BUG mod.

Mozzington

Prince
Hi,

Sorry to have to ask but I can't locate the thread. Would somnebody be kind enough to direct me to the download for BUG mod please.

Had a new PC for 5 but just installed 4 again and can't find this now for some reason? Sure it must just be my eyes though! :scan:

Thanks vandermerwe. I must have missed something but I have installed it and it clearly isn't active in game. Installed it to my civ 4 directory in documents, my games etc but nothing. Read installation instructions but they not particularly helpful either. Any advice?

First, don't install mods to my games. Install it in the main mod folder in the BTS root. At least, do that for stand alone mods.

However, it is actually better to install bug in Custom Assets by using the "single player" option. This installs the mod similar to how you install Blue Marble, that is, it resides in custom assets and is basically "just there" whenever you load up BTS. You don't have to actually load a mod. I also recommend getting BULL as well.

You can still install BUG/BULL as stand alone as well, which is needed for multi if you play that.

Other notes:

1) Make sure BTS is patched up to 3.19

2) When running any executable for Civ use the "run as adiministrator" option in the right click context menu.

edit: Use the EXE file, not the zip. It is simpler. The instructions in the link above are junk

Cheers lymond, that worked a treat thank you. Think I must have chosen to install with ALT ROOT by mistake.

Not heard of BULL, what does that offer?

Don't use BM. Tbh I prefer the look of how it is standard.

I can almost get my CIV4 fix. It's strange because when I play 5 all I want to do is go back to 4 and when I play 4 I want 5!

I can almost get my CIV4 fix. It's strange because when I play 5 all I want to do is go back to 4 and when I play 4 I want 5!

I understand all but the bolded part. I only play the V GOTMs as it is the only way I can be interested in the game by having a fixed goal. Otherwise I think it's pretty bad. IV I never tire of.

BULL is a custom DLL and enhancement to BUG. It provides additional details an options to improve the interfaces and such. You can find it in the BUG forum which I will link below:
BUG Forum

Check the Download BUG and BAT thread for links

BULL is easy to install in Custom Assets. However, note that the DLL, which you place in the regular Assets, is different from vanilla. Simply rename the vanilla version so that you can use it when you run other mods, if you do. The BULL instructions are very clear on this matter.

I can't play without Blue Marble. It makes the game look so much better, especially the water which looks so unnatural in vanilla. Plus, I like changing the interface colors. IMO it's one of the best nonintrusive mods to the game, next to BUG.

Top Bottom