Building nuclear weapons after WC Ban?

TheOneHitPupper

Chieftain
Is there anyway to reenable nuclear weapons if a Civ is embargoed at the World Congress? Specifically thinking rogue states like North Korea would be a real world example. It would be a nice counterweight to barring nations from world trade imo.

I'm poking around some of the lua events but I'm not sure what to go off for something like this. If it helps, I am using the latest (beta) Community Patch's DLL. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately seems like you can't do this using Lua alone. The relevant UI code is in "UI\InGame\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua", that's where all the units/buildings/projects/wonders are added to the selection list and all the Lua-side checks are. But even after circumventing those checks I was unable to get the game to queue something or buy it.
Looking at the released source code, the CvGame::cityPushOrder and CvGame::CityPurchase methods that are being called from the Lua script are in turn calling methods from gDLL, which don't have source code provided. The only way in which it might be possible is by editing CvPlayer::canTrain, because that's where the World Congress resolution check is - that's assuming this method is the one used by gDLL to verify that a unit is eligible for production/purchase.

Top Bottom