Buying the DLC content

mgbx4

Warlord
Okay I first bought CiV Vanilla when it came out, also got one free DL that I think everyone got, I also bought G&K and I like it so much that I want to buy more DLC's

My Question is, is there like a bundle or "season pass" to buy them all? Im trying to get more Civs to play with, or every single DLC is totally different, I just saw one Bundle at the Steam Stored but really couldnt see what I was getting, thanks for the help in clearing this out in advance :p

AFAIK there is are the Korea-WOTA and the denmark-Explorer-pack-combos and the cradle of civilization bundle The combos are cheaper than both bought separately, also the cradle bundle is cheaper. If you want to save money wait for a sale. the DLC was up to -75% off regular price. If you had bought the last GOTY-Edition, all DLC but Korea/Wotaw would have been included. There are different DLCs some are map-packs and the others include civs/scenarios. While the explorer pack includes different maptypes the cradle of civilization packs are just one single map each. search for combo or cradle and you will find the special offers.

AFAIK there is are the Korea-WOTAW and the Spain-Inca-bundles. You cannot get the Incans without buying the bundle. But the Spanish are included in the G&K. The Korea-Wotaw-Bundle is cheaper than both bought separately. If you want to save money wait for a sale. the DLC was up to -75% off regular price.

Okay I probably wait till I finish my current game(I usually play a single game for about 2-3months lol, I played on marthon/huge maps:p) or in Xmas and see what deals they throw out there.

If you had bought the last GOTY-Edition, all DLC but Korea/Wotaw would have been included.

See I dont like this, when CiV came out I got it full price I belive $60(might be wrong) and now the GOTY edition is for $30 and they also getting DLC's for free, I think would be nice to people who got the game when just came out a discount or something :p as a reward for loyal customer, but sadly is not going to happen. Sometimes this is the reason why I dont buy some games till they get Special editions out, so I can get it cheaper and with all DLC free.

Thanks BTW, now I know what to look for :p Steam Shop is not really friendly user :p lol at least to me

yeah they could have given a discountfor beta testing ;-)

As you answerd so quickly: search for combo and cradle and you will find the special offers. the cradle pack is 4 maps only!

Okay I probably wait till I finish my current game(I usually play a single game for about 2-3months lol, I played on marthon/huge maps:p) or in Xmas and see what deals they throw out there.

See I dont like this, when CiV came out I got it full price I belive $60(might be wrong) and now the GOTY edition is for $30 and they also getting DLC's for free, I think would be nice to people who got the game when just came out a discount or something :p as a reward for loyal customer, but sadly is not going to happen. Sometimes this is the reason why I dont buy some games till they get Special editions out, so I can get it cheaper and with all DLC free.

Thanks BTW, now I know what to look for :p Steam Shop is not really friendly user :p lol at least to me

We all know that´s how it goes, stuff go on sale. Firaxis are pushing their CiV related stuff all the time. A company like Blizzard never ever put anything on sale.

But it can be overdone. The new XCom game I played the demo, it´s a good game I hear but didn´t really feel like buying and playing it.

So I thought what the hell, it´s Firaxis, it will be on at a 75% discount before you know it. On the other hand, I didn´t buy Starcraft 2 and I never will.

wait for Steam's christmas sale. they'll have all the DLC at 50% off and things like a 1-day deal at 75% off. so if you cant check everyday then wait for the 50% off deals. i usually drop $100 on 10+ games at their christmas sales, totally worth the wait on older games or GOTY versions.

Top Bottom