[BTS] UN Peacekeeping Forces [Modular] - As Requested

be sure to check out my other cool stuff. currently working hard on my Crusades ModComp. am also collaborating with Kailric on his Crusades Mod. I think we'll be combining both mods into one. not sure how to work it yet.

check out this link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=269637

and thanks for adding me to your mod. this may be the final release. will try to upload combined files on the downloads section soon.

Well.. just throwing this out there, but why not remove the UN HQ as the prerequisite for these units and instead make training these units based on whether you're the current Secretary General?

Then you could have each new Secretary General gain control over all current UN peacekeeping units and control of the training of new ones. That way, there's at least the danger that if you lose control of the seat, then your rival will gain control of the massive force you've trained.

Could also make for interesting options with the Apostolic Palace as well.

Did you get this to work? Please, it would be nice if you could update your first post in this thread and explain how the current version works! :)

Did you get this to work? Please, it would be nice if you could update your first post in this thread and explain how the current version works! :)

unfortunately, i am not a true coder, and at the moment, Dom Pedro has apparently lost interest in this mod. i do know one coder, but he is working on his own Holy Wars mod right now. i'll let you know if i find a coder, but then if you can code, i think this should be fairly simple for you, and i would definitely appreciate any help!

No, sorry, I can't code anything. I still think you should clean up the first post a bit. :goodjob:

Hilarious :lol:

I was lying in my bed last night contemplating making a mod like this! But gave up the thought when I couldn't figure out how to avoid allies attacking the UN units when the nationality was hidden. Don't know how u did it, but good work.

Now I was just strolling around DB looking for some units, and I see this mod!! And it is just what i wanted :crazyeye:

GREAT MOD :goodjob:

Keep it up

No, sorry, I can't code anything. I still think you should clean up the first post a bit. :goodjob:

Cleaned up!

Hilarious

I was lying in my bed last night contemplating making a mod like this! But gave up the thought when I couldn't figure out how to avoid allies attacking the UN units when the nationality was hidden. Don't know how u did it, but good work.

Now I was just strolling around DB looking for some units, and I see this mod!! And it is just what i wanted

GREAT MOD

Keep it up

You're welcome. Please check out my other work in my sig!

Im a bit of a noob

So how exactly can i install this? I've followed the instructions in your first post, but the units just turn out as pink blops. Is it because I'm combining it with another mod, or do I have to put some files in specific folders?

Im a bit of a noob

So how exactly can i install this? I've followed the instructions in your first post, but the units just turn out as pink blops. Is it because I'm combining it with another mod, or do I have to put some files in specific folders?

you need to make sure that all the files are put in the proper place, otherwise, it won't work. they were made as modular units, so ensure you have the proper path:

yourmodname/assets/modules/custom units/myunit

do the same for the building. don't move any of the dds, kf, or kfm files either. just put the folders where they need to go.

hope this helps.

otherwise, show me exactly what the path to a particular unit is. :goodjob:

It works :goodjob:

Thx a lot

np, man. if you need anything else, lemme know.

also, i've updated the model for the AC-130 Spectre Gunship I created (with Snafusmith's model). the newer model features various junk, which looks like actual guns from afar. you can't really zoom in close enough to see they're pieces here and there i borrowed from other units. being i lack 3ds max 7, i can't really make new stuff. however, i do what i can. however, the unit has been uploaded into the thread, so you can't find it.

but if there's enough of a clamor for guns on the thing, lemme know. i'll go put it up if wanted.

possible update coming soon. Kailric has looked into making the SG position control the UN units i made. this control will be exclusive to the SG, and any units made are effectively donated to the UN for bonus relation points with all members.

stay tuned for this long awaited release!

See post Below for most resent download

I have the first release of the dll for this mod ready for testing. Here are things to note:

• Only the SG can control UN units.
  • Only Members of the UN can "donate" UN units for a attitude boost to all other members, to a max of 5 points. Each donation last 10 turns (now that I think about it, it only last 9, but I'll fix that next update). After 10 turns you will lose one point of the "donation attitude" bonus, and every 10 turns afterwards, to a minimum of zero. Each unit your produce up to 5 resets the turn count down.
  • Once the SG changes hands... ownership of all the UN units is change to the new SG.

3 things are modable in the GlobalDefinesAlt XML file:

MAX_NUM_UN_DONATION_BONUS: this adjust the number of units you can donate for an attitude boost. Set at 5 on default.

NUM_UN_DONATION_RESET: this adjust the number of turns before you will lose a point of attitude bonus from donations. Set to 10 at default.

UN_UNIT_ONE, UN_UNIT_TWO, etc, etc, : this is where the classes of the UN units are store. The code checks these for matches for UN units. The max is 7 units at the moment and that can not be changed out side the SDK. However, you can change UN_UNIT_ONE to point to a different unit class.

Questions:
Should or should not the SG get bonuses to donation units to the UN which is basically himself?
After the 5 UN units are build should the player be able to build more UN units?

THINGS TO DO:
Make the AI use the new rules. They will decided if building a UN unit is a good idea for them or not.

Questions:
Should or should not the SG get bonuses to donation units to the UN which is basically himself?
After the 5 UN units are build should the player be able to build more UN units?

i'll throw in my 2 cents and say if you are the SG, then you should still get an attitude bonus.

also, once you've built your 5, you should not be able to build more. ideally, you would be able to build more once your donated units are destroyed. but how to keep track of that? maybe could set a limit to the number of units available based on how many members there are: something like 5 per member. so if the world has 10 civs, but only 5 of them have UN Missions, then it would only be 5 x 5 for 25 max units. say that number drops to 24, then anyone can make a replacement unit. however, max bonus is still in play, and so it's just that you have the unit highlighted in your city build screen. under this system, i could build 10 UN units of the 25 possible, but only get 5 points attitude bonus. once the global max is reached (again, based on the number of UN Missions), then no one can build any.

This sounds really cool, Kailric!

One question: Can you withdraw the units again, with a penalty? And I agree with surdanis on those two issues.

This sounds really cool, Kailric!

One question: Can you withdraw the units again, with a penalty? And I agree with surdanis on those two issues.

Well considering the Units are a gift to the SG I'd guess you would have to ask him if you want them back :)

If you are suggesting that there should be a way to remove the bonus to a CIVs attitude then that may be something to consider. Not sure how to go about it though.

I'll work on those changes you guys mentioned in the coming days and make another post when its done.

View attachment 177578 v 0.2 alpha

Here is the Second Release of the DLL changes for this mod. New things marked in italic and listed below.

• Only the SG can control UN units.
  • Only Members of the UN can "donate" UN units for a attitude boost to all other members, to a max of 5 points. Each donation last 10 turns. After 10 turns you will lose one point of the "donation attitude" bonus, and every 10 turns afterwards, to a minimum of zero. Each unit your produce up to 5 resets the turn count down.
  • Once the SG changes hands... ownership of all the UN units is changed to the new SG.
    [*]Once a Unit has been Commissioned for UN work, it will serve for 10 turns. After its term is up you will receive a notice and that unit will be removed from play.
    [*]Each Civ can only have 5 Commissioned units working for the UN at one time. Once a Unit is Decommissioned or destroyed in Combat the Player will be notified and you may create another Unit to replace it.
    [*]The Number of Commissioned Units in service is listed on the Diplomacy screen. Just move the Cursor over your Civs portrait and the info is displayed there.
    [*]To Build UN units there must be a SG in office and your allotted Commissioned UN units must not be maxed.

4 things are modable in the GlobalDefinesAlt XML file:

MAX_NUM_UN_DONATION_BONUS: this adjusts the number of units you can donate for an attitude boost. Set at 5 on default.

NUM_UN_DONATION_RESET: this adjust the number of turns before you will lose a point of attitude bonus from donations. Set to 10 at default.

UN_UNIT_ONE, UN_UNIT_TWO, etc, etc, : this is where the classes of the UN units are store. The code checks these for matches for UN units. The max is 7 units at the moment and that can not be changed out side the SDK. However, you can change UN_UNIT_ONE to point to a different unit class.

The list has been extended to support 10 total units. UN_UNIT_SEVEN, EIGHT, and NINE, and TEN can now be modded to add new UN units. Just changed the "NONE" listing with the Class of your new unit.

NUM_UN_DECOMMISSION_RESET This sets the number of turns a UN unit will serve the UN. After those turns are up the unit is decommissioned and the player is notified.

Questions:
How long should a UN unit serve before being Decommissioned, or should UN units even be Decommissioned?

BUGS and THINGS TO DO:
-Make the AI use the new rules. They will decided if building a UN unit is a good idea for them or not.

These are the errors i got.

I extracted the zipped file to this location.

C:/ .... BeyondTheSword-> Mods-> Varietas Delectat-> Assets-> Modules

So it looks like this now.

C:/ .... BeyondTheSword-> Mods-> Varietas Delectat-> Assets-> Modules-> UNForces

Also in the sevopedia, all the new units and new national wonder are just pink blobs :/

Can anyone post some suggestions please.

I'm really considering adding this to my new mod. I haven't tried it out yet but I had a couple of questions/suggestions.

Firstly; I really think it would be cool if the flag was the UN flag, but obviously this is probably difficult.

I was also wondering if there are any health (medical missions) or food (famine relief) missions these units could engage in. I notice while at war (or even not at war) the AI attacks your cities with spies, and I feel like if this were happening in the world it would be something the UN would at least be present to attempt to prevent.

Another question; say you actually deploy these units to stop a war for some reason, and you have them in a city along with that city's defenders. Who defends first? The defending civ or the UN soldiers?

Top Bottom