Ukas

Pthooey of Tomainia
"Interior sounds clang back and forth
unable to escape
walls contained by more walls
callous, concrete, obdurate
built to remind insiders
of their lovelessness"

I think it's about time there's be a place we can put our naughty citizens to better their evil ways and lust for crime. :evil:

Era specific serie of correctional facilities which I chose to call prisons. 3 famous and a Finnish one. Last one mostly because I could make an easy cut from a photo for a chance. There weren't that many pics of modern prisons.

I suggest prison could reduce corruption and/or war weariness. At least in Finland young men who choose not to serve in the military or even as substitute in the civil service will be sentenced to prison, Riihimäki or someplace else. :hammer:

Buildings are: Carcer of Rome, Bastille of Paris, Alcatraz of San Francisco, Riihimäki prison of Riihimäki.

Have fun,

Ukas

Here they are:

Attachments

• prison.zip
    150.9 KB · Views: 570
Nice graphics Ukas :thumbsup:

You could add another elment to the jail that allows the country who takes the city holding the jail to automaticly create prisoners units for a few turns, who work for their side. Nice work anyways.

Better yet, it can be used as a "rehabilitation center" wonder. It would generate worker units every 5 turns with regular stats. The Slave worker animations that come with C3C can be used for that, I'd say.

Spincrus, that is a great idea. But instead of the slave worker, let just make a custom worker wearing bright orange jumpsuit with chains on his feet.

This could be made a regular city structure that can be built in any city. It would reduce corruption along the lines of a police station.

Maybe make it require a police station to be built, and have the effect of "double the effectiveness of police stations".

I find the pastels for the modern era prison amusing.... obviously that's one of those minimum security "resorts" for the rich I hear about... :lol:

Looks like where Martha Stewart's going.

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
I find the pastels for the modern era prison amusing.... obviously that's one of those minimum security "resorts" for the rich I hear about... :lol:

My military service was right next to that prison. I don't remember it looking that cozy although I do recognize it. :lol:

Good work Ukas. :)

Another excellent set of additions, Ukas! :goodjob:

@Yeti -- unfortunately, Wonders can only double Happiness, not overall effectriveness (e.g., reducing corruption). (Of course, if you're talking about making it a second Improvement requiring a Police Station, that would work simply by giving it the same benefits as the Police Station.)

Best,

Oz

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
Looks like where Martha Stewart's going.
:rotfl: so true...

Originally posted by Mobilize
Very nice, Alcatraz (3rd one) is my favorite. I've been there and sailed around it so many times..
Sailed around it? I heard the waters of San Francisco are quite polluted and all. How do you manage to have a nice sail through the smell? Or am I just completely wrong?

I used to sail in Istanbul, where the water used to be really polluted, but the two governors in a row did huge effort to clean the water up, and succeeded tremendously.

Originally posted by Rirse
Spincrus, that is a great idea. But instead of the slave worker, let just make a custom worker wearing bright orange jumpsuit with chains on his feet.

YES! the guys that clean the highways! they could have the little trash spears and bags when they clean pollution!

OR.... it could be a MF unit! a bunch of them, and a state trooper with the wide brim hat and shotgun!

I think you are completely wrong SpincruS. I don't think the bay is that polluted. I've sailed throughout in a sail boat and I have been on several scientific vessels all throughout the bay.

However, around the Marin Naval Base there is some stench but most people do not sail around there because of all the navy ships which are left there to rot and because it is consisted of wetlands.

Around Alcatraz, Angel Island, and the Golden Gate it is much different. It's one of the most beautiful sights I've seen. Especially while there's a storm and the boat nearly tips over and theres nice gray skies and fog.. spectacular as well as going under the Golden Gate.

I've never been to Istanbul so I can't really relate.. well maybe with the water around San Diego and Tijuana which is dirty and smells like ****... sewage from Tijuana.. uck!

Great, we got a school, a castle, a Playgound, and a Golf resort.

Top Bottom