[BtS] Star Trek Mod

I have been mobbed before on this forum but I will hazard again.

Civ IV Planetfall doesn't have a treasury credit limit of 5,000 so will some one please tell me how I can increase the treasury limit on Star Trek. It can't difficult, even for some one like me.

I will ask my question differently this time: have you let your treasury trip 5000 without using worldbuilder at all? I'm in the mid-late game, and my treasury is over 2,500 as it is, and that's without worldbuilder or even chasing gold, so I imagine if I actively tried to raise my income, by mid game I could hit easily hit 5,000+.

Without buying ships or buildings, there really isn't much money is used for... I guess diplomacy, but most other civs are so polarized at that point in the game that no amount of gold will sway them for more than a few turns, so I'd rather not even waste the effort.

Thank you for your reply, JFBY, I am just about to go on the Community thread to see if there is a general XML line or something like that can be amended. At the time of writing, I suspect that ST will not go above 5,000 credits, whether you earn it honestly or not. :) That is the default limit for this MOD, as far as I can see, because you can go above that figure without trying in Planetfall. If I get a useful response I shall get back to you.

Whether earned honestly or not, mea maxima culpa, I think the treasury is set too low for an epic game. We shall see.

Live long and prosper.

jfby, I have submitted a thread called "Treasury limit in Civ IV mods" in the Creation and Customisation forum for Civ IV. Let us see what that brings forth.

Thank you for your reply, JFBY, I am just about to go on the Community thread to see if there is a general XML line or something like that can be amended. At the time of writing, I suspect that ST will not go above 5,000 credits, whether you earn it honestly or not. :) That is the default limit for this MOD, as far as I can see, because you can go above that figure without trying in Planetfall. If I get a useful response I shall get back to you.

Whether earned honestly or not, mea maxima culpa, I think the treasury is set too low for an epic game. We shall see.

Live long and prosper.

Cmcastl, thanks for researching this one... I just haven't played any games recently so I'm of no use. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with how you play your game: it's your game, enjoy as you see fit :)! Let us know if you figure this out, and if I get a chance to play in the near future, I'll do the same.

I still love this mod, but i got a new comp, windows 7, the new 4.29 installer doesnt work!

like, it gives me an error which i have NO idea how to fix:
You must enter a full path with drive error; For example
C:\APP
Or UNC In the Form
\\server\share

Please help! I like this mod. Alot.

I am going to try the Planetfall forum, jfyby, and see if they do know a way to circumvent the Treasury Credit limit.

I still love this mod, but i got a new comp, windows 7, the new 4.29 installer doesnt work!

like, it gives me an error which i have NO idea how to fix:
You must enter a full path with drive error; For example
C:\APP
Or UNC In the Form
\\server\share

Please help! I like this mod. Alot.
Looks like you used a non-standard version of civ4 for your new computer. That or you "installed" it by simply copying over the files. The installer pulls from the registry and doesn't ask for a location because too many people were installing the mod to the wrong place.

I think i know why

Its probably because i have a 64 Bit Operating System, which means that the Program Files is actually Program Files(x86), which MEANS that the Installer is looking in the Program Files folder!

That MUST be the Reason!

Im gonna try moving the Program to the Program Files Folder and see if it worked.

I installed the Civ IV Gold Pack and i have the latest patch....
EDIT: I looked, but i have NO idea how to do it...

The Gold edition does not include the Beyond the Sword expansion pack (unless, maybe, you have some strange version of the Gold edition that was produced only in Europe - I seem to recall that there was some such difference in a European package like this).

If your Civ installation does not have the Final Frontier mod then you do not have BtS.

The Star Trek mod requires the BtS expansion since it needs the things that were changed in it that allowed the Final Frontier mod to be done. It also has to be patched to the current version 3.19.

Listen up, I have a response from TC01 on my Treasury credit limit which I posted in Civ IV Customisation and Mods. Can you, Deanej or jfby, or anyone else, make anything else out of this?

self.m_tabCtrlEdit.addSectionSpinner(
strGold,
"CvScreensInterface",
"WorldBuilderHandleCityEditGoldCB",
"CityEditGold",
gc.getPlayer(self.m_iCurrentPlayer).getGold(),
0)

The key would be to find where this is located, then change the value of 5000 to 50000 or something of the sort. Of course you'd want to create a backup, too :). I might get to this in the next week or two, but I'd need to know the file this is in, first.

Checking the Modiki...

The definition for this is:
VOID addSectionSpinner (STRING szLabel, STRING szPythonCBModule, STRING szPythonCBFxn, STRING szPythonID, INT iTabIndex, FLOAT fMin, FLOAT fMax, FLOAT fInc, FLOAT fInitialVal)

So the example with the arguments labeled as to what they are:
Code:
self.m_tabCtrlEdit.addSectionSpinner(
 strGold, [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]label text[/COLOR][/B]
 "CvScreensInterface",  [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]module with Python callback in it[/COLOR][/B]
 "WorldBuilderHandleCityEditGoldCB",  [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]callback function in above module[/COLOR][/B]
 "CityEditGold",  [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]an ID for the spinner[/COLOR][/B]
 0, [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]tab index[/COLOR][/B]
 -1000.0, [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]minimum allowed value[/COLOR][/B]
 5000.0, [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]maximum allowed value[/COLOR][/B]
 1.0, [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]step size[/COLOR][/B]
 gc.getPlayer(self.m_iCurrentPlayer).getGold(), [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]initial value[/COLOR][/B]
 0, [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]??? always 0[/COLOR][/B]
 0) [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]??? always 0[/COLOR][/B]

So in the file Assets\Python\Screens\CvWorldBuilderScreen.py you edit the settings for this spinner to change the limits and such. This particular one starts on line 1332 of that file in regular BtS.

To allow values over 5000 to be entered, change the 5000.0 to something bigger.

It's easy enough to change that, and other things. Like...

To make it so that it steps 10 at a time instead of 1 at a time, change the 1.0 on the "step size" line to 10.0.

Under which Folder do I find Assets\Python\Screens\CvWorldBuilderScreen.py, please?

The main game or BTS or the ST MOD itself (I have tried the later but can find no such files)?

I found the file, I think, under 2K games in my program files folder and made the adjustments, as I understood them (keeping a copy of the original file, of course), but it hasn't implemented in my present game, leading me to wonder if I would need to start a new game?

I've found some changes you make to the files (XML or Python) will implement in your current game immediately/retrospectively, others from the point you made the modification in your current game forward, and others only if you start a new game.

I guess you could just start a new game, cheat your way to 4950, have a surplus a few turns, and see what happens.

Under which Folder do I find Assets\Python\Screens\CvWorldBuilderScreen.py, please?

The main game or BTS or the ST MOD itself (I have tried the later but can find no such files)?

The order to check for changing files, since it is the order of their priority in loading, is:
1) Custom Assets (overrides everything if it is active, but can be turned off for a mod in its .ini file - Star Trek turns this off so for this you can skip it)
2) the mod
3) BtS
4) Warlords (even if you didn't buy Warlords, you still got most of it when you got BtS)
5) vanilla Civ4

So start looking for the file at 1 unless the mod turns off custom assets (which ST does), in which case start at 2. The first file of the correct path and name that you find is the one that is being used.

Top Bottom