BTW -Canadian Civ- Leader traits and UU/UB

How about:

Universal Health Care Clinic Public Hospital: replaces hospital, +3 happiness
Corps Infantry: replaces infantry, -50% promotions +50% experience

Edit: Oh, and Sir John A. MacDonald Wilfred Laurier (Creative, Expansive) as leader.

Why would would waiting months to get health care make people happy?

UU should be a Canoe...replaces the Aircraft carrier. +2 movement range and cant attack worth a damn.

UB should be an Ice Fishing hut....replaces Granary. +2 Health from having more than 5 canoes.

Why would would waiting months to get health care make people happy?

We don't have free health care because it's a stupid idea nobody likes buddy - people still appreciate it despite its short-comings and it's fairly recognized around the world as a top health care system so a public hospital sounds like a great UB to me. Or did you have some better ideas? I think it's slightly more fitting than a hockey rink or "Tim Hortons".

Also, RCMP seems too cliché for Canada and its not really a military unit (hence the police title), it would be like having an FBI UU for the American Empire - or "Robocop" for that matter. A Corps infantry UU sounds better for a "true" Canadian Empire for CIV (which we can't really expect to "officially" be in BTS or any expansion to the game, I admit).

We don't have free health care because it's a stupid idea nobody likes buddy - people still appreciate it despite its short-comings and it's fairly recognized around the world as a top health care system so a public hospital sounds like a great UB to me. Or did you have some better ideas? I think it's slightly more fitting than a hockey rink or "Tim Hortons".

Wow touchy.:eek: Wasn't meaning to offend was just a little joke. Most of the canadians I know don't like your health care system (small sample size and clearly anecdotal evidence I know and a biased sample because they spend a lot of time in the states). In fact they prefer the American system. Obviously there is no perfect health care system but it isn't like Canada is the only country with socialized medicine (so I don't know that it would be such a great UB). The US has the best health care system IF you can afford it. I'm not going to argue that Canada isn't one of the leading health care systems. Is it number 1? That would probably depend on how you rank health care systems which would obviously be subjective but even if you value socialization many other countries have that, but I can't say who does it best.

I didn't suggest a UB for Canada because I don't know that much about your country (never heard of Tim Horton's before) and I don't really think it will be a new civ (I don't really care that much either way just doesn't seem like it has enough of a unique impact on the world yet to merit inclusion over some other civs - nothing against them I know it is a nice country and has an international presence).

Top Bottom