[BTS] V.D.R.N. ModPack (Beta Version)

I was hoping you'd get the Wolfshanze in there as well. Perhaps look at the first versions of the mod for the units, that's the important part. Ethnic flavor can be done later. (I'm probably different then most people, I think the charm of Wolfshanze is the filling in the gaps of units)

There's only three "non-XML" changes/issues with my mod...
1) the inclusion of LtBob's Gamecore DLL file (which includes Bhruic's changes)
2) the XML change of nuclear fallout (linked to LtBob's DLL)
3) the use of 40-Civ Earth scenario maps (linked to LtBob's DLL)

If those three aren't important or cause problems, the other 99% of the Wolfshanze Mod is purely XML stuff... graphics, units, etc.

BUG - Taking Avain's advise I looked at this one again and am contemplating including it.
If you think the BUG mod changes too much, I have a very "BUG-lite" mod that's a seperate download from the Wolfshanze Mod... essentially, it just adds the smiley attitude emoticons to the main menu so you can see who likes you and doesn't at a glance... it's a small part of the BUG mod, but my favorite part, so I included that (as a seperate download) as an optional addition to the Wolfshanze Mod... it's easy to mix with other mods too.

There's only three "non-XML" changes/issues with my mod...
1) the inclusion of LtBob's Gamecore DLL file (which includes Bhruic's changes)
2) the XML change of nuclear fallout (linked to LtBob's DLL)
3) the use of 40-Civ Earth scenario maps (linked to LtBob's DLL)

If those three aren't important or cause problems, the other 99% of the Wolfshanze Mod is purely XML stuff... graphics, units, etc.

What about the new techs and change in unit name for Horse Archer to Horseman?

When I tried doing the same thing with some other mods, those things really messed me up.

Changed my mind and will add all new modpacks to the extended list :).

What about the new techs and change in unit name for Horse Archer to Horseman?
That's all pure XML changes... in some cases, multiple XML files, but still XML-only changes.

New techs? XML change.

Horse Archer to Horseman? XML change.

I can't vouch for modifying other mods and what/not... I only know what I have and haven't done in the Wolfshanze mod... and 99% of what I've done with it has been through XML changes.

Echo , just a thought, you could have 2 versions ; one with no extra gameplay stuff ,and one with extra units and techs.

I'm itching to play this mod (at last DCM + BUG !!) but I'll wait for you to go to DCM 1.3 . , which is up BTW.

Well, for the next version (which I hope will be out by Monday), we are including

Regiments - It is in currently and has undergone testing. Many Scale Tweaks have been made, but otherwise it functions great. Keep in mind this is simply the Regiments portion of that mod I was pointed to.

Dale's Combat Mod V1.3 - I here this will be out this weekend. So I will incorporate it ASAP once it is released.

BUG - Taking Avain's advise I looked at this one again and am contemplating including it.

I am also taking a look at influence driven war. The more I do with this stuff the more I learn, so I will be willing to incorporate more mods

One thing I did notice though... Regiments plus stack attack is quite the graphical show... I had a stack of about 15 Units go against one of similar size... very interesting. Might not be for weaker computers.

EDIT*

I have also decided now that in order to keep this an "Enhancement" on core gameplay as opposed to replacing core gameplay I will avoid mods that add new *many* new units (Some do have a place), New Techs (Once again, expceptions can be made) or other features that essentially make it a "different" game.

I feel the mods I have incorporated so far take the Core Gameplay and enhance upon it while remaining true to it. With Revolutions and Some Combat Changes being the greatest changes.

In saying that, Like I said above, the mods I am looking at adding are Regiments (already in my test version), BUG, and Influence driven war.

I am also looking at Civilization additions that hold true to the current Formula for Civs, (1 UU, 1 UB, ect).

Wow. If you've turned up a couple of weeks earlier, you would've saved me a lot of work:p
But since I've already started a very similar mod ... it just seems that it'll be the same as with VD and Diversica;) - and I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. At least, I like modding very muchos :D

Keep up the cool work!!! :goodjob:

Wow. If you've turned up a couple of weeks earlier, you would've saved me a lot of work:p
But since I've already started a very similar mod ... it just seems that it'll be the same as with VD and Diversica;) - and I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. At least, I like modding very muchos :D

Keep up the cool work!!! :goodjob:

Yep, we all are moving in similar directions I too was thinking about adding DCM and Lt. Bob (and maybe some other stuff), but have put that off until I move to WoC (heres to hoping they include that stuff, so I won't have to look into it ;) ).

Hi all, I am in the process of moving, so I wont be able to continue work until Sunday at the earliest. I will release the next version with DCM 1.3 and Regiments ASAP and look at the other changes after that.

If I wanted to add a civ that was ONLY available to a Barbarian state, how would I do it?

To clarify, I understand how to modify the list of rebel types (in RebelTypes.py). What I want to do is add a civilization and restrict its use so that it cannot be selected for any player at game start-up and will only emerge in-game when a barbarian group settles down to become a civ.

I really enjoy this mod, pretty much exactly the changes I was looking for.
Might I give a couple of suggestions for mods that could be added?

I always thought the Icebreaker Mod was interesting, or some variant of it anyways. Namely the expanding ice caps and giving work boats the ability to break ice (in later eras I suppose).

I'm not sure if Nukes have been altered, but I always found them too weak. I'm sure there's some kind of mod around here that makes Nukes more powerful...

EDIT: Ehhh I'm having a problem I can't load saved games from this mod. That might be what söör was trying to say also.

EDIT: Ehhh I'm having a problem I can't load saved games from this mod. That might be what söör was trying to say also.

Me too. Can't load any save games for this mod, be they regular saves or autosaves. I also had a crash (straight-to-desktop, no error messages).

EDIT: the crash has been happening consistently mid-way through the Renaissance period. Can't pin it down to a specific cause, though. It's a pain of a bug to track down because I can't load save games :)

well... it seems as though there are a few problems.

I will take a look into it asap but am currently in the middle of moving IRL. So I am devoting as much time to this as possible.

Interestingly, this post in the original Revolutions thread suggests that the crashing bug predates the BtS conversion.

Python problem, then?

Interestingly, this post in the original Revolutions thread suggests that the crashing bug predates the BtS conversion.

Python problem, then?

Revolutions had a little bit of trouble converting to bts, but jdog has since fixed that and it runs without crashes. As long as Echo of Celts was using the latest version, it shouldn't be the revolutions code by itself, there's probably a conflict somewhere.

Well, I have resorted to rebuilding the mod from the beginning (a knowingly stable build I have, NextWar + Revolutions), I am going to hold off on D.C.M. and add it slowly in. I believe the problems are resulting from the merge of D.C.M. and Revolutions. Since Quot Capita (sp?) provides a D.C.M. modpack, I will keep Revolutions as the base of this modpack.

Hopefully I will have a working build later tonight.

The Next Build is almost ready for personal testing.

It will include:

Revolutions
JK Next War Mod
Regiments
VD
Influence Driven War
Lt.Bob Global Warming

Top Bottom