Bugs with v141.2

Prodigyx732

Chieftain
1.) This probably isn't really a bug, but I noticed when a scout get's promoted for the first time, they get the choice of recon, which is +1 sight and ignore terrain cost. The other two is for +15 defense open/rough terrain and +1 sight. However, scout already ignores terrain cost.
I know this would be useful for when you upgrade the scout into a levy unit. Just not sure if it is intentional or not.

2.) The siege promotion tooltip reads +35% against cities. However in the attack box when I go to attack a city, it reads Bonus vs Cities 30%.
Side note: I think siege should be separated into two promotions. 20% then 30% or 25/25

3.) My unit has march +2 healing and a nearby scout has medic +2 healing giving a total of +4 healing every turn. If I fortify within an enemy border it is still +4 and If I fortify outside an enemy border it is +5. Normally it's suppose to be +6 and +7 respectively, but it appears fortify blocks the march heal.
Update: For my actual scout (archer now) he heals +7 with fortify + medic + survivalism but it appears this only happens during the fortify process. Didn't think medic would actually heal the unit that has it.
Update2: I then later discovered march actually heals for +3, so with medic it should be +5, however it's only +4. Unless of course, march act's in the same way fortify does, only +2 heal when inside enemy border.

4.) Not a bug, but Cover II is OP. It gives +50% damage reduction against ranged attacks, and Cover I gives +25% giving a total of +75%. My suggestion? 20% and 30% of course or 25/25

5.)When a melee attacks in rough terrain, blitz is useless for those with only 2 movement. Would be nice too see a promotion to give +1 movement for units that don't have it.

6.) On the tech tree, every tech has progress 11/XXX, so like I already have 11 research for future tech even though I'm still in the classical era. I did notice however, I researched 11 techs excluding agriculture so maybe that's the culprit? Not sure what the purpose of this is or even if it is intentional, but if it is.. I noticed optics is at 17/XXX and masonry is at 23/XXX. I re-checked after saving/loading and this bug disappeared. Could be result of CSD (is enabled in options) which I'm actually gonna turn off cause I never see the AI use it with this mod.

I would update to v142, however I don't feel like starting over again :sad:
I'll edit if I find any more.

The reason Recon 1 ignores terrain is it provided me -50% :c5unhappy: unhappiness from the community :c5citizen: population when I decided to remove that effect from upgrading scouts. :shifty: :D

I think I fixed the siege tooltip mistake in v142; please double-check that.

The march promotion does not increase healing. It just allows it to occur regardless of what actions we take with the unit. Did I misunderstand that part?

Multipliers add in civ instead of multiplying, so in a real combat situation Cover II does not provide +50%. It's closer to a +27% bonus on ranged defense. Compare that to Blitz, which increases attack damage by approximately +100%.

well the tooltip for march says "heals every turn" nothing about fortify. So I figured, okay, it stacks with fortify. So now I'm assuming at that point, the only purpose to fortify is the extra defense bonus.

I figured Cover's were added together cause my spearmen, being attacked by 2 cities which only did 1 damage each, and 1 archer doing 1-2 damage. But he also was fortified and had discipline so that could be why.

Which actually brings me to a suggestion, you should put a hard cap on it where if your attacked more then once (or twice) during 1 turn, you do not receive XP. My spearmen was racking up 6 XP every turn. Strangely however, he leveled rather quickly, from like 5-8. He would just get promoted, then I would look at his XP two turns later, and it would be like 28/60. Not exact numbers, but he had more XP then he should of had. I'll have too look more into it.

Normally units don't heal if they attack or move during their turn. March allows the unit to "heal every turn" regardless of what actions we take. It's a challenge to sum this up in a few words for a tooltip.

ahh I understand now rofl, and heals like medic apply to other units regardless of actions and will apply to self but only when fortified (after not using a movement point of course) Same applies to survivalism.

The tooltips threw me off :confused: so I called it a bug :goodjob:

What if we changed the March tooltip to...

• Allows healing regardless of actions.
  • Can heal after attacking or moving.
  • Actions don't interrupt healing.
  • Something else?

B sounds the most concise and descriptive to me, and still reads like a vanilla description.

B sounds fantastic.

or "No longer needs to be fortified to heal"

Not sure how clever my example is though :(

Units do not heal if they:

• Move
  • Attack
  • Upgrade (consumes both attack and movement points)
  • Probably something else I forgot
They can heal if they:

• Fortify
  • Garrison
  • Wait (mounted units wait instead of fortifying)
  • Select a promotion

Top Bottom