• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS-WoC] World of Civilization - Modding Standard

Thanks Rocky... always look forward to the modules. I'll be glad when everything is all in one installer though!

Nice!

I have a small sugestion here, to make things easier for players. There at the spoilers sections, where we can download everything already released, you could put the release date right beside the links.

As modules are released, it would be easy to keep track of what we have and haven't downloaded.

Anyway, WoC is really nice, thank you guys.

And now a small problem...

I stalled all modules, one by one, right after being released. And today, after installing some modules (3rd units, 3rd civs, 2nd and 3rd interface, 3rd world wonders, 3rd buildings), something odd happened. Some icons in the game disappeared. This includes health and happiness. Both inside cities and outside, when reading info about resources on the map...

Will try to isolate the problem, removing each module one at a time

I keep getting this error that says "Failed loading XML file Modules\buildings\unique\3rd\mlf_civ4modularloadingcontrols.xml"

In WoC\Assets\Modules\Buildings\Unique open up the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml with notepad or a xml editor. I use a free xml editor called XML Marker. Find this,

Code:
<Module>
	<Directory>3rd</Directory>
	<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>

Make sure the <bLoad is set to 1 not 0. Let me know if that is the issue.

Well, it turned out to be quicker than I expected. 2 problems.

1 - The third civilization pack has a problem. It gives the following error (but the game loads, I guess this is related to civ specific buildings):

Failed Loading XML file modules\Buildings\Unique\3rd\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml

2 - The 3rd resources module makes all health and happiness simbols disappear. Both inside and outside cities...

I hope this helps you guys. I don't know how to mod, but testing is something I can do... :)

Mine are set to 1 and I still get the error.

I think I've found another small problem.

Later in the game, uranium is revealed (I think by phisics, right?).

Then I build mines at the uranium spots (I even had a city where a uranium resource appeared). The production and gold bonuses are properly given... But I then tried to upgrade my frigates to destroyers... And it keeps telling me I need either uranium or oil. I went inside the cities and none of them had uranium displayed as a present resource (there at the upper right corner of the city interface). A little later, with combustion, I built some wells and was able to upgrade the frigates, now using oil.

I played some more turns, got further in the tech tree, but uranium still doesn't show up as a present resource in any of my cities... So I guess something is wrong.

I'm using all modules released (at the begining of this post), except for the interface 1 (can't download it, don't know why), resources 3 (because of the problem mentioned in the previous posts) and civs 3 (the same reason)

I don't know how to isolate this, because if I uninstall modules, my save game won't load (tried before in another game), and this is far too advanced to keep playing a game after installing each module (the way I isolated the resource 3 problem...). So I guess it's up to you guys to find out what is wrong...

I hope this helps...

this is not a WOC problem in BTS proper physics reveals urainium but you need fission to use it

Top Bottom