1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. JHLee

JHLee Chieftain

Yes, I have been experiencing this a lot too.
    When a city changes hands nearby tiles tend to switch to the new owner even though nearby cities owned by different civs are producing way more culture.

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yes, when a new city is acquired the owner receives a guaranteed share of the overall culture. This has always been the case, it's just the specific mechanics that have been changed.

3. Nyayr

Nyayr Chieftain

ah that explains why if the city changes owner the squares next to it go from 99% to easily 11% in a matter of 10+ turns

4. JHLee

JHLee Chieftain

But should it be the case?
    It seems a bit unfit to me that when a small city is conquered, nearby areas would flip to the devastated town rather than other unscathed megalopolises in the vicinity.

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yes.

1SDAN and JHLee like this.
  6. Nyayr

Nyayr Chieftain

It makes the wish to culturally take over and/or abandon nearby city also hard as they collapse and all your work is gone. I had 3 cities pushing on a town in north India, Delhi, Lahore and Singripis? on a little town in the middle. Turks take it over and soon all squares around went from 100% english (a size 1 city) to 90% for them, then they collapse and independent go from 30 start to 90%, eventually I wrecked the city for a -5..,

Got a bug, spreading culture to this mexican (previously american city) makes me lose culture... it is 24%, 7% american and rest mexican after spreading culture its 0% english 9% american and rest mexican... I gave my own culture to them with a spy...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Leoreth likes this.
  7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It's not just AIs who benefit from this effect.

8. Nyayr

Nyayr Chieftain

I reckon it is meant to secure the zones next to the city to prevent starvation? A reverse culture flow, so a spy would give culture to the enemy instead of yourself then, if that how it works.

9. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Chieftain

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but despite not controlling anyone else's core, the Norman Conquest part of the Viking UHV is marked as completed.

Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

I did take Naples from the Byzantines earlier in the game, so maybe this is what the game counts as a European core? The stability map shows it as contested area but the tooltip says it's historical. Dunno what that's about.

Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Maybe Rome is in the list? Let me check.

11. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Contested is equivalent to Historical Foreign Core. So yes, it is a European Core.

Imp. Knoedel and Oblivionyx like this.
  12. Enyavar

Enyavar Chieftain

Debug info for the espionage auto-prio: My Prussia never had previous contact with China, according to the saves I dug through. China existed until the 1730ies, then hibernated as Independents until the 1870ies.
    Edith says: However, reemerged Arabia, Ethiopia and Mongolia as well as newly-spawned Argentina had no priority assigned to them. Contact was established either immediately or a turn later. I can see no rhyme or reason in the auto-priority.

Specifically, the Italian core here. [Oblivionyx and Edith say: Roman.]

I noticed in my German game that if I controlled only the part of a core and the rest of the core was under Independent control, this counted as a controlled core for my UHV. (Scandinavia and Russia for example)
    I believed this is intended. In case it's not, look at this savegame?
    Spoiler This is a German-controlled Scandinavian core :
    Civ4ScreenShot0117.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  13. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It is, although I have considered changing it a couple of times.

14. hnrysml

hnrysml Chieftain

the italian core doesn't include naples iirc

1SDAN likes this.
  15. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Chieftain

I know. I was just curious as to why the tooltip says Historical rather than Contested, but I guess Historical works, since Rome is dead and all.

It's the Roman core.

1SDAN and Enyavar like this.
  16. Nyayr

Nyayr Chieftain

I wonder whose cores count would the Polish for example count too Or does a nation have had to have spawned to count?

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I think it's all civs that spawn before the goal ends.

1SDAN and Oblivionyx like this.
  18. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Isolationism and Free Enterprise gives Outdated Civic Instability.

Leoreth likes this.
  19. Nyayr

Nyayr Chieftain

Isolationism and Free market is a -4 together which makes sense isolation economy and allowing it to be free is problematic.

Do get now in the digital age a -9 outdated of isolationism, maybe its -3 per age after industrial? Why exactly it gives instability... I can't find it shown in the stability tab in civipedia...

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    1SDAN likes this.
  20. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Chieftain

In 600 AD Scenario, Mexico spawns with Protestantism as state religion (England colonized the region). The problem is that all the mexican cities doesn't have the religion (even the remaining english colony in central america doesn't have it) and appears that the religion don't spread. When I continued playing, even Catolicism doesn't have spread.

Attached Files: