Bug Report

@ kroz

Its aknown bug. We did split unit.xml into melee.xml gunpowder.xml archery.xml etc. and the game does not seem to understand this well in Main Menu.

Start a game, chose random civ and smallest map to make game load faster. Ingame go to civopedia and it should be fixed. All units shown, no crash (with possible CTD with steampower, greenmod component, dont hover mouse over steampower tech screen much).

Hello, I'm new to TR so apologies if this is a known issue. Installed TR version 2.1 for Warlords, and new 2.1.1a patch. Game loads properly to the menu, but if I start a game after the world loads I briefly see my settler, then immediatly I get a message that I have been defeated and the end of game sequence starts.

Thanks for any help! Looks like a great mod, hoping to fix this issue so I can try it.

Hello, I'm new to TR so apologies if this is a known issue. Installed TR version 2.1 for Warlords, and new 2.1.1a patch. Game loads properly to the menu, but if I start a game after the world loads I briefly see my settler, then immediatly I get a message that I have been defeated and the end of game sequence starts.

Thanks for any help! Looks like a great mod, hoping to fix this issue so I can try it.

Install without mercenary component.

Hi there, sorry if this has already been answered but a search turned up nothing: when I startup a game and move a unit, it completely disappears! Is there something I'm missing?

I've installed TR warlords gold without the merc component, and the patch, along with TR for vanilla CIV4.

Hi there, sorry if this has already been answered but a search turned up nothing: when I startup a game and move a unit, it completely disappears! Is there something I'm missing?

I've installed TR warlords gold without the merc component, and the patch, along with TR for vanilla CIV4.

first time i hear this - can you upload saved game (just before this unit move?)

Alright, here you go.

Attachments

• Administrator BC-4000.CivWarlordsSave
    85 KB · Views: 60
for some reason i get a ctd going from turn 540 to 541
here are two different saves
from turn 540
had NO problem at all until this point

Hi there,

I'm a great fan of this mod,
but there are two things that happened to me and they are annoying.

The first is, I'm playing Earth map as Egypt and founded Islam.
Babylon got the Holy City and 2 turns later I got a great prophet, whereby I build a shrine there. (and build some Imams and spread Islam around.)
But my elected religion was zoroastrism (is this right?) and so I lost after a huge amount of turns the Holy City, also the shrine was lost (There is no more shrine in the building list of the town, also no more money boost .. ).
Some turns later a new islamic Holy City was set in Mekka, a town of my empire. Some turns later I got a great prophet again :) and tried to rebuild my shrine, but it wasn't possible, because the icon in the command does not exist.. :/
Why I can't build a new shrine?
Losing and Gaining of (new) Holy Citys seems senseless to me, without rebuilding the shrines.

The second thing seems to be a genereal localization problem.
As I use the german version of the game (both vanilla and Warlords) and always activated score display in the right bottom corner, I can't see any scores listet, without the score of dead civilizations. If I change the game language to english, the score display will be showed correct. I have this problem only with modifications.
But as I want to play in german, it's frustrating, because the score display is a very useful overview.

That's all negative what I had to say.
I hope you get It fixed, thanks !
(Don't know if these bugs was already known)
Guys, this mod is great!

Thanks and greetings,
Zladimir

Hi there,

I'm a great fan of this mod,
but there are two things that happened to me and they are annoying.

The first is, I'm playing Earth map as Egypt and founded Islam.
Babylon got the Holy City and 2 turns later I got a great prophet, whereby I build a shrine there. (and build some Imams and spread Islam around.)
But my elected religion was zoroastrism (is this right?) and so I lost after a huge amount of turns the Holy City, also the shrine was lost (There is no more shrine in the building list of the town, also no more money boost .. ).
Some turns later a new islamic Holy City was set in Mekka, a town of my empire. Some turns later I got a great prophet again :) and tried to rebuild my shrine, but it wasn't possible, because the icon in the command does not exist.. :/
Why I can't build a new shrine?
Losing and Gaining of (new) Holy Citys seems senseless to me, without rebuilding the shrines.

The second thing seems to be a genereal localization problem.
As I use the german version of the game (both vanilla and Warlords) and always activated score display in the right bottom corner, I can't see any scores listet, without the score of dead civilizations. If I change the game language to english, the score display will be showed correct. I have this problem only with modifications.
But as I want to play in german, it's frustrating, because the score display is a very useful overview.

That's all negative what I had to say.
I hope you get It fixed, thanks !
(Don't know if these bugs was already known)
Guys, this mod is great!

Thanks and greetings,
Zladimir

regarding holy city:
because shrine is counted as wonder, after "destroying" them, there is no possible to rebuild shrine (also remember, that after 75 turns holy city disappear again)
removing holy city for non-supported religion (mean: non-state) is made as prevention for player to get so much money from religion even if he is not "support" them. only in Free-religion civic you can have more holy cities

localization:
known bug in this score list, thank you for reminder this....

regarding holy city:
because shrine is counted as wonder, after "destroying" them, there is no possible to rebuild shrine (also remember, that after 75 turns holy city disappear again)
removing holy city for non-supported religion (mean: non-state) is made as prevention for player to get so much money from religion even if he is not "support" them. only in Free-religion civic you can have more holy cities

Hm, is there a way to change it?
I mean, it would be nice to rebuild shrines.

As for the localization bug, I found a fix, that worked for me.
I simple have deleted all following entries in *.CivWarlordsWBSave
LeaderName=
CivDesc=
CivShortDesc=
CivAdjective=

I don't know if it will do so for the rest, but again, for me it worked.

Yes, this was a forgotten feature. You should be able to re-built shrines. This will be fixed in next release. Thanks for reporting it.

Regarding localization: Spiel es doch in Englisch! ;-) Wir werden mal sehen was sich machen laesst bzw, was dies verursacht...

As for the localization bug, I found a fix, that worked for me.
I simple have deleted all following entries in *.CivWarlordsWBSave
LeaderName=
CivDesc=
CivShortDesc=
CivAdjective=

I don't know if it will do so for the rest, but again, for me it worked.

shrines: in 2.2, shrines can be rebuild
score list: can you post your saved game with bad score list? i made some modification to code and now i need to test this....

Houman said:
Regarding localization: Spiel es doch in Englisch! ;-) Wir werden mal sehen was sich machen laesst bzw, was dies verursacht...

Hehe,
naja, weisst du.. Wenn schon die Hälfte der Spiele die man hat auf englisch sind, dann ist man glücklich, wenn man mal auch was deutschsprachiges spielen kann. :)

Mexico said:
score list: can you post your saved game with bad score list? i made some modification to code and now i need to test this....

Of course,
here's the link.
They should be the right, 5 saves as egypt on world map owning 15+ citys.
If it is not so, tell me.

Greetings,
Zladimir

On a side note - I can upgrade my Drakkars (viking) to cogs and I can build cogs but I can also still build drakkars, was it mean to be like that?

On a side note - I can upgrade my Drakkars (viking) to cogs and I can build cogs but I can also still build drakkars, was it mean to be like that?

it is normal behavior: drakkar can be upgraded to cog or frigate, so you must have both type available (same with archer: can be upgraded to longbowman or crossbowman - if one is missing, you can still build archers)

Hi!
Sorry for my very poor english =)
May be some one can give me help - I've been playing this mod while using winXP, but since I'am on VISTA ULTIMATE - no problems playing clear no-mod-loaded Civ4 and Warlords, but every time I try to load Total Realism - game menu is OK, but trying to start new game - program just closing. What shall I do???
If there was same problem already resolved, please post me URL.
Many many thanks.

The problem should not be Vista, as I can say with my own experience. I'm using Vista Enterprise 64bit and have no problems.

Maybe you've forgotten to patch, or maybe your mod-installation got corrupted?
Do you've checked everything is right with your video-driver?

Found! Just set anti-aliasing to 0 (was set on 4) and every thing is all-right! Strange - I got latest directX and drivers for my Radeon X1965 and no troubles with any other game for now. Well, at least now we knew were to search if someone else will face same problem =) Zladimir Thank You =)

Top Bottom