Bug Thread

That file should not be .xml, it should be .py. Are you sure you got the file from python folder? I don't know how you ended up with this file, it doesn't make much sense. Did you use the installer?

Anyway, if that is the only FinalFrontierGameUtils file in your python folder, you should replace it with this one https://raw.githubusercontent.com/F...aster/Assets/Python/FinalFrontierGameUtils.py and make sure it ends with .py and not .xml.

That file should not be .xml, it should be .py. Are you sure you got the file from python folder? I don't know how you ended up with this file, it doesn't make much sense. Did you use the installer?

Anyway, if that is the only FinalFrontierGameUtils file in your python folder, you should replace it with this one https://raw.githubusercontent.com/F...aster/Assets/Python/FinalFrontierGameUtils.py and make sure it ends with .py and not .xml.
Oh yeah I changed the .py extension to .xml because the site wouldn't let me upload the file with the python extension. I'll try replacing the file.

Spoiler :

upload_2019-5-7_16-48-13.png

Spoiler :

upload_2019-5-7_16-49-53.png

Finally, it's working now! Thank you! I owe you big time!

Not working, and the bug fix mentioned earlier did not work for me. No suns

You will need to provide more details if you expect somebody to help you.
Did you do things under 3) in this post?
I eventually got it to work, but I forgot how I did that. I think copied/pasted something if I recall.
I do appreciate you responding.

I have a problem- my destroyer couldn't get more than 50 experience through battle (but I can still add it through Worldbuilder

1.83 with 1.84 patch
I fight barbarians
(in save ja(nowa ziemia) I added 2 prestige through WB)

Attachments

• ja (nowa ziemia) AD-2308-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    133.1 KB · Views: 90
  • AutoSave_AD-2324-May.CivBeyondSwordSave
    129.4 KB · Views: 63
I get a python error when this save ends loading. Attached save and python logs. I have noticed that AI is doing quite bad compared to me, maybe that's just because I'm Avovers or they build many military units because aggressive AI setting is on.I'm using FF+ Kek-Mod v0.22 alpha.

Attachments

• PythonDbg.txt
    256.5 KB · Views: 52
  • PythonErr2.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 51
  • game.CivBeyondSwordSave
    92.4 KB · Views: 49
  • error.png
    error.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
I get a python error when this save ends loading. Attached save and python logs.

Thanks for the bug report!
Alpha Delta and Omega symbols in custom unit names are causing the bug. You can avoid the bug by turning off custom unit naming in BUG options.
I think it only affects WorldBuilder saves, but who knows. If this bug happens, you can't use WorldBuilder saves, i.e. they won't load and will freeze/crash the game.

I probably introduced the bug when I merged PlatyBuilder into FFP. The bug can be fixed by replacing the code in the line 894 in ...\Mods\Final Frontier Plus\Assets\Python\pyWB\CvWBDesc.py with
Code:
           f.write("\t\tUnitName=%s\n" %(unit.getNameNoDesc().encode('unicode_escape'),))

I don't know when will I release a new version with the fix included, but in the meantime you can edit the file yourself if you need the bug fixed sooner.

I have noticed that AI is doing quite bad compared to me, maybe that's just because I'm Avovers or they build many military units because aggressive AI setting is on.I'm using FF+ Kek-Mod v0.22 alpha.

The AI in FFP is severely affected by things that behave very differently than in BTS. It can't use BTS/K-Mod DLL code to plan for wars or manage citizens and buildings on planets and the replacement Python code is often very rudimentary. To fix that, one would need to do a lot of work to properly integrate new FFP game mechanics into the DLL. For now, I suggest to simply play on higher difficulty. :)

Last edited:
Errors start appearing every turn between 2 saves in this zip file. I think that's because The Forge civilization is destroyed.
Also I encountered "civilisation" instead of "civilization" somewhere, but I can't find this error in text from this mod because there are so many text files.
Planetary siege unit has typo in its description (seige).

Last edited:
Looks like first file was corrupt (I couldn't open it). Now I compressed it with 7-zip and now I think it can be opened properly.

Attachments

• error.7z
    10.4 MB · Views: 26
I currently have a game where certain Starbases can't upgrade. Is this a known issue? I went to the next turn and did the alt-upgrade but it still left certain starbases at the original creation state (30). More then enough funds so it's not a money issue. Even when manually selecting them several turns later still no upgrade button. It's 1.84 off the Steam version 3.19, all other layout was left default. thx

I currently have a game where certain Starbases can't upgrade. Is this a known issue? I went to the next turn and did the alt-upgrade but it still left certain starbases at the original creation state (30). More then enough funds so it's not a money issue. Even when manually selecting them several turns later still no upgrade button. It's 1.84 off the Steam version 3.19, all other layout was left default. thx
UPDATE: Found message that pointed out Starbases, at times, can't upgrade when they have Missiles on them. Don't know if this applies to Bombers/Fighters also, but just move everything off and you can upgrade.

I downloaded both 1.7 and 2.7. Neither has an executable file to install. What are the instructions for installing it manually or where is the executable?

Top Bottom