Buenos Aires Suzerain bonus Question

NicTeos

Warlord
hi,

I'm the suzerain of Buenos Aires, and the Bonus should be, that Bonus ressources acts like Luxury goods. But I didn't notice a change after I have been suzerain. And I'm not able, or don't know how to tell if it effects something.
In the city detail, when I look luxus ressources I can't see, which ressources are used.
.... would really need this bonus

Version [1.0.0.341]
I'm using Better Reports (and a few other UI mods).
In the City report screen, I tally all the amenities my cities are getting. Total = 48.
In the Resources report screen I have 10 luxuries = 40 amenities from luxuries. (I trade a lot.)
In that same screen, I have 8 bonus resources. Buenos Aires makes that 8 amenities.

Note that Buenos Aires does NOT make bonus resources equivalent to luxuries.
"... behave like Luxury resources" only means they provide amenities, in this case 1 "per type"
I'd agree the wording could be more helpful.

I am slightly puzzled as to why I don't have 49 amenities, as the palace gives one
I do not have any entertainment districts (yet), and am not running any policies like Retainers.

If I open the city screen, city details (leftmost button), "Citizens, Amenities, and Housing" (again leftmost button),
then add up the amenities I see (using the arrow key to page thru my cities),
I get 48 amenities, 1 from the palace, 47 from luxuries.

The luxury resources I have are: citrus, dye, fur, pearls, salt, spices, tea, whales, amber, olives.
The bonus resources I have are: banana, cattle, deer, fish, rice, sheep, stone, wheat.

So there still is a bug, as I believe I ought to have one more amenity.
Just to be sure tea wasn't giving just 3 amenities, I traded my last one away, and total amenities dropped by 4.

==> My guess is that one of the bonus resources isn't being counted by Buenos Aires. <=

Saved game available upon request.

hi,

I'm the suzerain of Buenos Aires, and the Bonus should be, that Bonus ressources acts like Luxury goods. But I didn't notice a change after I have been suzerain. And I'm not able, or don't know how to tell if it effects something.
In the city detail, when I look luxus ressources I can't see, which ressources are used.
.... would really need this bonus

Have you made a improvement on all of your bonus resources?

I did a careful check to make sure. Well, that's interesting. Better Reports lists Deer as one of my bonus resources. But the only Deer I'm "getting" COMES from Buenos Aires (and yes there's a camp on it). So I suppose Buenos Aires gives me amenities based on my bonus resources first, before giving me ownership of it's Deer. I wonder what would happen with bonus resources from other city states (I'm not sovereign of any others in this game), whether Buenos Aires would count them or not, and whether it would depend on which order City States are checked. The simplest implementation would be not to count bonus resources from city states. But then, what's the point of city states giving ownership of bonus resources?

P.S. Yes, all the other seven bonus resources are improved in my territory.

Top Bottom