[BtS] - Traits

woodelf

Bard
Retired Moderator
Since I need to redo the XML for traits anyhow I figured I'd ask if anyone felt we needed to change anything.

Existing Traits: (and their current effects)

Aggressive - some free promotions, some :gp: boost
Creative - some :gp:, :culture: (too much IMO)
Diplomatic - some commerce change, also MaxGlobalBuilding?
Expansive - :health:, :culture: <---Why?
Industrious - :hammers:
Organized - lower maintenance. Weak.
Philosophical - :gp:, :science: boost
Populous - :health:, +2 :food:
Scientific - nothing changed?
Economic - nothing changed?
Independent - nothing changed?

There's no espionage boost in traits? I'm surprised. Maybe civics only?

I think these need some work so let the ideas flow.

I need to think a bit over this one, but at first hunch I'm inclined to change/rename traits to something more modern. Populous and Diplomatic are good examples.
Btw, what does the MaxGlobalBuilding tag? Is it the number of city facilities required for stuff like the Global Theater and the Oxford University?

These are all put in exactly as before to get the game going.

Can traits be used to influence Events?

not through xml.

Is this something that could be cool? I would think Creative leaders would attract more bards and such. That example is not for SotM obviously, but I can see where it might be useful.

On those traits... do we need to keep the third trait of leaders (scientific, economic, independent) to get them into a certain pre-ideology? Are there other ways to make them more inclined to follow a certain alignment/ideology?
I'm asking because if we want to rename all those traits to more modern/moonlike ones, those three would be good already.

On those traits... do we need to keep the third trait of leaders (scientific, economic, independent) to get them into a certain pre-ideology? Are there other ways to make them more inclined to follow a certain alignment/ideology?
I'm asking because if we want to rename all those traits to more modern/moonlike ones, those three would be good already.

It isn't set up for a third trait ATM. The leaders can now have a favorite religion, which I left as NONE for now. That should help keep them focused where we want them. That and starting with the tech that founds the religion. :D and :lol:

Using the scientific, economic, and independent works for me if we want to remove some blah plain ones. Or use a third. Doesn't matter to me.

Personally, I prefer only two traits/leader. It's not like we have so many leaders we need them to have three to be unique.

Top Bottom