Bug Reports

Oddly, I've got the same problem as Horizons now - with the USSR crashing on the first turn. I have no idea why, its just started spontaneously doing it.

w/ addon pack 2, I am getting this as China (1936 scen.) in 1937. 1st, my ally (Xinjiang) wont change techs for me, then I clicked on the tech bar (not in the tech screen) and no techs to research popped up. I wnet into tech screen, this pops up:

Up to about heavy tanks, my techs show up as unresearchable (I kept my already researched techs). I had changed my tech before, but I am not sure what is causing this.

EDIT this had been there before I changed techs, may be a loaded game problem... shows how much I check the tech screen

An issue with the AI. As shown in the screenshot, Italy has still not conquered Albania in 1940, despite Tirana being completely undefended! (Accurate Historical mode, BTW). After checking around using my espionage, I discovered it was largely due to Italy's complete lack of landing craft or paratroopers. Surely the AI should be smarter than this?

EDIT: Further enquiry seems to suggest that the AI never builds landing craft, as both Germany and Italy have none, despite the need to invade Norway and Albania respectively.

Attachments

• Italy-Albania Bug.JPG
    Italy-Albania Bug.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 96
uhhh in the ultimate version, on the global scenario, the leader name is shown twice in the diplo screen (see attachment)
also, i think there should be some specification, so Mao stops asking me to help destroy China :lol:

I am having a CTD while using a modded version of the 3.17 version. It mentions in the Windows error Cvgamecoredll.dll file as the failing file.

How do you troubleshoot this sort of crash? The log files don't tell me much, or am I overlooking something? What log file will point to the file that is having the problem?

It occurs about half way through the tech tree.

Any helpful hints on how to troubleshoot this sort of thing?

Okay, I downloaded the Windows degbugging tools, and I get this error related to the crash;

IMAGE_NAME: CvGameCoreDLL.dll

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4862a8c4

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvCityAI::AI_updateRouteToCity_c0000094_STATUS_INTEGER_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO

BUCKET_ID: APPLICATION_FAULT_STATUS_INTEGER_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO_CvGameCoreDLL!CvCityAI::AI_updateRouteToCity+120b

Followup: MachineOwner

Has anyone seen this before? How do I fix it? Is it something I did?

Okay. So for all of you out there who have had similar CTDs, dissimilar CTD, or just like reading about Crash-To-Desktop incidents, here is what I did to get around my CTD.

I played this scenario for a few dozen hours only to be greeted with a Crash that I could not move beyond. Since no one responded to my request for help, I had a few days to mull it over and be creative in figuring out a solution.

First, I went out and joined a cult, and got a tattoo. Okay, I didn't really get a tattoo, I hear they can be painful. But I did get one of those iron-on transfers you use on T-shirts. It was from some retro website and says "Keep on Truckin", and I applied it directly to my chest, which I guess in the long run was as painful as a tattoo would have been, but the iron-on was only $3.95 plus shipping, which is much cheaper than a regular tattoo.

So then I decided to try saving my game right before the crash in WorldBuilder, so now its a scenario file. I went back and started the scenario/saved file as a differenct civ for 1 turn, then saved it again in Worldbuilder, and opened it again as a scenario back to my original civ. By doing this, I sort of jumped over the crash, and its playing fine now.

Then, to be on the safe side, I made my parents start calling me "The Moog" and I bought a unicycle.

Then I went back and made these changes to the config.ini file.

AllowScreenShots = 0
SyncInput = 1
D3D9Query = 1
LoggingEnabled = 1

and I visited this old thread.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=145238

I hope my suggestions and insights can help others overcome the CTDs they may experience.

I am still not sure if the Windows debugging tools actually pointed out a bug in the cvgamecoredll.ddl file, or if some typo in an XML file I made is the cause. Maybe someday one of you python educated types will know what to make of it.

In Europe and global assault missions after first turn when it asks me to choose which way to play the game starts heavy lag and finally my screen freezes. I cant do else but to boot my computer. This doesn't happen pacific mission or in main game.

My computer:

Intel Celeron 2600 MHz
1024 MB RAM
ATI RADEON 9600
Windows XP Professional
SP3
Direct X 9.0c

Can anyone help me ? I am very desperate with this problem :(

If it only happens coming into winter, then it's bitter winter causing it.

You can open GlobalDefinesAlt.xml and change the value for BITTER_WINTER to turn it off.

I had not noticed that my CTD happened during Winter, but I thought I'd give your suggestion a try. But my GlobalDefinesAlt.xml does not mention winter.

Thanks for the feedback though, I am at a loss and very dissappointed that I cannot play this fantastic scenario. I have put too much time into it to give up yet.

I had not noticed that my CTD happened during Winter, but I thought I'd give your suggestion a try. But my GlobalDefinesAlt.xml does not mention winter.

Thanks for the feedback though, I am at a loss and very dissappointed that I cannot play this fantastic scenario. I have put too much time into it to give up yet.

RtW-UE (the last version of RtW) has this flag in that file.

Thanks Dale. I had started modding an earlier version, and when UE came out I was already too invested to start over.... but I went into the python file and took out all mention of the bitterwinter events. I still get a crash every other turn.

The windows debugging software is no help, it tells me nothing useful. The logs tell me nothing useful, as far as I can tell... which files give a clue?? There is no mention of errors, or failures to load.

I downloaded that CivCheck utility, but so far it hasn't helped much, every once in a while, I can get the game to move from turn to turn... but at least ever other turn, when I end a turn and hit enter to go to the next turn, I get a CTD.

How does one troubleshoot these things?

I've been playing the most current (non-beta) version of rtw in hotseat mode, playing as both Russia and Communist China. I am playing "free play" mode rather than historical events. All add-ons, patches, and updates are installed correctly.

My problem is with Mao's China: Early in the game, as Mao, I could build various city improvements (as would be expected). After a while, Republican China bombed my one city (Yan'aan) into oblivion, destroying most of the buildings in the city and rendering it nearly useless (at one point, I think it was going to take over 300 turns to build a single artillary), so I didn't even contemplate starting new buildings, and didn't notice when the change came...

Meanwhile, Stalin's Russia was finally able to make peace with Japan, and proceeded to conquer Republican China, gifting most of its cities to Communist China. Unfortunately, none of Mao's cities - including its capital - can build ANY city improvements; not even a theater. As a result, the border towns produce next to no culture, and I am stuck wasting my production on culture in order to gain control of vital land squares rather than units or useful buildings, but this meager amount is agonizingly slow. At first, I just thought this was due to the extremely small size of these cities (1 or 2), but as they grew, nothing changed.

My latest hypothesis on why I can't build city improvements centers on the fact that the majority of Communist China's cities have not adopted Communism. Is this possible? If the majority of a nation's cities have not adopted the state "religion" (communism, etc) does this render all cities, including the capital with appropriate religion, unable to build city improvements? Is there anything I can do to regain this ability?

One other thing. In this game, I have been unable to trade technologies with anyone. The foreign advisor says that all techs are untradeable and techs never come up as tradeable items in diplomacy. Is this a bug?

I love this mod, so I hope someone can help

Have you tried building propoganda units to spread communism to the other cities.

BTW: I will be working on an updated "Pacific War" scenario later in the year.

Yes, I just finished and yet there is no change. Mao simply cannot build any improvements. Yet all the other civs I am playing can. This must be some kind of bug, but I'm not sure what triggered it or even at what point in the game city improvements became blacked out. I will try to go back through my saves to try to figure it out, but it may take some time...:dubious:

Top Bottom