[NEWCIV] Bincmal - A very simple, basic beginner's Mod (no original artwork) that "combines" Incans, Malinese, and Byzantines into one Civ

R82

Chieftain
This is the first time I post one of my fairly simple mods. It's simply a combination of my favorite Leader traits, UU, UB, and starting techs. These are mainly from the Incans, Malinese, and Byzantines, so I called the new Civ "Bincmal".

The leader, who is named "Imab" as an unoriginal acronym, has Huayna Capac's FIN/IND combo. FIN probably needs no explanation. IND might be more controversial, but right now, I'm simply a lot into certain wonders.

The UU is the Skirmisher. Perhaps not a popular choice, but I actually prefer them to Quechuas. A Skirmisher stands a decent chance against a Spearman, or even a Dog Warrior, which a Quechua doesn't. They are simply useful early defenders if I can't get copper or iron connected fast enough for the initial Barb attacks.

The UB is the Hippodrome for its nice added happiness.

The general look-and-feel is copied from Mali. Even Leader Imab, despite having Huayna Capac's traits, has Mansa Musa's leaderhead. That's mainly to keep his looks from clashing with the Skirmisher.

The city name list alternates the three civs' city names in the order Mali-Inca-Byzantium.

Since Mali, the Incans, and Byzantium ended up as "elements" of Bincmal, these Civs themselves have been removed.

If I didn't mess up anything, it should work if you unzip the folder in the zip file into your BtS mod folder.

Since this is the first Mod I post, I apologize if I've violated any part of the modiquette. I tried to comply with everything, but I might not know everything yet.

What I actually use for playing is a merger of the BUFFY Mod (version 3.19.005) and this Mod. I could post that, too, but I'm not sure to whom I'd have to give credit then, or where I could find a list of all the people to whom I'd have to give credit then.

Attachments

• Bincmal.zip
    435.3 KB · Views: 17
Go creative and have a civ description:

The Bincmal civilization was a powerful and advanced culture that flourished in ancient times. They were known for their art, architecture, and mythology.

The Bincmal people lived in a large city located on a large mountain range. This mountain range was thought to be sacred to the people and was the source of many of their religious practices. The city was built in a circular shape, surrounded by high walls. The city was filled with temples, palaces, and public places.

The Bincmal people were known for their advanced technology. They had a system of writing, a complex system of mathematics, and a sophisticated system of irrigation. They also had a great understanding of astronomy and astrology.

The Bincmal culture was highly advanced and flourished until it mysteriously disappeared. It is believed that a great natural disaster destroyed the city and led to the decline of the civilization.

Many years later, the ruins of the city were discovered and studied. Archaeologists were able to uncover many artifacts that told the story of the Bincmal people. Through their artifacts, researchers were able to understand their culture and history.

Today, the Bincmal civilization is remembered for its advanced technology and rich culture. It is a reminder of the greatness of the ancient world and the potential of human achievement.

This was written by
IMG_20230617_090651.jpg

You can add more details how to customize your text. I have quite some fun with ai generated stuff nowadays 🙂

Thank you for those suggestions! I'm afraid I'm not really taking this Civ seriously enough for that myself, though. It's just something I put together quickly.

Top Bottom