• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

I agree.:goodjob: (Scenarios load fine, look great too!):)

I think I'll update to incorporate the new terrain and such. (I noticed there's 2 Volcano terrains'does that mean there's a Volcano event included? (Oh and BTW, who's the creator of the 500 AD scenario?):confused:

I have an issue. The mod loads seemingly fine. But, when I go and try to play a game the new civs aren't available. I thought the issues might have been with the specific scenario I was trying to play - I went ahead and tried to play a random generated map via "play now", the results were the same; no new civs.

Mod is placed in the right directory. This should be working. I downloaded the full version Thomas' War 3.5a.

Thoughts?

tsentom1:

I got everything working on another 2 machines (which I know doesn't mean anything 100%) so I'm imagining its my computer. I'm just going to delete everything and re-install, whatever was going wrong should be fixed like that.

Thanks for the help and sorry to have bothered you.

Keep up the good work, this is truly a great mod.

It was no bother, and I'm glad you were able to get it working in some capacity. It's still strange it wasn't working on your first machine, and I'm still looking into what might have caused this as it will help other people who might have similar problems.

I agree.:goodjob: (Scenarios load fine, look great too!):)

I think I'll update to incorporate the new terrain and such. (I noticed there's 2 Volcano terrains'does that mean there's a Volcano event included? (Oh and BTW, who's the creator of the 500 AD scenario?):confused:

The 500 AD was made by c0d5579. So far the only real scenarios for the mod are the two you made and that one. All the rest included are just really blank maps a friend of mine wanted me to include or set some civs too so I thought I'd throw them in as well.

The Volcano event is in the game. I had to make two features to separate between the dormant and active ones which kinda annoyed me as I wish I could have tied it to one. A bunch of the terrain features are sort of useless, but tied to events, which is kinda sloppy codding I guess.

I have an issue. The mod loads seemingly fine. But, when I go and try to play a game the new civs aren't available. I thought the issues might have been with the specific scenario I was trying to play - I went ahead and tried to play a random generated map via "play now", the results were the same; no new civs.

Mod is placed in the right directory. This should be working. I downloaded the full version Thomas' War 3.5a.

Thoughts?

Hmm, when you load up the mod does it give the BTS title screen (Florence Cathedral) or the Thomas' War one (Spaceship). If it's not the Thomas' War screen then chances are the mod didn't load at all for some reason.

I would suggest double checking it was installed in the right place:

(default path usually something like: program files/firaxis games/sid civilization iv/beyond the sword/mods)

Also, some unzipping programs create an extra folder, so double check that that didn't happen.

Looking through the file tree it should go something like:

Beyond the Sword/Mods/Thomas' War/Assets/...

If it created an extra folder it would look something like

Beyond the sword/Mods/ThomasWar3.5a/Thomas' War/Assets/...

If that's the case you need to remove the first folder that says Thomas War and move the second one (that contains the Assets folder) into the mods section. The second one is actually the mod, the first would be an extra folder just holding the mod.

The 500 AD was made by c0d5579. So far the only real scenarios for the mod are the two you made and that one. All the rest included are just really blank maps a friend of mine wanted me to include or set some civs too so I thought I'd throw them in as well.

The Volcano event is in the game. I had to make two features to separate between the dormant and active ones which kinda annoyed me as I wish I could have tied it to one. A bunch of the terrain features are sort of useless, but tied to events, which is kinda sloppy codding I guess.

Don't know about that... I've noticed the Volcano event when playing, plus the "vicious tornadoes" event. About that: instead of just destroying improvements it also places an actual Tornado on the affected square, which stays put for quite a while. Shouldn't that be a one-turn-only event? (I know tornadoes return to certain areas in hurricane season, but they generally don't stay put for years on end...)

Otherwise I really like the look of the mod and the extra civs, event candy and other additions you put in.:hatsoff:

If it created an extra folder it would look something like

Beyond the sword/Mods/ThomasWar3.5a/Thomas' War/Assets/...

If that's the case you need to remove the first folder that says Thomas War and move the second one (that contains the Assets folder) into the mods section. The second one is actually the mod, the first would be an extra folder just holding the mod.

That was indeed the case. I should have seen this. Thank you for you help, tsentom.

First of all..

A HUUGE Thank you for this exellent mod! Everything I missed, and more, in this one.
Great work! You should get paid :crazyeye:

Now, the mod runs great on singleplayer. I've played several rounds to the end and had no problems. But, when I play in multiplayer with a friend, we can play fine....untill we have to save.

We save the game and log out.

Then when we reloading the game it simply wount work.
It loads up and you pick your civs again. The connecting party gets the statement "the mod needs to reload" and it simply wount let the second player in.
The game stalls for the person trying to connect and the "master" player gets to wait for the other player to connect.

Anyone else had any problem loading saved games in multiplayer?

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for a great mod!

What better way to spend a rainy Sunday than to play with a new mod. Thanks, tsentom1.

Hi, great mod, love everything about it, unfortunately, everytime I get to around 1400 and researching hydroponics the game ctd, I have saved, reloaded, started new games and always the same, any help would be appreciated :goodjob:

Hi, I have worked out what causes my game to ctd, I am running diplomatic victory, and have banned nuclear weapons with the UN, when I then research fission it crashes as soon as the research is finished, am waiting for the UN options to come up and will unban nukes ans see if it will work then :)

Well I un-banned nukes, but the game still crashes as soon as the fission research finishes :-(

Who knows, I couldn't figure it out either. I uninstalled BTS and reinstalled on my machine and all is working great. Thanks again!

Well I un-banned nukes, but the game still crashes as soon as the fission research finishes :-(

Do you have a save you can post? Usually that helps the modmaker find the exact bug. As it could be any number of things including what civ you are playing as, game settings, if you were playing a scenario, etc. Also, posting the error message that comes up helps.

First of all..

A HUUGE Thank you for this exellent mod! Everything I missed, and more, in this one.
Great work! You should get paid :crazyeye:

Now, the mod runs great on singleplayer. I've played several rounds to the end and had no problems. But, when I play in multiplayer with a friend, we can play fine....untill we have to save.

We save the game and log out.

Then when we reloading the game it simply wount work.
It loads up and you pick your civs again. The connecting party gets the statement "the mod needs to reload" and it simply wount let the second player in.
The game stalls for the person trying to connect and the "master" player gets to wait for the other player to connect.

Anyone else had any problem loading saved games in multiplayer?

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for a great mod!

Hmm, I haven't had any problems with multiplayer... yet.

Post the save, if you still have it on your computer. Even multiplayer saves can be tested and to find out what's causing the bug.

Also, I would double check that everyone has the same files (everyone using the animated or static packs, not one person animated and another static. Same with the mod version).

Top Bottom