BUG merge and diplomacy bug

phungus420

Deity
WolfRevolution is a merge of Wolfshanze and RevDCM, it has always been entirely stable. This recent RevDCM build incorporated BUG 3.5, and has created a bug with diplomacy. Everything seems to work fine, however when a Civ makes a demand, if you click on one of the options, nothing happens. Like I said previously to the 3.0 to 3.5 change there have been no problems, and I am nearly certain this particular issue is caused by BUG 3.5. The bug is described here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=292578&page=11

Why is the game not responding when a diplomacy option is picked? Where is this controlled (I'm assuming it's a python file somewhere), and how can I fix it?

Any idea what python file could be producing this? If I knew where to look I might be able to figure it out.

We added the ability to log when certain diplomatic events occur via Autolog. Some are also used by BUG for other features. Are you seeing a Python exception in PythonErr.log? That would help a ton. We've fixed a couple bugs recently, so you could grab the latest version of Python/BUG/DiplomacyUtil.py from our SVN and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunetaly I haven't been able to reproduce this bug either. I've had a couple users report it though, so I assume it is real. It just bothers me that a mod I'm releasing has a critical, game breaking bug. But since I can't reproduce it, I can't get any error logs or anything like that. I've tried the SVN release, and the two people that reported this bug, said it actually made things worse (destroyed all diplo options). Anyway if anything comes up that's relevant I'll be back asking for help, for now I just hope this problem fixes itself in the next release.

It just bothers me that a mod I'm releasing has a critical, game breaking bug.

Believe me, as a professional coder, I understand completely. I strive to make BUG as stable as possible and work diligently to stomp out all bugs. As you said, however, it's hard without a reproducible test case or even an error log. :(

I've tried the SVN release, and the two people that reported this bug, said it actually made things worse (destroyed all diplo options).

Did you try just the file I said or the whole SVN? If the former, it's probably because there are related files that were changed, and I don't have the time now to track down exactly which ones those are. You can use the SVN browser on our SF.net site to see what other files were changed along with DiplomacyUtil.py.

The other option, if you know a little bit of Python, is to edit DiplomacyUtil.py to keep it from firing events at all. There should be one or two main functions that get called from CvDiplomacy.py (IIRC) for dispatching events. Just make them return from the top of the functions.

Top Bottom