1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Buddism in my Jewish Empire!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Rellin, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Ruffin

Ruffin Warlord

Depends. Until their recent revival the Druids were toast for a thousand years (and I still haven't seen a wicker man recently). No one's sacrificed to Jupiter in quite a while. Zoroasterism is rare. And the Spanish Inquisition did a fair job at what it was originally designed to do - root out secret Muslims in post-Reconquista Spain.

If there were penalties for multiple religions - perhaps just under certain civics, like Theology - then an Inquistion would be appropriate. They have slavery and the practical equivilant of fascism, why not the Inquisition?

The trick would probably be that you couldn't call it a wonder. Maybe a Great Prophet could conduct an Inquisition in a city and rid it of all but the state religion? It'd give us something to do with them if nothing else.

2. Si_Lurker

Si_Lurker Warlord

Well, in Colonization you could have missionary enter Indian village and proclaim rival missionary a heathen and replace him.

Perhaps under theocracy missionaries could act as inquisitors and also evict nonstate religions, of course you'd need one per religion and you could choose which one to evict from city.

3. NerfSmuggler

NerfSmuggler Chieftain

I was experimenting to see if I could hoard all the religions (warlord and get the relig techs all first) and what the IA response would be -- I noticed that religions I found will spread to other civs even if I don't build the special building or even a temple, much less send missionaries.

-Nerf Smuggler