1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bugs and errors

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by Agent327, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I'm not sure if this is bug or an error, but it happens regularly with the main mod:

- Klingons lose their homeworld (shot #1)
    - because they build no defenders (#2)
    - so I joined the barbs and took another Klingon system (#3).

The Klingons usually don't do so well and end up on the bottom of the score list (unless I play them). Would it be possible to let spawn a Starbase with each homeworld or is that not practically feasible?

Attached Files:

2. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I think the AI is unfairly biased toward ships that start with cloaking devices. Cloaked units won't defend unless seen. I don't know how to kill the AI's love for invisible units.

3. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

i have the same problem with 22 century
    can you put some regular ships in the suliban worlds
    regular=no stelth

4. deanej

deanej Chieftain

They should have some cell ships from the start of the game. Don't know what they did with them (in a test game I did they used them to capture Akaali; they could have also used them against the Tenandrans). I could limit both (AI only for Klingons and regular limit for Suliban since Suliban are AI only). Any ideas on what the limit should be? I was thinking of 3 for the Stealth ships and 5 for the Klingons (or possibly 1 per city? Don't know how well the AI is with building military units for that).

5. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

yea if you can limit the cloak ship will be great
    3 and 5 is good for this mod enterprice
    but may be is something to do with no protecting home worlds
    in the romulan war scenarios you can not capture any home world so the AI
    doesn't protecthem:rolleyes:

pd:also please give more units to the romulans in klingon scenario
    and maybe the Negh'var to the klingons:D
    :p

6. deanej

deanej Chieftain

The Klingon Bird of Prey limit will only apply to the AI as the unit is balanced, it just so happens that the AI doesn't use it properly. So playing them as a human you will be able to build as many as you want.

I'll give the Romulans more starting units. I won't give the Negh'var, since the Negh'var wasn't built until 2372, past the end of this scenario (barely).

7. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Perhaps they're available too early? (Or the AI doesn't understand they don't defend...)

8. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Noticed a small error in the main mod: when discovering Warrior Code the statement that you can now switch to State Govt is false (the prereq has been moved).

9. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Which civic exactly are you talking about? Both police state and empire require Warrior's Code; this has not changed.

Note: If you've ever looked at the civics screen of a scenario, you should know that the scenarios use different prereqs for civics to keep civs in their canon civics.

10. Theodore

Theodore Chieftain

I have a weird problem with the Star Trek mod. I'm playing the Federation, but have no population points to assign on Earth. No food, no production, no income, save that from the Palace. All I can do in the game is research, conduct diplomacy, and move my Deep Space Probe ship. I can't build anything.

I'm running:

Windows XP
    BtS 3.17
    Star Trek mod 1.19

Have I overlooked something? Any guidance would be welcome. Thanks!

11. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

yes reinstall evrithing

12. deanej

deanej Chieftain

All I can offer is Pablod's suggestion: reinstall. I must admit this is unusual, as most installation errors would prevent you from even starting a game. I'm guessing that there's a problem with a python file somewhere. You could try assigning the population points yourself to see if that fixes the issue (though they should be assigned by default). The only other thing I can think of is to tell you that this mod is incompatible with civ's python reloading feature and that if you mess with the python you have to reload the whole game.

13. Theodore

Theodore Chieftain

Thanks very much.

I started over, with a new custom game of Star Trek, and everything is working fine, now. Thanks, deanej, for the effort in producing a wonderful modpack.

14. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

:agree:

I started another game and everything was as you said.

15. deanej

deanej Chieftain

What you ran into was probably the wait from changing civics/values.

16. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain