[BTS] The History of Three Kingdoms

Yes, the prisoner trading is great! It would be nice however, if upon capturing an enemy hero, the faction they belong to would be willing to negotiate immediately. Xu Zhu and Xiahou Yuan don't really stick around in prison to long.

Patch C for V2.5 is out, download here: http://sanguoforciv4.googlecode.com/files/HoTK V2.5 Patch C.exe

Save game compatible.

change list:

0.308: fix: fix phantom blockading caused by defeating a hidden nationality unit

0.307: fix: fix the capture last city CTD bug once and for all
fix a type-induced CTD in CAR Mod
rule tweak: heroes can now walk all terrain
on no city scenarios the initial leader hero will join faction at start

Wow, you've made so much progress since last time I checked this mod.
I just started a new game with Lv Bu(Deity), it turned out to be much more balanced.
New features, especially random heros are especially good, since they give minor factions a chance.

Stmartin, there's a little problem that bugs me.
I captured Cao Cao and Xiahou Dun during the game I mentioned above.
But I can't trade for anything with them, since it's not allowed in the war.
And when I make peace with Cao Clan, they refuse to give more than 15 gold for Cao Cao himself.
This is a bit strange, cause the introduction of this new "trade prisioners" feature implies that AI would be willing to pay much more, at least not only 15 gold.

A minor bug:
AI get numerous Luo Jun:confused:, can't figure why.
Note that Zhang Xiu still have another stack of Luo Jun.:mischief:

Spoiler :

Welcome back Vesley!

You are the first one who give me some feedback about the trading price of heroes. It definitely needs tuning from the look of things.

About the hero duplication bug, I assume you are running with patch C right? It may be the same bug reported in development forum, I'll try to take care of them in a day or two.

Welcome back Vesley!

You are the first one who give me some feedback about the trading price of heroes. It definitely needs tuning from the look of things.

About the hero duplication bug, I assume you are running with patch C right? It may be the same bug reported in development forum, I'll try to take care of them in a day or two.

Thanks for your quick reply.
1.Yeah, I suggest that a super hero (like Cao Cao, Guan Yu) should at least worth 1500 gold or something, that's about the price of a minor tech, and the "ransom" should be influenced by its xp, so that they won't be too cheap in the late game.
2.It seems a bit bizarre that you can held a faction leader as prisoner for many years (I imprisoned Cao Cao for 15 years:lol:), and he is still the leader of that faction.
3.Yeh I'm playing with patch C. Expecting for the new patch.:goodjob:

The changes look great! Especially the Han Sui and Ma Teng succession problem. Good to see the mod is not in total hibernation right now!

Er, patch E is out: http://sanguoforciv4.googlecode.com/files/HoTK V2.5 Patch E.exe

It's save game compatible with patch D, but not patch C and previous patch.

changes for both patch D and patch E is as follows:

0.311: fix: fixed hero duplication bug(which is the cause of all the CTDs we are aware of)
fixed hero screen display problem (due to technical reasons random heroes cannot order alphabetically; they are at the bottom of each class, order themselves by the year of creation)

0.310: fix: fixed a bug in army system that non-guard legion core troop also get leader hero's core troop promotion
fixed a bug a hero in army could sometime choose the leader hero's potential promotion when leveling
fixed a bug a newly generated leader hero may be willing to surrender if captured
fixed a bug when Ma Teng and Han Sui are present in a scenario at the same time, Han Sui would still choose Ma Teng as his successor

0.309: fix: fixed a bug when a legion unit who has irritation promotion dies in combat, a CTD occurs
fixed a bug about random heroes don't appear upon creation
balance: Quelling and Suppressing promotion's strength modifier against non-revival unit reduces to 15%
adjust hero trade value to be less dependent on hero's loyalty, increase with game turn and influenced by game speed
rule tweak: removed hero's ability to move all terrain, as it causes some serious AI problem
capture enemy leader triggers temporary leader succession; each more turn captured, there's a chance for the succession is turn permanent
interface: order heroes alphabetically

Just wanted to say that this new upgrade with the Nine Transformation is awesome. Truly, this is one of my favorite mods. Keep up the awesome work!

This is really an amazing mod, the scope of it is huge and really well done. I LOVE the heroes system, it really adds so much to the combat system (and it's great seeing tiny Guan Yu waving his arms to rally his legion). The faction traits are really innovative too, i especially like the Yellow Turban and Mount Tai because they're so different from the main game. The wonder that turns units into UU's is also top-notch, a fantastic idea.

a couple things i noticed in the game i'm playing (latest version and patch):

I am Zang Ba in an OCC, my goal being to vassalize and direct my master to victory. I couldn't vassalize peacefully, only through capitulation. It didn't affect things too much, since his natural diplo bonus more than cancels out any negatives for DOWing on peoples friend; and i capitulated the first turn he would talk (before any units were even killed).

Units in an army sometimes lose track of the graphics for the star or shield icon in the corner of the plot list icon. They occasionally come up as a pink square, but only some units, and they seem to come back over time.

As i was leveling up Guan Yu, i lost a few promotions out of my nine transformations pool (2 yellow ones, i can't remember which). Also with a different Hero (forget which), i lost the flying wedge promotion, after i reloaded an autosave it was back and i was unable to duplicate it.

These are just a few minor things though, all in all i am really loving this and hope to see multiplayer compatability someday.

Hi. Was just introduced to this Mod and it looks awesome. Unfortunately, I can't seem to load it. I haven't had any problems loading other BTS mods. I downloaded HoTK v2.5, HoTK v2.5 Patch E, and the HoTK Music Pack. Ran the v2.5 and Patch E installers and added the Music Pack Assets folder. However, when I try to load the mod, I get a "Civ 4 has stopped working" pop up. Anyone else run into this problem?

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/slin2678/?action=view&current=CIV4Error.jpg

honestly I have no idea why that happens. If all other mods work, then I suspect it's an install problem, try deleting the mod and install ONLY the core file, and try again.

If it still doesn't work, I recommend doing a google search with the error message, it may give you some hints.

I found out the problem. Thought I had installed Civ 4 BtS Patch 3.19 but didn't. It works after I installed the patch. Thanks and looking forward to playing HoTK!

Hello, I would like to know if the source code for the .DLL is public ? If it is I guess im half blind and would require a bit of direction to where it is. :p

EDIT: I found some parts there are this link, but can it be downloaded from there, like all into one folder since they seem to be like notepads all?

http://code.google.com/p/sanguoforciv4/source/detail?r=354

I tried installing it how you said to, but when I load the mod, it comes up as normal BtS and has no scenario's/maps..

Top Bottom