1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

BULL text message error

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by Koichi, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Koichi

Koichi Chieftain

Hi I've just installed BULL and I'm in trouble so please someone can help me out.

I recently bought Civ 4 BtS 3.19 at Steam.
    I followed the readme file and installed BULL after I installed BUG, which worked pretty fine.
    BULL seems working fine as Advanced Combat Odds in the BUG option can be turned on/off.
    However, when I look at the odds, the text message has an error with strange pink rectangles and the unreadable text, like shown in the screenshot attached here.

My PC runs Japanese Windows 7, and I used to have a problem in text messages shown in the game before any mods installed. That's because some xml files had some funny characters probably because they don't understand some letters from German, French or Italian.
    As I remember this, I look at the xml files in BULL folders and fixed a bug. But I'm still having the problem.

How can I solve this bug?

Attached Files:

2. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Smarticus Pantsidae

The only thing that I can think of is that BULL is missing a pointer to some graphics files. That's usually why you see pink in the game. It usually means that the game can't find the needed graphics that the XML is pointing to.

One of two things is happening:

1. The BULL install/merge left out a graphics file for ACO
    2. You have non standard characters in your Windows user name and BULL can't deal with it.

I'm not sure how Steam handles it's Custom Assets issues, as I don't have Civ4 for Steam, but check that all of the graphics files were copied over for the BULL install.