C2C Spanish Translation

Thanks, I am merging them now.

Just a small point - the reason the lighthouse improvement is called "A Lighthouse" rather than "Lighthouse" is because the pedia uses the actual text value to jump to a link and it then gets mixed up between the building "Lighthouse" and the improvement if the names are the same. I wont be making your suggested changes to that particular improvement for that reason. ;)

Excellent :D I didn't see that point, I will remember that for similar cases. Although, in my opinion that solution seems a bit dirty... The lighthouse improvement could be renamed to "Outer Lighthouse", "External Lighthouse" or so. Or you may rework it a bit, calling it "Coastal Watchtower" and giving it a defensive bonus, so the players can have the opportunity to dispose of a navy-only fort before unlocking the Transhuman era defensive improvements... Just an idea.

Nice :goodjob:
Are you also planning to translate the building/tech/unit names?

Thank you. Well, as I said in my earlier post, I don't have too much time for now, and sadly will have even less time (final exams...), so from now I'll fix errors that current translation has, along with updating future additions to core. And maybe in summer will do something with the Modules folder, translations will be easier since there are mostly building/unit names and their strategy texts, and less quote/event/UI texts.

I have merged all the translations now. I noticed that Thunderbrd has added a few more to the end his text file so they were missed when you did the translations. he also changed the last you translated, so you may want to revisit that file.

Excellent :D I didn't see that point, I will remember that for similar cases. Although, in my opinion that solution seems a bit dirty... The lighthouse improvement could be renamed to "Outer Lighthouse", "External Lighthouse" or so. Or you may rework it a bit, calling it "Coastal Watchtower" and giving it a defensive bonus, so the players can have the opportunity to dispose of a navy-only fort before unlocking the Transhuman era defensive improvements... Just an idea.

At the time I just could not come up with a name so went with the simplest.

The problem with your suggestion is that the lighthouses are only built on terrain that damages units sitting on them and you can't turn that damage off with terrain improvements. I have tried to do this in Python for both the beacon and lighthouse but it is not working at the moment.

Thank you. Well, as I said in my earlier post, I don't have too much time for now, and sadly will have even less time (final exams...), so from now I'll fix errors that current translation has, along with updating future additions to core. And maybe in summer will do something with the Modules folder, translations will be easier since there are mostly building/unit names and their strategy texts, and less quote/event/UI texts.

I was just wondering if you might overlook them or not ;) Take your time! But this would be an awesome way for me to learn spanish :mischief:

he also changed the last you translated, so you may want to revisit that file.
Always good for translators to check for those ones that have gone back to english. The reason for this is due to significant changes in the text and this is reversion is meant to be an indication to translators that they should be re-translated. I only do this when the difference IS significant.

I have merged all the translations now. I noticed that Thunderbrd has added a few more to the end his text file so they were missed when you did the translations. he also changed the last you translated, so you may want to revisit that file.

When will you release v35? Probably I'll do a small update before the release with all the changes until the release date.

At the time I just could not come up with a name so went with the simplest.

The problem with your suggestion is that the lighthouses are only built on terrain that damages units sitting on them and you can't turn that damage off with terrain improvements. I have tried to do this in Python for both the beacon and lighthouse but it is not working at the moment.

What a pity... I thought on "Coastal Lighthouse" too, but this would be a redundancy, as all lighthouses are built on coastal zones. Actually I don't have a better idea.

I was just wondering if you might overlook them or not ;) Take your time! But this would be an awesome way for me to learn spanish :mischief:

Hehe, feel free to advance with that, of course! I didn't change anything out of Assets/XML/Text folder on my internal copy yet, so I would merge the SVN changes if I eventually resume the translation. Furthermore, you can practice with pedia texts, since I won't translate them in many time; you would learn many more doing that. There are lots of learning Spanish resources in the Internet; even in this forum you may ask me any doubt, or also visit this post.

Top Bottom