Bugfix: restored AI diplomats in civdos v03/04/05 and cumulative bugfix for civdos v05

More info on the weird screen/weird colors I just noticed it again this time I think I know what might be going on:

1. I rejected the peace offer of rome while playing french.
2. I received technology, the screen look strange, yellowish colors on border... maybe it's supposed to look like this.

Could also be some weird/rare load issue in civilization itself... or maybe dos-box-x.

I was alt-tabbing a little bit to play with force scaler and aspect ratio to see if I can get an even better full screen look.

Maybe it's just some weird civ1 bug that disappears after some time... hmmm...

What might also trigger it is to:

1. Disable palace
2. Disable animations
3. Disable civpedia text
4. Disable sound

All in options screens, maybe this triggers this weird/rare color bug.

Maybe there is something to it, maybe it will lead to some undiscovered functionality or some kind of cheat in civilization 1.... hmm..

Or maybe some kind of easter egg yet to be discovered that would be funny !

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL...

I CAN CONFIRM THE PATCH WORKS !

I WAS JUST PLAYING SOME MORE FOR FUN !

AND I NOTICED ROME STEALING MAP MAKING FROM MY FRENCH CAPITAL WITH A DIPLOMAT !

SUPER COOL ! =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Good thing too, because in this game I was planning to destroy him... attacked him with a chariot... in this game he is annoying lol, I only have one city/capital/paris with colossus.

In previous game he was usefull I build road for him and mines and we traded loads of tech.

Egypt even made heliopolis near me and great library.

Then I made a mistake and rome took my capital forget we were at war, I also stole some tech from him or so...

Zulus kept pounding on my city with walls, defeated like 30+ knights and 40+ calvery with just one secondary city lol.

Wow as I was about to destroy Rome he send one more diplomat towards my capital, not sure what he did. Maybe build embassy, maybe spy on my city/investigate ? hmmm.... lol now he is dead hehe... looks kinda weird when diplomat penetrates city, but it's normal/part of the original game ! ;) =D

Wow I just discovered something horrible, bribings units works horrible in Republic lol ! Many unintended unhappy faces haha ! Fortunately they close by the home city hehe. This bribing in republic could cause for some nasty riot surprises if not carefull hehe !

Wow I just discovered something horrible, bribings units works horrible in Republic lol ! Many unintended unhappy faces haha ! Fortunately they close by the home city hehe. This bribing in republic could cause for some nasty riot surprises if not carefull hehe !
If you bribe units when they are closer to an enemy city than to one of your cities they don't have a home city, cause no unhappiness and require no shield support.

rhaul, I think I cannot add declaration of war after "You must attack evil..." diplomacy dialog. I tried to add some additional code instead of zeroes at the end of overlay, but it did not work. Game does not load this code into RAM, it seems. I don't know how exactly overlays work, so cannot do anything about this. To call "cancel peace status" function, we need about additional 19 bytes, I think.

rhaul, I think I cannot add declaration of war after "You must attack evil..." diplomacy dialog. I tried to add some additional code instead of zeroes at the end of overlay, but it did not work. Game does not load this code into RAM, it seems. I don't know how exactly overlays work, so cannot do anything about this. To call "cancel peace status" function, we need about additional 19 bytes, I think.
Well, it's not easy at all, especially with such an old game, but at least you've tried.

Thanks anyway.

Tupi, have you been able to make any progress with the first 4 pending points?

Top Bottom