1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFY Mod released!

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by ainwood, Jul 25, 2009.

1. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

The BUFFY mod is a collaboration between the BUG (Beyond the Sword Unaltered Gameplay) and HOF (Hall Of Fame) teams (with a bit of input from the Game Of The Month team) to deliver a combined mod that has the best of both mods included. They've been working on it for some time, and it's now ready for release. Here is their press release:

2. ecc

ecc Chieftain

Definitely not word smiths, that part you have right. But you're a great team of programmers. But, at what point will BUG + BAT + BULL + BUFFY be combined into 1 easy to install package with the choice of BBAI? Once that is done, you can spend a little time inventing a good word from the master word-smiths in the forums(BUGUAUFFYI BAUGHAFFY BAHHUMBUG) and than retire the old packages . :)

3. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

BUFFY includes BUG and BULL and some HOF required code. We did discuss throwing in BAT but that would swell the d/l dramatically (IIRC, from 17mb to over 200mb). As such, we decided against that.

It is my understanding that BBAI will be optionally folded into BULL at some stage.

4. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

Seems the game can practically play itself now.

5. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

So will games with this mod be eligible for HoF?

6. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

Is there a vampire slayer unit?

7. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Yes; as far as I know.

8. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Yes, games using BUFFY are eligible for the HOF as long as they are within the rules.

9. WRobN

WRobN Chieftain

Im trying to merge BUFFY with the NEXT WAR Mod and the World Size and Speed mod.

Al seems to go well but the games arent HOF compatible offcourse.

Is there a easy way to disable HOF so the warning message (This game is not compatible...) doesnt pop up anymore?

10. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

It might be easier to merge with BAT/BULL, rather than BUFFY. If you post something in the BUG Forum, I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction.

11. WRobN

WRobN Chieftain

I know but i already merged it....
    I guess theres no easy way then to do this?

12. vanatteveldt

vanatteveldt Chieftain

I would like to use BUFFY in my linux+wine civ4 install, but it refuses to run the .exe. Is is possible to install BUFFY by manually copying the assets, dll etc?