Bug Doesn't Work

Chairo Hisui

Chieftain
Hi, I didn't know where to post this, but this place sounds about right.

I downloaded and tried to install BUG and it appears to work. But when I start a game it automatically starts the tech adviser, which is empty, and when I click on units there is no tool bar at the bottom. This means that I can't settle my settler! So what's wrong? I used winRAR to open the files.

Does it have to do with the BAT mod? Because I tried to put them together, and it doesn't seem to be causing any problems... except this one. Basically what I did was put the BUG mod you get with the BAT mod into my mod folder, put the assets from the BAT mod into the BUG mod folder and start it up.

You can't put BUG/BAT in a mod folder without changes. That can't work. You will have to rework the ini and some BUG files to search for the renamed ini. :rolleyes:

I'm writing this from my comp sci class, so I can't test this, but I know that I can't use the installer, because... erm... I dunno where the installer is:rolleyes:

I used winRAR to download the mods into a folder and then I just added the mods together. So from what I gather I should only download BAT and set them into the right folders... and if I got it right I put BAT into my Mod Folder and ignore the BUG that comes with it... or maybe that's not right...

Ahh, I used the installer, it was good! I installed 3.13 (the one I have) but for some reason... it doesn't work! I previously installed the Blue(something) Mod that made the world look more realistic. Maybe that's what's wrong?

Now my problem isn't that the menu on the bottom doesn't appear, it's just... not different. It looks nothing like the screenshots I've seen and everything seems to be pretty much the same. Should I uninstall, then reinstall the game, then go through the whole shpeel again/

Oh Help me Great Civ Modding Gods and Goddesses! I want to play Civ with fancy screens and whatnot!

I still think that the installer can't help you if you play in a custom mod folder. :rolleyes: Because if you play in ...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\*Idon'tknow*\ the game gets it's info from *Idon'tknow*.ini. But BUG only works if it can get its information from BUG.ini in a mod folder called BUG or if it's in the default folders of the game - like My Games.

As it seems to me you have no custom ini so you can use the BUG.ini. Rename the BUG.ini into *Idon'tknow*.ini. Folder and ini must called the same. Now change modName in CvModName.py into *Idon'tknow*. Maybe that's all what was needed. Can't remember... Sorry.

If that's not all you will have to open the BUG files an search for BUG Mod.ini or perhaps only BUG Mod and change it into *Idon'tknow*/*Idon'tknow*.ini. If you do it right it works. I know it because I've done it. ;)

I'm a little confused by the thread here. Are you trying to merge BUG or BAT with some other mod? If so, this will require some Python work. What mod are you trying to merge it with?

Top Bottom