• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Star Trek Mod

Eh, no. Tried several times, but within 35 turns several civs got eliminated, one time my own: GAME OVER. (Before that happened all scouts were eliminated as well.) They may not spawn right next to you but with strength 20 and speed 10, what does it matter? After 30-50 turns, with these guys around, you're lucky to have some Light IIs...:( (They might be challenging to have around in the late game, though!)

It all depends on when they start spawning, IMO. Starting from turn 30-35 no civ can wield ships strength 7 (5 maybe, which is safe when fortified as City defender, giving max +25%+any city defense value); spawned in the late game, they can be annoying at strength 20, but beatable. Move 10 is over-the-top, so to speak. (BTW, normal barbs are also present.)

Anyway, some positive feedback: the Cloaking implementation is great, as is the overall look and from the changelog alone it's obvious you made quite a lot of improvements and changes.(Also, as far as I can tell, events seem fine, i.e. as in Beta 2.) ;)

I've attached a patch for beta 3. Here's the changelog:
-Alien Vessel: 7 strength, 3 moves
-Increased time to barb strength increases

@JEELEN: What gamespeed were you using? Either I need to find out what CyGame().getEstimatedEndGameTurn() actually does, or I need to find out what's wrong with the spawn code.

Downloading now... but in the future, how about you not upload at places that have 4 minute wait times.

Well since This guy has put more then 4 minutes of his personal time for us to play a Star wars Mod I don't think you can really complain about a 4 minute wait of your time to play a Free made for you (with someone elses time) Mod

Yeah there are other alternative Upload spots but that just came off alittle rude.

I've attached a patch for beta 3. Here's the changelog:

@JEELEN: What gamespeed were you using? Either I need to find out what CyGame().getEstimatedEndGameTurn() actually does, or I need to find out what's wrong with the spawn code.

Cool! :) (I always use Normal speed.)

Well since This guy has put more then 4 minutes of his personal time for us to play a Star wars Mod I don't think you can really complain about a 4 minute wait of your time to play a Free made for you (with someone elses time) Mod

Yeah there are other alternative Upload spots but that just came off alittle rude.

Hey, this mistake is quite unfortunate in a Star Trek thread :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist... :crazyeye:

:confused: Anyway, got Beta 3 going!

By turn 105 (as the Romulans) I got 3 colonies, Border Defense Network + Multi-Race Database (?) in Romulus, 1 cloaked scout (by battle promotion), Light IIIs, a base defense of 50%, met the Ferengi and Breen (who already built the Tachyon Detection Grid) and detected my first enemy Spy. As usual someone else built the Tower of Commerce and the D'Arsay Archive (who could it be?).

By turn 130 I got 5 systems colonized (en route to the 6th), can build Light IVs and am killing stray barbs (still mostly Light Is) for promotion purposes. Although I'm starting to loose Scouts, I still have 5+ units out there, but haven't met any other civ yet. I still have 0 Construction Ships and cash is low at 246 (+6/turn, mainly due to upgrades of Lights I->IV) with Science at 90% and Espionage at 0-10%. I still have some Light Is left over, which I'll use for scouting when base defense consists of Lights III-IV.

As far as I can tell so far, gameplay looks balanced, but I'm only at 2360 AD. At any rate it's great fun! :goodjob:

So got a problem with Beta 3. The first problem was that it couldn't find any of the xml files so I download the art and sound pack again, deleted the star trek mod folder in order reinstall the mod fresh. So I do that and that seems to fix that problem but now the game crashes when ever I try to start a new game it says windows has encountered a problem and needs to close down. Also It won't load any current games, I'm going to try reinstalling civ see if that works but I doubt it

He's what I am able to copy from the error report.

AppName: civ4beyondsword.exe AppVer: 3.0.0.1 ModName: cvgamecoredll.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0006ccf4

Also meantions that the following files will be included in the error report
C:\DOCUME~1\Andy\LOCALS~1\Temp\cb39_appcompat.txt

UPDATE: Well I tried the reinstall root and as I suspected it DIDN'T work Beta 2 always worked fine for me, (wish I hadn't deleted it now). I feel I should point out that I'm using Civ 4 Complete edition (which for those of you who don't know was the version which had Civ 4, warlords and beyond the sword on one dvd), and it worked fine with Beta 2, so unless there has been some sort of patch for beyond the sword in-between beta 2 and beta 3 releases I don't think that is the problem. Also the normal epic game works just fine.

P.S I did download the patch

Opps. My bad... Pretty funny though lol

And deanej thanks for all your hard work and time. Love the Star Trek mod.

:D

@vedli: Yes, there has been a patch for BtS between betas 2 and 3. Patch 3.17 for BtS can be found on this site.

:lol: Always something simple like that.

Just finished a game as Federation. And I like the updates a lot. The new music is great and thought the barb alien vessel was a nice touch. It's a shame the alien vessel is quickly outclassed once you get light IV but I guess that's what the crystalline entity is for.

Tried out the cloak but didn't notice any graphic change and couldn't tell if it was working. Maybe make a ship that has the cloak slightly transparent when not fighting? Also had an idea for an event dealing with the cloak a "Treaty of Algeron" event for when you are at war with another Civ. Basically
the idea is similar to the event in the epic game were you get the chance to end a war against another civ but have to give up the cloak. You are also rewarded with a large bonus of positive diplomacy points with all civs (making it less likely that other civs will declare war on you).

Aside from that it's still as great as ever.

This is a great mod. I was having fun playing until I decided to attack the Ferengi. I attacked one of their cities and captured it. I now cannot construct any buildings on any of my planets. I read some previous threads where this was happening with some previous versions. I'm playing with beta 3 with the current barbarian patch on BTS 3.17.

Keep up the good work.

Here's a cumulative patch for beta 3:
-Fixed bug where capturing a system with a planetary defense grid would cause a player to be unable to build buildings

Let me know if the city capture problem continues. That means that there are more problem buildings in the mod.

Thanks for the patch. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I was at work. Here is the screenshot. I hope this helps.

Played til turn 200 (2430 AD), by which time I've located the Cardassians, Dominon and some Borg colonies, managed to seal a defensive pact with the Ferengi. In 2409 AD I encountered the 1st barb Light IV, in 2414 AD the Crystalline attacked me (and got defeated the next turn), in 2416 AD I saw the 1st barb colony (but the Dominion beat me to it). I also saw a 2nd Crystalline and noticed these typos:
- the Hyper-Subspace Comm. pop-up reads "Lt Barclay, my congradulations on establishing the first trans-galactic comm. link..." (should be com-link, I think)
- the pop growth pop-up also reads congradulations.
With the mourned loss of events (hopefully temporary!) and overall reduce in speed of units, gameplay is a bit slower, but that's something to be expected. Also, Cloaking Devices seem only installable by promotion (through combat experience, that is), which seems a bit weird (it appears more logical if a Cloaking Device were installed on a shipyard, i.e. when the unit is built.)

Started a new, post-cumulative game as the UFP; hope these hiccups are fixed now! Talk to you later.;)

Cloaking Devices seem only installable by promotion (through combat experience, that is), which seems a bit weird (it appears more logical if a Cloaking Device were installed on a shipyard, i.e. when the unit is built.)

Don't think that would be a good idea tbh. The cloak is very powerful particularly for bombardment (seriously Exploration 6 Plus cloak makes for a hard to find, very fast artillery piece). It's not very hard to get especially for anyone with the aggressive character trait.

Played a few times now and is it me or are the Bajorans very aggressive? They seem to of started every single war so far and at least one of there wars was against me. And two of those was when I was in permanent alliances.

The game also seems a lot harder now then it was before or at least the AI is much better at keeping up, the top three seem to switch places nearly every turn.

The new uses for resources I think are very good and place a new emphasis on claiming resources however since supspace warheads and the trans-dimensional gate victory are no longer around the plasma resource is now useless. Is this temporary or does a new use need to thought up for them because as it stands now it might as well be removed from the game.

Top Bottom