a "higher chance of event recurring" than the opposite.

This is an event i have thought about:

Improving SDI capabilities?

Our generals are concerned about the increasing Nuclear Proliferation.They are making pressure to improve our SDI capabilities.

Event triggers:
-You or another civ (if this event is triggered to that civ) have already built SDI
-At least 2 other civs have nuclear weapons (hopefully it can be an event trigger)

Option 1: Upgrade missile interceptors (500 gold, +5% SDI interception chance)
Option 2: Upgrade missile interceptors and improve the tracking system (1000 gold +10% SDI interception, -1 with all other civs which have nuclear weapons)
Option 3:We don't fear an arms race.Let's dedicate all the resources needed to improve all SDI components and let's build also new forward bases.(2500 gold, +25% SDI interception chance, -3 relations with other nuclear powers)
Option 4:We don't want to spend more money on this project. (No effect)

Interesting. Python can actually improve your SDI defense. The trigger would have to be that you have the SDI, another civ won't be enough. Some parts are a bit tricky, though.

Well, I can still beat you to it, you know :p

The problems there are:

1. The containment failure consequences are too complex. I'd stick with a direct loss of some population, fallout and unhappiness from Nuclear Plants. Don't overdo it.

2. Doing things such as 1 angry in a city for 5 turns sound simple, but actually require Python. It's easier to do 1 angry which will last for 10 turns on Normal speed.

3. You can only "freeze" one unit through regular XML event editing. Freezing any more units would require Python.

4. The "50% lower chance of event recurring" won't work. You can make something similar, but it won't really work too well. It's easier to set up a "higher chance of event recurring" than the opposite.
I've cross-quoted you in the other thread, but from now on I think posting replies over there instead of here about my meltdown event is a good idea. Things could get confusing in both these threads. ;)

Interesting. Python can actually improve your SDI defense. The trigger would have to be that you have the SDI, another civ won't be enough. Some parts are a bit tricky, though.

I meant that the event can be applied to you if you have built SDI or any other civ if it has built SDI.I'm sure the problem is applying the diplomacy modifier to civs which have nuclear weapons which is probably hard to code.perhaps it can be done differently applying the diplomacy modifier to any civ which has researched Fission and has at least a diplomacy attitude toward you of -10 for example.

Well, you could identify which civs have nukes, but I think the method would be not very good. Instead, the trigger could be changed to having X nukes in the world, that'd probably work. Diplomatic modifiers, uhmm...

Anyway, I like the event, and will try to do something similar for my next batch. Then we'll see how well it works :)

Thought this event:

New Missile system has been developed!

The R&D defense department has developed a new advanced missile system which could be installed on our Missile Cruisers.

Option A: Our Missile Cruisers are fine as they are now.
Option B: Install it on our Missile Cruisers. Pay 1250 gold, all Missile Cruisers get +1 missile load

Sorry if this has been answered, is this mod compatible with your patch?

Pay attention! Reading the first post of this thread might help.

Tricky but interesting. Gaining one unit that is another civ's UU could be fun.

Top Bottom