1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Tboy, Aug 6, 2007.

1. BillSeurer

BillSeurer Chieftain

I am almost done with playing the 1936 scenario (as the Germans, pseudo-historical events) and I ran into one oddity, perhaps a bug. The Italians never joined the war. This made fighting Greece very weird because I had to use paratroops to reach Athens and from there the Greek island and from there on into North Africa.

2. BillSeurer

BillSeurer Chieftain

I finished the game where I was Germany and decided to try the Pacific scenario as the US. All was going along until "December" 1941 (actually it was November) and the Japanese declare war on me. Suddenly the cost of researching everything increased dramatically (like 3x or 4x) and it is going to take 37 turns to the next discovery. That's like the rest of the war! It didn't do that for anyone else because I can see the other allies research now. Is this intentional?

3. BillSeurer

BillSeurer Chieftain

OK, after playing around with this a bit I think it is intentional. It appears that all the allies research efforts are now linked. If I choose the same thing as the rest of my allies the time for all of us goes down. If I choose something else then mine is incredibly long. The cost did in fact go WAAAY up. This is still a bit of a problem because I can't control what the others choose to research and they are doing stupid things like tanks before marines!

4. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Yes, the research changes are intentional.

After a while you get a feel for what the other Allies research, and you research everything else before joining the war. Remember, ALL allies research is pooled, including what was researched in the past. ;)

5. sillyspheres

sillyspheres Chieftain

I think this is a bit overpowered. I am playing as Germany, 1936, historical events. Right now it is April 1941 and I am nearly at the end of the tech tree thanks to the combined efforts of Vichy, Italy, and East Balkans. I have Tigers, modern infantry, advanced subs, heavy artillery, chain reactors, etc. The Soviets seem to be in a similar position as they have heavy tanks, upgraded fighters, etc.

For a while I was receiving 1 tech per turn, provided I researched the same as my allies. Once I realized what was happening, I turned my research from 80% to 0% and the tech pace "slowed" to every other turn or so.

Needless to say this adversely impacts the game play.

6. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Sounds like you need a higher difficulty level. ;)

7. Figaro

Figaro Tywysog

Any feedback for the issues with multiplayer?

8. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Yeah, I don't support MP. :p

Sorry.

9. ZooMan2

ZooMan2 Chieftain

I have had the same problem with Hotseat where the game cycles through all of the human civs and then chnages to single player mode on the last civ with all others reverting to AI control - where can we go for multi-player support?

10. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Officially, RtW is not written for MP. It wasn't when I wrote it for Firaxis, and it isn't in the add-on pack.

Sorry guys.

11. sillyspheres

sillyspheres Chieftain

While the difficultly does affect research, it does not impact it this much. I was running 80% and getting about 1200 beakers per turn. The techs that cost 10,000 or so were being researched in one turn (I don't think Vichy, Italy, and East Balkans contributed 8000 per turn).

I am playing on Monarch fwiw.

12. Entrecote

Entrecote Chieftain

A research bug repeatedly occurs when I ask my allies to research the same thing. One of them can provide all research points for the current tech. First Norway, now West Balkan. US also did this in the previous game.

This results in us getting one new technology every round. By summer '41 we got modern tanks, modern infantry, modern artillery, jet fighters etc. I will finish the research tree before 1942.

My observation is that this happens with the most recent ally who joins the war, whomever it is, as if they have accumulated a hundred thousand research points while neutral.

13. Vortex79

Vortex79 Chieftain

Playing in open play as the soviets in the Europe 1936 scenario. I have a lot going, already nailed Germany before the end of 1939. Attempting to upgrade to industry level 4 from 3 and the game drops to a black screen with the world turning mouse icon and music only, then finally crashes to desktop and gives me an error in the game core .dll. It occurs the very turn after all 3 turns of anarchy for the upgrade completes. I have a ton of cities, but should be good on memory for processing with a gig of ram an athalon 3000 and 256 mb video ram on twin nividia 660s on a dual core card. No other errors to date, runs smooth as a bell through several other industry upgrades up until this point. Any ideas?

All patches, addons, and updates installed and correctly.

Further testing indicates that the upgrade on industry is only coincidentally related. Soemthing else is going on within the world that is causing a crash. It's not related to my country or its changes at all. I even switched all cities to producing culture in case it a was a production related issue right before I started the upgrade process. The reason I know it's not related to the industry upgrade now is because anarchy had not completed before the same crash occured. I am noticing a lot of diplomatic events occurring before the crash, including a war between Italy and France starting.

At this point, since the event causing the crash is in AI control somewhere else on the board, I can only assume it's doomed to being a scenario that never gets completed.

14. Emp. Killyouall

Emp. Killyouall EVIL Emperor

You can control allied research efforts by opening the diplo screen, saying "lets dicuss something else," and then saying "we would like you to research..."

15. civaddict098

civaddict098 Chieftain

For some reason I dont get any sound past the opening movie. what gives?

16. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Have you got the full add-on pack? No sound was a problem in the 3.13 BtS patch version.

If you haven't already, download and install the add-on pack and RtW 1.1 patch. :)

17. keli

keli Chieftain

Hello, i have some problem with the mod. I tried to play with my friend through multiplayer, and we cannot choose Hitler--> there was no germany on the list.

Any tips?

(we used 1939-hitler mod)

18. AAjus[LTU]

AAjus[LTU] Chieftain

Random historical events. Playing as Italy. East Balkans do not join the axis. It is 1941 december already.
    "F2 DEC40: East Balkans join Axis (East Balkans allies with Axis, East Balkans DOW Allies)"

19. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

This seems like a bug (as in, an error) - the Germans' heavy tank is slower and costs more than the medium tank, as it should, yet it has the exact same strength. Surely it should be higher?

20. Horizons

Horizons King of the Ring

Could someone be kind enough to load up this savegame and see if it crashes on them? I was playing as the USSR from 1936 with the latest (non-beta) version of Road to War. It all started well but now I get constant CTD. I'm using the same computer to play it that I was using last year. :(