[BTS] The History of Three Kingdoms

hmmmm good question ......

1.During a war farmers can rise up and give you a free unit your choice in what type ( warrior, archer, mounted)

2.locust swarm ( cant all be good :p )

3.a merchant wish's to sell his wears in X city ( u can agreed to get 1 :) , agree and tax to get $$$ , refuse and get 1 :( )

4.revolts ?

5.a really rare one to find a hero ?

6.medical breakthrough

7.a traveling circus comes to x city and a (lion, bear or wolf) breaks out (u can capture him and bring him back for $$ , capture him and use him as a unit, kill it for +X food)

ill try to get more *goes back to killing the other loards*

OH P.S. the army with the nomadic tribes can be too powerful

im playing a custom game with them and Ma Chao as leader once i get 3 of them i can take any and almost all cities out easily i believe the 16 attack strength is too powerful

maybe have them pop out on pure bred horses but rare and have normal horses pop out 8attack one ?

Hey there!

Could not play any scenario that was included in this mod, as it gave (view the picture) an error.
Downloaded files : HoTK V2.5.exe (76,6Mb), HoTK V2.5 Patch E.exe (1,4Mb) & HoTK Music Pack.zip (98.9Mb) and installed into game mod's folder.

Have no idea what's wrong.. maybe needed more files to download? Cause I've never experienced this error before.

Oh and forgot to say, that I've tried to play an original scenarios (like Earth 18 civ.) it let me get there only to choose a leader to play, but after launching the game, it closing programme.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 340
This is a great mod. It deserves your attention if you have an interest in the Three Kingdoms historical era.

I'm really enjoying this mod, and I'm glad that I finally got around to giving it a try.

I'm confused about one aspect that I haven't been able to understand, although I've searched the threads and Civilopedia.

Does anybody know what the loyalty score means on the heroes? 100 is a high value, but does it mean loyalty to me when I purchase them, or loyalty to their flagged faction?

When they are available to recruit, they loyalty refers the faction flag that is "normal" for them. So if you purchase them and they are not of your faction, they wont have the 100% loyalty. The loyalty factor only comes into play if that general's core troop is defeated in battle and they defect to the side that beat them.

Been a long time since this mod was worked on. A shame it's been abandoned. Had real possibilities.

Does anyone know if the ability to recruit captured hero's was implemented? The mod says you can see the hero's you have captured in the hero advisory and recruit/execute them but I never see them there. The only place I see hero's I have captured is in the diplomacy trade screen where I can trade them back to the other ruler. Am I missing it somewhere or was this just not implemented?

Does anyone know if the ability to recruit captured hero's was implemented? The mod says you can see the hero's you have captured in the hero advisory and recruit/execute them but I never see them there. The only place I see hero's I have captured is in the diplomacy trade screen where I can trade them back to the other ruler. Am I missing it somewhere or was this just not implemented?

It is implemented but the opportunity to recruit them doesn't happen right away. I don't know exactly how it works but several turns later you will be given the chance to recruit certain captured heroes. Apparently they have to be willing to defect first which only happens over time.

It is implemented but the opportunity to recruit them doesn't happen right away. I don't know exactly how it works but several turns later you will be given the chance to recruit certain captured heroes. Apparently they have to be willing to defect first which only happens over time.

-----------
I have seen that message (something about them being willing to surrender) but don't see any option anywhere. Do they show up in the normal list in the hero advisor or another screen? Right now I have all these hero's I capture and they just rot in my prison the entire game :(

-----------
I have seen that message (something about them being willing to surrender) but don't see any option anywhere. Do they show up in the normal list in the hero advisor or another screen? Right now I have all these hero's I capture and they just rot in my prison the entire game :(

I haven't played it recently so I don't remember the screen. I think it was where you would normally see your captured heroes. On that screen you will see the option to recruit the ones willing to join you.

Imo, I think the Whole Dynasty Warriors, History of the Three Kingdoms, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms games are reaching it age. It's time Koei start making something else and work on that.

I haven't played it recently so I don't remember the screen. I think it was where you would normally see your captured heroes. On that screen you will see the option to recruit the ones willing to join you.

I figured it out thanks. I didn't have my screen resolution set for this mod correctly so the bottom where the prisoner tab was not showing on the screen *bangs head against wall*

Hello guys! It's sad to find that The History of Three Kingdoms mod was abandoned like this, since 2010. It was (and still is) a very interesting mod, which implemented some nice ideas (Heroes, for example) and portrayed one of the most interesting periods in Chinese history.

There was a lot of potential on HOTK, and it could have been improved if it's development never had stopped. HOTK's unit and terrain graphics, for example, are inferior in comparison with mods like RI, HR and AND. The number of available heroes could be increased as well, in order to offer more flavor for those who choose to play with minor forces. Strategists like Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi and others could be introduced in HOTK as a new kind of heroes. And the list goes on and on...

If one or more of HOTK's creators read this post (and I hope that this will happen), I urge you to resume development of this mod! It is a very nice one! Please think about it! Civ 4 has a lot more options for modders than Civ 5, and your scenario/mod could be one of the greatest...

Does anyone still have the files in question? The download links just lead me to an error page and the computer that had this mod died.

Top Bottom