Bug with Custom Notifications (?)

kirbz

Chieftain
Posted this in the wrong thread before, but I think this should be the right place. First of all I'd like to say I really like your mod compilation. I noticed something which bugs me a little bit though:

I noticed that when loading a save in which cities have expanded their tiles into areas they cannot use (more than 3 tiles from the city) all the tile expansion notifications (which say something like, X city has claimed a tile but cannot work it) pop up, right after loading the saved game. Which means that in a game which has gone into turns 300+ I end up rightclicking tile notifications away for like a minute. If you could somehow prevent this from happening that would be great!

Posted this in the wrong thread before, but I think this should be the right place. First of all I'd like to say I really like your mod compilation. I noticed something which bugs me a little bit though:

I noticed that when loading a save in which cities have expanded their tiles into areas they cannot use (more than 3 tiles from the city) all the tile expansion notifications (which say something like, X city has claimed a tile but cannot work it) pop up, right after loading the saved game. Which means that in a game which has gone into turns 300+ I end up rightclicking tile notifications away for like a minute. If you could somehow prevent this from happening that would be great!

I can confirm this using Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced v 107.2

\Skodkim

This bug has existed in Custom Notifications since Alpaca and Sneaks first created it back in January (?) - it's a little annoying, but you can just scroll down past all the "tile claimed for your empire" notifications to get to the meaningful ones. At least it only does it for unworkable tiles claimed.:)

I believe Thal or I can fix this by backending his plot check utility into the Improved Events lua.

By the way, for those that have not checked, you can also turn these notifications off in the new Notifications Options panel in the top right drop down (the one with Victory Progress).

Hey Sneaks, loving the notifications
However i tried disabling the culture tile aquired notification, and although it works throughout the game, it seems to reset for each new game i start.
This doesnt occur for the other notifications checklist, which i found rather odd...

I will see what I can do about implementing a save function for choices.

I fixed the reload issue for v108.1 beta, to be released tomorrow.

@Sneaks

\CiVUP - Civ V Unofficial Patch\Attila Mods\UI\InGame\TopPanel_Clock.lua

Check out that file. It's the most direct example I know of for moduserdata store/load, in this case the 24-hour vs 12-hour clock option.

Top Bottom