1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] V.D.R.N. ModPack (Beta Version)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Echo of Celts, Jan 29, 2008.

1. arstal

arstal Say No 2 Net Validations

I was hoping you'd get the Wolfshanze in there as well. Perhaps look at the first versions of the mod for the units, that's the important part. Ethnic flavor can be done later. (I'm probably different then most people, I think the charm of Wolfshanze is the filling in the gaps of units)

2. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

There's only three "non-XML" changes/issues with my mod...
    1) the inclusion of LtBob's Gamecore DLL file (which includes Bhruic's changes)
    2) the XML change of nuclear fallout (linked to LtBob's DLL)
    3) the use of 40-Civ Earth scenario maps (linked to LtBob's DLL)

If those three aren't important or cause problems, the other 99% of the Wolfshanze Mod is purely XML stuff... graphics, units, etc.

3. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

If you think the BUG mod changes too much, I have a very "BUG-lite" mod that's a seperate download from the Wolfshanze Mod... essentially, it just adds the smiley attitude emoticons to the main menu so you can see who likes you and doesn't at a glance... it's a small part of the BUG mod, but my favorite part, so I included that (as a seperate download) as an optional addition to the Wolfshanze Mod... it's easy to mix with other mods too.

4. arstal

arstal Say No 2 Net Validations

What about the new techs and change in unit name for Horse Archer to Horseman?

When I tried doing the same thing with some other mods, those things really messed me up.

5. Zuul

Zuul Mod lister!

Changed my mind and will add all new modpacks to the extended list :).

6. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

That's all pure XML changes... in some cases, multiple XML files, but still XML-only changes.

New techs? XML change.

Horse Archer to Horseman? XML change.

I can't vouch for modifying other mods and what/not... I only know what I have and haven't done in the Wolfshanze mod... and 99% of what I've done with it has been through XML changes.

7. mice

mice Moose

Echo , just a thought, you could have 2 versions ; one with no extra gameplay stuff ,and one with extra units and techs.

I'm itching to play this mod (at last DCM + BUG !!) but I'll wait for you to go to DCM 1.3 . , which is up BTW.

8. avain

avain (key)

Wow. If you've turned up a couple of weeks earlier, you would've saved me a lot of work:p
    But since I've already started a very similar mod ... it just seems that it'll be the same as with VD and Diversica;) - and I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. At least, I like modding very muchos :D

Keep up the cool work!!! :goodjob:

9. mamba

mamba Deity

Yep, we all are moving in similar directions I too was thinking about adding DCM and Lt. Bob (and maybe some other stuff), but have put that off until I move to WoC (heres to hoping they include that stuff, so I won't have to look into it ;) ).

10. Echo of Celts

Echo of Celts Just Plain Crazy

Hi all, I am in the process of moving, so I wont be able to continue work until Sunday at the earliest. I will release the next version with DCM 1.3 and Regiments ASAP and look at the other changes after that.

11. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

If I wanted to add a civ that was ONLY available to a Barbarian state, how would I do it?

To clarify, I understand how to modify the list of rebel types (in RebelTypes.py). What I want to do is add a civilization and restrict its use so that it cannot be selected for any player at game start-up and will only emerge in-game when a barbarian group settles down to become a civ.

12. söör

söör Chieftain

Hi!

It is not possible to fill a saved position.

13. Ever

Ever Chieftain

I really enjoy this mod, pretty much exactly the changes I was looking for.
    Might I give a couple of suggestions for mods that could be added?

I always thought the Icebreaker Mod was interesting, or some variant of it anyways. Namely the expanding ice caps and giving work boats the ability to break ice (in later eras I suppose).

I'm not sure if Nukes have been altered, but I always found them too weak. I'm sure there's some kind of mod around here that makes Nukes more powerful...

EDIT: Ehhh I'm having a problem I can't load saved games from this mod. That might be what söör was trying to say also.

14. zulu9812

Me too. Can't load any save games for this mod, be they regular saves or autosaves. I also had a crash (straight-to-desktop, no error messages).

EDIT: the crash has been happening consistently mid-way through the Renaissance period. Can't pin it down to a specific cause, though. It's a pain of a bug to track down because I can't load save games :)

15. Echo of Celts

well... it seems as though there are a few problems.

I will take a look into it asap but am currently in the middle of moving IRL. So I am devoting as much time to this as possible.

16. zulu9812

Interestingly, this post in the original Revolutions thread suggests that the crashing bug predates the BtS conversion.

Python problem, then?

17. BobTheTerrible

BobTheTerrible Just Another Bob

Revolutions had a little bit of trouble converting to bts, but jdog has since fixed that and it runs without crashes. As long as Echo of Celts was using the latest version, it shouldn't be the revolutions code by itself, there's probably a conflict somewhere.

18. zulu9812

Well, I hope that the conflict can be ironed out so that I can get back to playing this great mod.

19. Echo of Celts

Well, I have resorted to rebuilding the mod from the beginning (a knowingly stable build I have, NextWar + Revolutions), I am going to hold off on D.C.M. and add it slowly in. I believe the problems are resulting from the merge of D.C.M. and Revolutions. Since Quot Capita (sp?) provides a D.C.M. modpack, I will keep Revolutions as the base of this modpack.

Hopefully I will have a working build later tonight.

20. Echo of Celts

The Next Build is almost ready for personal testing.

It will include:

Revolutions
    JK Next War Mod
    Regiments
    VD
    Influence Driven War
    Lt.Bob Global Warming