BTS - with mod Realism:Invictus ver. 3.5 Screenshots from my game

TheBirdMan

Prince
RI classic age0000.JPG

Map 152*96 created with RI Planet Generator (the updated comming with ver. 3.5). This generator is used because it's the only one, that really can handle all terrain and ressources added to the game.

Player level "Noble".Started with "only 10 AI-rivals. Now I have 20 of which 2 are unknown to me right now. For a short time I had 21 rivals, but one is destroyed by another.

This mod is - as I have written it before - outstanding. A "must" for all dedicated CIV IV players. Try it.

I'll upload more screenshots as time goes by - comments and questions about my actual game are welcome.

One of the most important pages in ver 3.5 (if you hasn't deactivated this part). This is here you might get the first indication on, when you will get into serious trouble with your own population.

RI Revolution Tracker.0000.JPG

Some might wonder a little, why I still had 66 turns to get to Armor Crafting though I got 97 sci-points each turn (see 1st screenshot).

Reason is, that I hate seeing ships with steel-hull at year 1000, so I have given the cost to get some key-techs a heavy kick up. Fx are Armor Crafting, Clockwork, Stirrup, Theology, Theocracy 10 times more expensive than "normal", Guilds 20 times, Arquebus, Printing Press and Shipyards 30 times.....

I have also made some changes to the preferred religion for some leaders, but more about that later.

The special unit for Scandinavia (former berserk): Jomsviking
The Jomsviking0000.JPG

And the civics available.

The Civics0000.JPG

upload_2021-1-23_20-39-11.jpeg

upload_2021-1-23_20-40-27.jpeg

upload_2021-1-23_20-41-4.jpeg

Just a few of the more-or-less polite diplomatic messages you get in the newest RI mod release........

Since the version of BtS I play is so different from the "normal one" most of you play and write about, I have decided not to add screenshots from my games into running threads.

But here are 2, showing that animals certainly attack across rivers.

HiResScreenShot0008.jpg
HiResScreenShot0009.jpg

Chinese Soviet Republic(!)........

Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG

Ruler: Sun Yat-Sen (no. 4 on below screenshot) - leader of the world right now.

Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG

One of my Indian Scouts in action:

Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG

Unfortunately I didn't get the screenshot when he fought the longbows.

Already with drill II, he win most combats against any bowmen. With drill IV he is almost certain to win all. Perfect unit to choose as Great General.

So in 1770 you're fighting Trebs ? Maybe you overdid it a bit in adding tech costs :)

I find the mod at its best when fighting "conventional war" that is fighting opponents with more or less equal tech level...

That is only part of "who's getting the weakest first".

I can assure you, that Southern China, France, Scandinavia and Guatemala (Argentine) are doing just the same.......cleaning the map. Specially if any cities goes "barbarians" due to revolutions we "the biggest" all tries to get first.

But a little "bonus-info" just for you, who is playing the RI-mod too.

I have made quite a lot of personal changes to nearly every part of the mod (timeline, leaders, winning condition, revolutions (python file), terraintiles - actually every file in the terrain folder....... including the improvementfile. But none of those are made in favour of the human (that is I - I hope).

One of the biggest terrainchanges I did make is: Fresh water/rivers is so important, that even the AI doesn't build (many) cities in waste areas of plains/tundra/deserts. Even grassland isn¨t very important if there isn't a river or lake nearby. To do this, I have to use "handmade" maps.

Here is the actual tech-status:

Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG

And here you can see, who much we (the strongest) loves each others. I can assure you, that will change soon when we have no more weaks to take.....

Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG

You play a huge map compared to what I'm used to...

some civs are bound to be left backwards, it must be costly to upgrade all those units.

Good thread, be back later :thumbsup:

Its 192*120 tiles with about 40% land on it (35-40%, I'm not sure of the exact percentage)..

Climate "dratics" to get lattitude 0-90. With "normal" climate you only get lattitudes 0 to 62. With "hard" its 0 to 79.

I need to keep the savegame-file below 4-4,2MB to keep the game playable. With many active nations (11 and above including the rebel-nations) - I'm limited to about 150 cities, with fewer nations (below 9-10), the limit will proberly be about 180 cities.

Peace is over.....

Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG

And the first battle:

Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG

I lost!

Sun Yat Sen... implies united post imperial China that didn't have civil wars for 40 something years and war with Japan for half of that. Yea, minions "without numbers" sounds plausible.

1st city lost. Guess I'll be in trouble unless I get control over the sea.

Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG

And here we have the flamethrower:

Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG

Top Bottom