Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Do you mean saves from the Rhyes and Fall mod? They are not compatible with this mod.

I've got a few different bugs, all on the develop branch.

Playing as Holy Rome, the game doesn't recognize my 3 Catholic vassals.

Playing as the Maya, the game doesn't recognize when I contact a European civilization (my caravel is off the coast of Portugal).

Playing as Byzantium, the game forces me to convert to Catholicism, even though I start Orthodox, without Catholicism in my capitol. Even if I go through revolution to switch back to Orthodoxy, the game will switch me back to Catholicism.

Playing as the Vikings, the game doesn't recognize my city founded in the Americas.

Thanks for all that you do, and congratulations on your move to Paris. :)

Attachments

• Holy Rome.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • Maya.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • Byzantium.CivBeyondSwordSave
    478.2 KB · Views: 23
  • City in Americas.CivBeyondSwordSave
    738.2 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for all that you do, and congratulations on your move to Paris. :)
I didn't actually move to Paris. My location is always part of my account theme.

Oh, I see. Where did you install the mod?

So, where did the files end up?

Is the beyond the sword directory contained in your game directory? Or in My Documents/My Games?

Hi all,

I'm currently playing as the Chinese at 1957 ad, but whenever I end the turn my game freezes early next turn.

Given that each turn takes like 5 minutes or so now I don't really feel like replaying the last 10 turns or so. Is it a problem with my graphics settings?

Please find my save game attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

HappySheep

Attachments

• Qin Shi Huang AD-1957 Turn 645ryryrtyytr.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm currently playing as the Chinese at 1957 ad, but whenever I end the turn my game freezes early next turn.

Given that each turn takes like 5 minutes or so now I don't really feel like replaying the last 10 turns or so. Is it a problem with my graphics settings?

Please find my save game attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

HappySheep
There's no freeze for me, I think the game itself is fine. Graphics settings are never responsible for performance problems like this, it is most likely your RAM, and processor load can be relevant as well. Have you tried the patch for the BtS exe that increases available memory? Otherwise, make sure that you aren't running any other unnecessary background processes.

Playing on the recent update, making contact with the Portuguese as the Maya gives me this error.
Spoiler Error :
20211208085851_1.jpg

And the 3 Catholic vassals for Holy Rome goal shows that the conditions are met, but won't accomplish the goal (even after ending a couple turns).
Spoiler Holy Rome :
20211208092930_1.jpg

Playing on the recent update, making contact with the Portuguese as the Maya gives me this error.
Spoiler Error :

And the 3 Catholic vassals for Holy Rome goal shows that the conditions are met, but won't accomplish the goal (even after ending a couple turns).
Spoiler Holy Rome :
Did you start these games before or after the update? A save for the Maya error would help.

Trying to play as Mexico. Whenever I start a turn there are lots of Python error tabs.

Attachments

• Juarez AD-1826 Turn 541.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20211208095825_1.jpg
    20211208095825_1.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 22
Yeah, I think that wouldn't save your Holy Rome victory check then. Will investigate the Maya error though.

Oh, actually the same for that one: the error is caused by it still being the old goal from the existing save.

Last edited:
Trying to play as Mexico. Whenever I start a turn there are lots of Python error tabs.
Should be fixed with today's update. I completed the goal next turn from the provided save.

Ending turn should lead to the rebirth of the Chinese civ, regardless of whether you say yes or no to their flip, you will get a python error for your trouble.

SHA-1: 133c9bc60a23e51bf14e2f761a75aa6911edd0eb

Attachments

• End Turn Say Yes or No to China - Either way there's a Python Error .CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Top Bottom