[BtS] Star Trek Mod

Jfyby, as a matter of curiosity; what would immediately implement the change? My Worldbuilder file now has a large value - I won't say how much :) - but the current game ignores it.

It doesn't really matter that much so long as a new game would implement the change but before I do that, can you confirm it?

Live long and prosper.

God-Emperor, the only .py file for World-Builder, Treasury, I could find, and which I changed, were in my Program Files folder for the general game and that is what I changed.

Live long and prosper.

PS - As far as I can see both my BTS and Warlords folders are empty of .py files? The only place I found them, as I have said, was in the general program for the game.

BtS has something like 55 .py files, including a CvWorldBuilderScreen.py in Beyond the Sword\Assets\Python\Screens. If you do not see this, then you are looking in the wrong place...

Also important, the Star Trek mod itself has a file of that name since the improved WB for Final Frontier derived mods that TC01 did makes changes to that file.

I don't know which files when changed have impact on your game: I do know if you mod a ship value mid game, that your old ships won't recieve the change, but any new ships built will (this was on an older version... 2.xx or maybe 3.xx), but a few other changes I made wouldn't go into effect without restarting a new game.

I have made a few moves into a new game and I think my attempting to increase the Treasury Limit has come into effect. I will confirm that idc.

It looks like the registry entries that tell Windows where civ4 is installed do not exist on your system for some reason. Not really sure what to recommend; the only thing I can think of is to create a key INSTALLDIR in the registry at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword and set that key to where you have civ4 installed.

Sadly this didn't work...neither did a reinstall. I'm at an absolute loss for words. I want to play this really badly.

If it helps I have the Civ IV complete edition (including colonization)

I try to play this mod for years, but it will always go to a direct ctd when trying to start it. Download works well, installing to. I have no clue whatsoever is going wrong here... I play tons of other mods and they work fine, never had this kind of prob.

Any hints? And please don't tell me "try a fresh install/download/fresh bts/patch 3.19/etc"...

Greez,

Tschuggi

Sadly this didn't work...neither did a reinstall. I'm at an absolute loss for words. I want to play this really badly.

If it helps I have the Civ IV complete edition (including colonization)

Complete also uses non-standard registry keys. I'm not sure why adding the key wouldn't work here.

I have a problem installing the mod on Windows 7, I have the windows in Spanish.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Same issue as above; you can try the registry key fix to see if it works for you (it appears to work for some but not others and I have no idea why).

I try to play this mod for years, but it will always go to a direct ctd when trying to start it. Download works well, installing to. I have no clue whatsoever is going wrong here... I play tons of other mods and they work fine, never had this kind of prob.

Any hints? And please don't tell me "try a fresh install/download/fresh bts/patch 3.19/etc"...

Greez,

Tschuggi

I know you don't want to hear this, but it looks like a patch 3.19 issue, though it depends on what the other mods are that are working. Some mods work with older versions (particularly 3.17, which is what comes with civ4 complete), and others don't. I'm not aware of another cause of a CTD when launching.

Plus Gold uses non-standard registry keys too. You'll have to add it. I'm surprised it worked on your old computer - did you switch editions when you go the new computer?

sorry its taken so long to respond
Actually, i just realised, i usually refer to a game with all expansion packs as gold, BUT, Its actually called the Complete Edition, it comes with the origonal, Warlords, BtS, AND Colonization IV
This edition was released in 2009
Also, my old Operating system was Vista, yet my new one is Windows 7. Vista is known for NOTHING Working! Doesnt make much sense.

hmm
well, the complete edition came out on may 12th, the patch was released on june 10th, both dates are from 2009.
So im gonna patch it to 3.19, its possible that i had patched 3.19 on my old computer, but i dunno.

Greetings @deanej

Hey, are you still working on this mod or have you done a final version?:)

The installer looks up the path from the registry. It doesn't matter if you have an x86 or x64 system. Have you tried actually INSTALLING civ4 from the CD rather than just copying the files over? Other than that the only fix is to manually edit the registry as detailed in in the FAQ.

I just got my laptop back from a month in the shop (it broke, and the only parts that weren't replaced were the case and screen/monitor). It's a Win7 machine. I installed Civ IV Complete from the CD, and everything runs fine. I upgraded to patch 3.19, and then tried installing Star Trek 4.29, but it gives me the same error message that prompted your above-quoted response.

That would be great advice, but it might as well be gibberish, because I don't know how to edit the registry as detailed in the FAQ. Does anyone possess the patience to guide an old gamma-geek (as opposed to an alpha geek ;)) through the process?

Spoiler :
I just got my laptop back from a month in the shop (it broke, and the only parts that weren't replaced were the case and screen/monitor). It's a Win7 machine. I installed Civ IV Complete from the CD, and everything runs fine. I upgraded to patch 3.19, and then tried installing Star Trek 4.29, but it gives me the same error message that prompted your above-quoted response.

That would be great advice, but it might as well be gibberish, because I don't know how to edit the registry as detailed in the FAQ. Does anyone possess the patience to guide an old gamma-geek (as opposed to an alpha geek ;)) through the process?

Interesting, I run Win 7 Pro 64bits. Upon reading your post I felt like down loading it and giving a try, and well I had no issues:hmm:. I followed the link , and then waited the 24 mins or so to download, and once that was finished I opened up the Zip. I use WinRar (make sure to have proper version 64bits/32bits) for most, but w/e should be fine.

I then proceeded to open up the file, then double-clicked on the Exe. Hit next a few times then 1-2 mins later done. Since I use the Steam version, I made a Star Trek shortcut, hit play, and all was fine.

So try following those steps, but alas I have no Other sage advice, for my install went fine. :blush: Good Luck hope it helps:borg:

...One more thing, a bit of irony actually.. I find that most of the installers I use, on other Mods, I 'm always having to re-direct the files to the proper location. This installer, although to start off I must admit I was not exactly sure where it was being installed; location appeared as dots due to the length of the location name; put the Mod in the correct Mods folder. :woohoo:

Top Bottom