BUG: Friendly alien nest doesn't produce xenomass

jokii

Chieftain
After you get the alien nest inside your borders and aliens become friendly-blue you don't get xenomass from this first tile on which the nest is.

? How is this a bug? Tiles with nests cant be improved so you cant possibly get resources from them in the first place, unless you are supposed to get xenomass from friendly nests?

Thanks, I don't have to post this bug now.

Can confirm: First alien nest does not provide xenomass while later acquired friendly Alien Nests do provide xenomass. So you have to wipe out your buddy aliens on the first nest :(

Though they still don't provide food. I suppose you aren't supposed to eat your buddy graboids. I think an alien nest should probably be balanced to give +1 xenomass to compensate a bit for the lack of +3 food which is pretty significant.

I am pretty sure the cause of this is a lack of a check in game for existing improvements in your territory to provide their strategic resource when you get the appropriate tech. I have had this happen (like many others) and I have had it happen with geothermal from a city I conquered that I later learned the tech for.

I have a save showing a alien nest with blue graboids inside my territory while I have harmony 9 giving no Xenomass if that will help. You can see there is an Alien Nest inside my territory 3 hexes directly south of my city "Pembala", that I have Harmony Affinity 9, and that the aliens are blue.

The Alien Next is providing no Xenomass.

Note that I am showing 11 Xenomass total but if you check you will see that I should have 19. 4 from Harmony affinity, 7 from other Xenomass resources, and 8 from the Alien Next. But the 8 from the alien next is not present. If I bulldoze the nest and build a xeno well it shows up normally.

Attachments

• Alien Nest.CivBESave
    919.6 KB · Views: 144
Also, if I expand my territory to cover other alien nests those will provide Xenomass, so I think Promethian is right and the game isn't checking for existing improvements when you gain the appropriate tech or affinity for this sort of thing.

So, would a solution be to destroy the nests and wait for them to grow back? Anyone know how long that takes on normal?

Same thing happening to me. And no, I don't think nests can grow back within your cultural borders.

They can, I just tried it, and you then get the xenomass! :)
Stupidly, I forgot to count how many turns it took, at a guess I'm thinking around 60. It took far longer to grow back than it took for the aliens to turn blue (although I did have five nests in my borders, so maybe they turned blue fast). Anyway, awesome! I'm demolishing another now - when it grows back I'll have a single city producing 27 xenomass (and, in my head, being a place where humans and aliens live together in peace and love)! :D

If you are taking down nests just replace them with wells. The well is worth 3 food which the nest doesn't give. As long as you have one nest in your territory you will maintain blue status.

They can, I just tried it, and you then get the xenomass! :)
Stupidly, I forgot to count how many turns it took, at a guess I'm thinking around 60. It took far longer to grow back than it took for the aliens to turn blue (although I did have five nests in my borders, so maybe they turned blue fast). Anyway, awesome! I'm demolishing another now - when it grows back I'll have a single city producing 27 xenomass (and, in my head, being a place where humans and aliens live together in peace and love)! :D

You, sir, have just made my day. Thank you. :goodjob:

If you are taking down nests just replace them with wells. The well is worth 3 food which the nest doesn't give. As long as you have one nest in your territory you will maintain blue status.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect you to get it <points at your profile picture>

Would be nice if the nests produced culture/science (could be a quest decision). Mod idea there.

Wait until you've went to all that trouble to have the xenomass and friendly aliens, then a friendly sea dragon shows up by the shore and blockades your coastal tiles with that lovely algae and coral...

Wait until you've went to all that trouble to have the xenomass and friendly aliens, then a friendly sea dragon shows up by the shore and blockades your coastal tiles with that lovely algae and coral...

He doesn't mean to!

Ooh - maybe to make up for the lost food, any alien units you produce get a buff for each test in your territory? That would be good.

To make up for the lost yield you get aliens that dont attack you. In my experience, nests acquired before becoming friendly do not provide xenomass. It's possible the event not being checked is the acquisition of the tech to improve xenowells though.

Top Bottom