Building a new Tag in C2C code

Have you been considering joining us on the team here? You sound like you've got a bit of experience in programming. We could use the help, particularly since I'm getting a little distracted lately - as you can see.
From the few posts Anq has made since recently joining the forum, I have a good first impression. He seems sharp and level headed.
I would not object to him joining the team, we really need more dll modders.

From the few posts Anq has made since recently joining the forum, I have a good first impression. He seems sharp and level headed.
Agreed!

whole heartedly agree.

Putting in my completely unnecessary two cents to say I also agree! The more competent people working on c2c the better!

Thank you everyone. I feel nervous. I can follow only a little discussion, and it takes me a lot of time to form my words. (I speak Chinese, but it's more about the mind that struggles to do so.)
Glad I could go down and discover the world behind the scenes, it bears so much fruit, there's always something for me to learn. I have no actual coding experience to speak of, so I need to follow their examples and learn how to use each interface to do a certain work.
The thing is, I don't feel so prepared if I start to have tasks to complete, or if it becomes an imperative to watch and follow threads of different topics, if I'm considered on the "team". I would like to take my time and slowly get familiar with the community, and join the discussion burden-free. Might become inactive or lose interest for something else if real life gets to me... I've been SO active for just about a week.

By the way, I found it as easy to set up in Visual Studio 2017 and 2019 to build. No extra settings needed if you can already put VS 2010 to work.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. I feel nervous. I can follow only a little discussion, and it takes me a lot of time to form my words. (I speak Chinese, but it's more about the mind that struggles to do so.)
Glad I could go down and discover the world behind the scenes, it bears so much fruit, there's always something for me to learn. I have no actual coding experience to speak of, so I need to follow their examples and learn how to use each interface to do a certain work.
The thing is, I don't feel so prepared if I start to have tasks to complete, or if it becomes an imperative to watch and follow threads of different topics, if I'm considered on the "team". I would like to take my time and slowly get familiar with the community, and join the discussion burden-free. Might become inactive or lose interest for something else if real life gets to me... I've been SO active for just about a week.
Understood. We welcome your contributions where you see the need.

I have gotten past the MakefilePath problem, but I still get errors when trying to compile the DLL. I suspect it has something to do with deliberately not doing the updating/retargeting thing that came up when opening the project the first time, since I assumed that might break compatibility. I have included the buildlog bellow:
Spoiler build log :
Code:
  Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 14.16.27030.1
  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Den angivne sti blev ikke fundet.
  Error running SubWCRev
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe" /nologo /MD /Zi /O2 /Oy /Oi /G7 /DNDEBUG /DFINAL_RELEASE /Fp"Final_Release\CvGameCoreDLL.pch" /Fd"./Final_Release/" /GR /Gy /W3 /EHsc /arch:SSE2 /Gd /Gm- /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCVGAMECOREDLL_EXPORTS /Yu"CvGameCoreDLL.h" /Zm200 /DXERCES_STATIC_LIBRARY /D_MOD_SENTRY /D_MOD_FRACTRADE /D_MOD_GOVWORKERS /DQC_MASTERY_VICTORY /DLOG_AI /D_MOD_GWARM /D_MOD_SHAM_SPOILER /DC2C_BUILD /DMULTI_FEATURE_MOD /IBoost-1.32.0/include /IPython24/include /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK/Include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK/Include/mfc" /I"D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\CvGameCoreDLL\Boost-1.32.0/include" /I"D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\CvGameCoreDLL\Python24/include" /I"./xerces-c-3.1.1-x86-windows-vc-7.1/src" /YcCvGameCoreDLL.h /Fo"Final_Release\_precompile.obj" /c _precompile.cpp
  _precompile.cpp
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include\sal.h(708): warning C4068: unknown pragma
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include\sal.h(1472): warning C4068: unknown pragma
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(797): error C2144: syntax error : 'unsigned int' should be preceded by ';'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(797): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(812): error C2144: syntax error : 'unsigned int' should be preceded by ';'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(812): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(812): error C2086: 'int __inner_checkReturn' : redefinition
          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(796) : see declaration of '__inner_checkReturn'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(3839): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'DWORD'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(3839): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(3839): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(796) : see declaration of '__inner_checkReturn'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12156): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12156): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12156): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12164): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12164): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12164): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12212): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12212): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12212): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12223): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12223): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12223): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12233): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12233): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12233): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12254): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12254): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12254): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12263): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12263): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12263): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12283): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_POOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12283): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12283): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12315): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_CLEANUP_GROUP'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12315): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12315): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12456): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12456): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12456): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12467): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_WORK'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12467): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12467): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12500): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_TIMER'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12500): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12500): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12543): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_WAIT'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12543): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12543): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12578): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_IO'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12578): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12578): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(9820): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'HCERTSTORE'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(9820): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(9820): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13493): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13493): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13493): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13530): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13530): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13530): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2086: 'int __inner_checkReturn' : redefinition
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): warning C4091: '__declspec(dllimport ) ' : ignored on left of 'int' when no variable is declared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2144: syntax error : 'HRESULT' should be preceded by ';'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
  Stop.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: The command "nmake Final_Release" exited with code 2.

your trying to compile? I was gonna post something but it was too big. I put everything u need in a folder and set the paths for the makefile I included to btd folder -> my folder. after installing VB and and putting folder in bts all u gotta do is set the path for your bts folder and for tortoise svn. ill find a way to post if anyone wants to try

I have gotten past the MakefilePath problem, but I still get errors when trying to compile the DLL. I suspect it has something to do with deliberately not doing the updating/retargeting thing that came up when opening the project the first time, since I assumed that might break compatibility. I have included the buildlog bellow:
Spoiler build log :
Code:

Error running SubWCRev
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe" /nologo /MD /Zi /O2 /Oy /Oi /G7 /DNDEBUG /DFINAL_RELEASE /Fp"Final_Release\CvGameCoreDLL.pch" /Fd"./Final_Release/" /GR /Gy /W3 /EHsc /arch:SSE2 /Gd /Gm- /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCVGAMECOREDLL_EXPORTS /Yu"CvGameCoreDLL.h" /Zm200 /DXERCES_STATIC_LIBRARY /D_MOD_SENTRY /D_MOD_FRACTRADE /D_MOD_GOVWORKERS /DQC_MASTERY_VICTORY /DLOG_AI /D_MOD_GWARM /D_MOD_SHAM_SPOILER /DC2C_BUILD /DMULTI_FEATURE_MOD /IBoost-1.32.0/include /IPython24/include /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK/Include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK/Include/mfc" /I"D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\CvGameCoreDLL\Boost-1.32.0/include" /I"D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\CvGameCoreDLL\Python24/include" /I"./xerces-c-3.1.1-x86-windows-vc-7.1/src" /YcCvGameCoreDLL.h /Fo"Final_Release\_precompile.obj" /c _precompile.cpp
  _precompile.cpp
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include\sal.h(708): warning C4068: unknown pragma
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include\sal.h(1472): warning C4068: unknown pragma
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(797): error C2144: syntax error : 'unsigned int' should be preceded by ';'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(797): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(812): error C2144: syntax error : 'unsigned int' should be preceded by ';'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(812): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(812): error C2086: 'int __inner_checkReturn' : redefinition
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(3839): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'DWORD'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(3839): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(3839): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12156): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12156): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12156): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12164): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12164): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12164): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12212): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12212): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12212): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12223): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12223): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12223): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12233): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12233): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12233): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12254): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12254): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12254): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12263): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12263): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12263): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12283): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_POOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12283): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12283): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12315): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_CLEANUP_GROUP'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12315): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12315): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12456): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12456): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12456): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12467): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_WORK'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12467): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12467): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12500): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_TIMER'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12500): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12500): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12543): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_WAIT'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12543): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12543): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12578): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_IO'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12578): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12578): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(9820): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'HCERTSTORE'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(9820): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(9820): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13493): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13493): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13493): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13530): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13530): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13530): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2086: 'int __inner_checkReturn' : redefinition
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): warning C4091: '__declspec(dllimport ) ' : ignored on left of 'int' when no variable is declared
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2144: syntax error : 'HRESULT' should be preceded by ';'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\ExtraThings\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
  Stop.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: The command "nmake Final_Release" exited with code 2.
Are you trying to build from the source codes exactly as they are on the SVN or are you trying to build with some changes you made? I'm not going to say this is everything but it LOOKS like you may have made a change it's not working with.

That said, there were a number of steps I had to do some searching online to get 2017 to work with. If I can find a way to retrace those, I'll let you know.

Spoiler build log :
Code:

Error running SubWCRev
  _precompile.cpp
  Stop.

You used the Windows SDK included with VS2017? It needs exactly the 2003 sp1 platform SDK, newer SDKs are incompatible or may need some adjustment that’s not documented on these forums.

Make sure you installed the platform SDK from PSDK-x86.exe or PSDK-amd64.exe https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6510
Guide from Realism Invictus http://www.realism-invictus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1375

Your VC++2003 Toolkit also seems not to be installed to the default location, but fine if the whole package is unaltered from the package downloadable from this site.

The only thing to install in order to use C2C2017 vcxproj is "MSVC v141 - VS 2017 C++ x64/x86 Build tool" Others such as SDKs you don't have to gather via VS installer.

Last edited:
I installed the SDK pointed to by https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/a-simple-guide-to-compiling-the-dll.405444/ (it is the one I have been using until now).
I have tried to run the installation of the SDK installer pointed to by http://www.realism-invictus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1375, but nothing happens when I try to run it, both when doing a basic run, run as admin, run from cmd, run from bash (including with as sudo), so I am not sure where to go from here, as the problem persists.
I did also try running the 2003 toolkit installer and get the extra .lib's, but that didn't change anything noticeable in the build log.
For thunderbird I am indeed trying to build the from the source as it is on SVN (from a version some weeks old), with the main changes being in the makefile setting paths. I need to ensure that I can compile the original before I try to add changes if I am going to have a chance of tracking down the problems.

I installed the SDK pointed to by https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/a-simple-guide-to-compiling-the-dll.405444/ (it is the one I have been using until now).
I have tried to run the installation of the SDK installer pointed to by http://www.realism-invictus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1375, but nothing happens when I try to run it, both when doing a basic run, run as admin, run from cmd, run from bash (including with as sudo), so I am not sure where to go from here, as the problem persists.
I did also try running the 2003 toolkit installer and get the extra .lib's, but that didn't change anything noticeable in the build log.
For thunderbird I am indeed trying to build the from the source as it is on SVN (from a version some weeks old), with the main changes being in the makefile setting paths. I need to ensure that I can compile the original before I try to add changes if I am going to have a chance of tracking down the problems.
I see. The first guide gives you the SDK package directly, but it’s for x86 architecture. If your system is 64-bits, you need to download the 64-bit SDK installer, as the guide from RI points out. I myself didn’t get the x86 installer to work either. You should choose PSDK-amd64.exe when you download from the MS site. During installation, go for a custom installation:
When you run the installer, you'll want to do a custom install so that you can avoid installing unnecessary components. The only two components out of the entire SDK that you need to install are the tools and the 32-bit build environment. We'll be building a 32-bit DLL so select the 32-bit component even on 64-bit systems:
  • Microsoft Windows Core SDK / Tools
  • Microsoft Windows Core SDK / Build Environment / Build Environment (x86 32-bit)
You did it right on the VC2003 toolkit part. That build log tells me it’s found the Windows include files incompatible, but I’m not sure how, if they were provided by the guide author so they should at least work on his system.

Last edited:
This is what worked for me BUT again, there were some very specific issues to running such an old program architecture that I really had a tough time with. I had to do a number of searches to find solutions to some of the compile errors I was getting with 2017.

I asked about if you'd made any adjustments to the code because:
is a common programming error to miss a ; on an ending of a line. You got a lot of these and I was wondering if they are actually real errors in the code where you might have adjusted things. If you aren't making any code changes yet, which is wise when trying to setup the compiling process, then that's obviously not the issue and what you have a problem with is something else.

WHAT you have a problem with is difficult to sort out. In a case like this, take the error codes like : error C2144 and search for that term on google. Sometimes you'll be amazed what solutions you'll find. I also note that you're using WinNT, so some setup items may be very specific problems with the platform you're running on. Win10 was one of the reasons I had trouble and also some things have probably been updated to be fixed for 2017 since I took the steps I had to take. There were some very specific settings I needed to ensure I was using in VS to get things to compile properly when I updated. It was from searching for information regarding my error codes that I got any insights. And from some folks here, but I can't recall where those discussions were... the latest bug thread some 50 - 100 pages back I think. Sorry... discussions get lost on here quick.

I see. The first guide gives you the SDK package directly, but it’s for x86 architecture. If your system is 64-bits, you need to download the 64-bit SDK installer, as the guide from RI points out. I myself didn’t get the x86 installer to work either. You should choose PSDK-amd64.exe when you download from the MS site. During installation, go for a custom installation:
[...]
I did try to use all 3 installers, the iter-something and x86 came up with errors more or less telling that they weren't compatible with my system. When I tried to run the x64 it showed it showed the system to be working and then it stoped after some time, as if it was done (based on what happened in command line interface, when clicking on them it was just perceived as nothing happening), and I was unable to find it in task manager.
It does make some sense that it wouldn't be happy about a wrong architecture.

For thunderbrd, I assume I am running windows 10. That code that comes up with errors are the windows SDK I got from the guide, and it is possible that either the original or the poster was running winNT. Another possibility has to do with winNT just being a programming name in the windowsSDK.

That code that comes up with errors are the windows SDK I got from the guide, and it is possible that either the original or the poster was running winNT. Another possibility has to do with winNT just being a programming name in the windowsSDK.
From its contents (Windows.h, delegating to sdkddkver.h), I find it is for Win Vista.

When I tried to run the x64 it showed it showed the system to be working and then it stoped after some time, as if it was done (based on what happened in command line interface, when clicking on them it was just perceived as nothing happening), and I was unable to find it in task manager.
Sorry, I don't quite get what you were saying. PSDK-amd64.exe extracts and runs a Microsoft Installer, did this installation process finish properly?
2019-05-12 (16).png
If you did get past this stage and tried again to build, what are the output messages again?

Last edited:
What I mean is that I executed the PSDK-amd64.exe file, but no installer window showed up, and that the execution was comparable to running a small program with no visible IO.

I also note that you're using WinNT, so some setup items may be very specific problems with the platform you're running on. Win10 was one of the reasons I had trouble and also some things have probably been updated to be fixed for 2017 since I took the steps I had to take.
Almost all the operating systems from Microsoft is of the "Windows NT" family.

Windows 95, 98 and "Me" were not of the Windows NT family.
All other Microsoft OS's made after win 95 are of the Windows NT family.

There was two or three operating systems before Windows 95 that were also of the Windows NT family, they all had "NT" in their names.

Last edited:
What I mean is that I executed the PSDK-amd64.exe file, but no installer window showed up, and that the execution was comparable to running a small program with no visible IO.

Ok. I'll upload a package here. This includes only needed files like the SDK package from that simple guide. I realize that the SDK installer is never needed. You can copy these files to anywhere you want.

Forgot to mention that I saw this:
Code:
Error running SubWCRev
Set up Tortoise path like TORTOISE="C:\Program files\TortoiseSVN"

When I use the Vista (presumably) SDK from the guide you linked to, it outputs the same errors as I try to build. With 2003 SDK (the package I upload here) it doesn't.
Spoiler The same faulty build output :
Code:
1>Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 14.16.27027.1
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
1>
1>SubWCRev: 'C:\GOG Games\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Sources'
1>Last committed at revision 10571
1>Updated to revision 10571
1>Local modifications found
1>Unversioned items found
1>   "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe" /nologo /MD /Zi /O2 /Oy /Oi /G7 /DNDEBUG /DFINAL_RELEASE /Fp"Final_Release\CvGameCoreDLL.pch" /Fd"./Final_Release/" /GR /Gy /W3 /EHsc /arch:SSE2 /Gd /Gm- /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCVGAMECOREDLL_EXPORTS /Yu"CvGameCoreDLL.h" /Zm200 /DXERCES_STATIC_LIBRARY /D_MOD_SENTRY /D_MOD_FRACTRADE /D_MOD_GOVWORKERS /DQC_MASTERY_VICTORY /DLOG_AI /D_MOD_GWARM /D_MOD_SHAM_SPOILER /DC2C_BUILD /DMULTI_FEATURE_MOD /IBoost-1.32.0/include /IPython24/include /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/include" /I"C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK/Include" /I"C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK/Include/mfc" /I"C:\GOGGAM~1\CIVILI~1\Civ4\BEYOND~1\CvGameCoreDLL\Boost-1.32.0/include" /I"C:\GOGGAM~1\CIVILI~1\Civ4\BEYOND~1\CvGameCoreDLL\Python24/include" /I"./xerces-c-3.1.1-x86-windows-vc-7.1/src" /YcCvGameCoreDLL.h /Fo"Final_Release\_precompile.obj" /c _precompile.cpp
1>_precompile.cpp
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include\sal.h(708): warning C4068: unknown pragma
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include\sal.h(1472): warning C4068: unknown pragma
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(797): error C2144: syntax error : 'unsigned int' should be preceded by ';'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(797): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(812): error C2144: syntax error : 'unsigned int' should be preceded by ';'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(812): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(812): error C2086: 'int __inner_checkReturn' : redefinition
1>        C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(796) : see declaration of '__inner_checkReturn'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(3839): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'DWORD'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(3839): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(3839): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>        C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinNT.h(796) : see declaration of '__inner_checkReturn'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12156): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12156): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12156): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12164): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12164): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12164): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12212): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12212): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12212): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12223): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12223): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12223): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12233): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12233): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12233): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12254): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12254): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12254): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12263): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12263): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12263): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12283): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_POOL'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12283): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12283): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12315): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_CLEANUP_GROUP'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12315): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12315): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12456): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12456): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12456): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12467): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_WORK'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12467): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12467): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12500): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_TIMER'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12500): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12500): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12543): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_WAIT'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12543): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12543): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12578): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PTP_IO'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12578): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinBase.h(12578): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(9820): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'HCERTSTORE'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(9820): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(9820): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13493): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13493): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13493): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13530): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'BOOL'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13530): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\WinCrypt.h(13530): error C2370: '__inner_checkReturn' : redefinition; different storage class
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2501: '__inner_checkReturn' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2086: 'int __inner_checkReturn' : redefinition
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): warning C4091: '__declspec(dllimport ) ' : ignored on left of 'int' when no variable is declared
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): error C2144: syntax error : 'HRESULT' should be preceded by ';'
1>C:\Users\_\Documents\WindowsSDK\include\ObjBase.h(640): fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found
1>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\bin\cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'
1>Stop.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v150\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(49,5): error MSB3073: The command "nmake Final_Release_clean
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v150\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(49,5): error MSB3073: nmake Final_Release" exited with code 2.
1>Done building project "C2C(VS2017).vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Attachments

• Microsoft Platform SDK trim.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Top Bottom