C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Yeah maybe it has something to do with Dynamic XP option in BUG, so that should be disabled as it is a cheat/makes all to easy, i put that on first page into the installation instructions now. ("Dynamic XP" is off by default, as it should be)
Actually, it's playing with it OFF that I usually experience so many Battlefield promos...

Actually, it's playing with it OFF that I usually experience so many Battlefield promos...
Strange, because the way I see my EXP rising, it's clearly ON (goes by 0.01-s against weak animals, but can give 1-s in very daring survival fights). And I got a bunch of Free Promos.
In fact, I get Free Promos from EASY fights just as much. Wanderer -vs- Pigeon? Free Promo! Yeah...

In the UEM scenario you will get 1-3 free promos in about 800-1000 turns on one unit, dosent matter what you do and how much attacks you do. Maybe its the option "More XP needed to lvl".

As he dont got any free promo in the next 835 turns on that unit attacking more with the unit all is clear what he did. He just dont wanted to display his fail again, with such an easy killer unit every child can win the game.

But its a good way to make the game even harder, let's see how he can do without battlefield promotions, he can turn it off if its a bugged cheat for him if he can stay away from his reloading cheats and other cheats he can try again on a real hard challenge.

Last edited:
One can get more battlefield promotions by increasing the value of the global define called COMBAT_DIE_SIDES.
There are some strange things in the code, like having first strikes drastically reduce the chance of getting battlefield promotions for each extra first strike.
Chance to win battles does influence the odds of getting these free promotions.

One can get more battlefield promotions by increasing the value of the global define called COMBAT_DIE_SIDES.
There are some strange things in the code, like having first strikes drastically reduce the chance of getting battlefield promotions for each extra first strike.
Dude, you just fed him the perfect excuse to once again call ME a "cheater".
Never mind that I *DID NOT ALTER ANY OF THESE VARIABLES* - he won't BELIEVE that, because he's a DICK.
Wait, he ALREADY DID IT.
Right, such a surprise there.

Aren't battlefield promotions turned off by default? Never seen them in prior versions, and my v43 game of UEM has them turned off the options without my choosing anything.

Aren't battlefield promotions turned off by default? Never seen them in prior versions, and my v43 game of UEM has them turned off the options without my choosing anything.
It is off by default.
I consider the option a cheat, and it is not recommended unless one wants to make it easier to create a super unit that has 10-ish promotions more than it has levels. AI doesn't know how to maximize the effect of the option like a human player can.

You need 300 risk battles to get maybe 7 free promos as you dont get them on every battle, on nightmare you will loss your unit after 4 risky battles mostly with all promos. Someone can reload a lot to get some more promos after a risk battle if he lost his unit, but thats also cheating. (Reloading to get the outcome someone wants) On UEM 7 promos in first 400 turns without cheating is impossible. I think the option GAMEOPTION_MORE_XP_TO_LEVEL is slowing it down also in the UEM scenario.

1-3 battlefield promos on 1000 turns on different units is ok and fun as it is a nice lucky hit and benefit or if you get attacked hard and your unit survives lucky, so its a bit realistic like then you get a medal, but it is rare normally on the UEM scenario.

Last edited:
Strange, because the way I see my EXP rising, it's clearly ON (goes by 0.01-s against weak animals, but can give 1-s in very daring survival fights). And I got a bunch of Free Promos.
In fact, I get Free Promos from EASY fights just as much. Wanderer -vs- Pigeon? Free Promo! Yeah...
BECAUSE pigeons have VERY high retreat values that normally cannot be countered by pursuit because pigeons fly, so WINNING said fight was miraculous - unless you had given the pigeon no unthreatened tiles to run to in which case you still get the benefit of high unlikelihood of victory even though you negated its extreme otherwise chance of withdrawal. The more 'miraculous' the victory, the more likely the battlefield promotion. First strikes and stealth strikes should allow a pigeon to be felled before it can even try to retreat - they have very low XP so even a round of victory before the pigeon has a chance to flee and there you have it, the perception in the code of a miraculous victory because you hit it from a distance before it could even try to fly off.
In the UEM scenario you will get 1-3 free promos in about 800-1000 turns on one unit, dosent matter what you do and how much attacks you do. Maybe its the option "More XP needed to lvl".
Sure if you're only getting XP, but battlefield promos can happen and replace the XP gain regardless of how many XP you would get from a battle. BF promos also give you promotions without giving the unit a notation of level gain for receiving it, and they are therefore 'free' promos and can LOOK like some kind of cheat if you don't understand how it works.

Sure if you're only getting XP, but battlefield promos can happen and replace the XP gain regardless of how many XP you would get from a battle. BF promos also give you promotions without giving the unit a notation of level gain for receiving it, and they are therefore 'free' promos and can LOOK like some kind of cheat if you don't understand how it works.

I know, but as said that amount is impossible in the UEM scenario in the first 400 game turns without reloading a lot as the scenario is set up. If anybody else with over 100 message reports here that he was able to get 7 free promos in the first 400 turns in the preset UEM scenario on one unit i change the rules to turn off battle promotions. :thumbsup: He surely can explain why he got 0 free promos in the next 835 turns by attacking much more with the unit.

Try it by yourself if you got some time. :thumbsup: But no reloading! @Thunderbrd as USA in UEM. :woohoo:Game rules are at the first page under: "INSTALLATION AND USAGE". :)
Let's see how much free promos you can get in 400 turns on one unit. If you got more then 3 so 4 on one unit and the unit survives without reloading in the first 400 turns i change the rules to turn off battelfield promotions.

Last edited:
Wow, dissent in the MODDER ranks as well. One thinks it's a cheat, one thinks it works as it should. And the troll keeps trolling. WHATEVER.

We dont freak out like you if you fail, we are testing, thats why hundreds of bugs are fixed now and as thunderbird dont gamed the scenario he may not know how the scenario behaves. On normal games maybe, you already cheated by reloading a lot as we can see on your screenshots, exact the same recon/scouting of the world map, so its no question if you cheated or not, you did. Now its the question if there is a cheat bug for some gamers or not, then the scenario rules should be changed. But i dont think so as no one got more then 3 promos in the first 400 turns in the UEM scenario on one unit ever.

Explain why you dont got a free promotion in the next 835 turns? Its surely like your earlier save games, you cant upload them as you do only one save. :thumbsup:

So if there is any proof that it is possible to get more then 4 promos on one unit in the first 400 turns in the UEM scenario without reloading like hell then battle promotions should be turned off, but it still looks impossible without reloading a lot.

But it shows a way to make the UEM scenario even harder if needed.

Explain why you dont got a free promotion in the next 835 turns? Its surely like your earlier save games, you cant upload them as you do only one save. :thumbsup:
Except I *did* get a few. Or rather, just like YOU WERE TOLD BY A MODDER, it's the "risky attacks" that produce them more often - and guess WHICH units got them? The two "helpers" that didn't have any and were struggling to attack ANY comparably-strong units (almost always with terrain defense bonuses, no less). I did risk a few 60-70% attacks with those - and, lo and behold, they *did* get a couple Free Promos. And not even random ones, but related to which units they were struggling again (namely, both got [Shock] promos, aka "anti-Melee").
I could post a picture proof, but you would call it a "cheat" anyways, because you play with different BUG settings and/or never risk an attack of less than 90% victory prediction (you're welcome to prove me wrong on the latter assumption).
Try testing it by WB-ing some 10-20 baseline units and make them attack at odds of LESS than 50%. I'm pretty sure you'll get a Free Promo or a few, lol. Or just test with MORE units.

I'm not getting drawn into this but I can assure you that
But i dont think so as no one got more then 3 promos in the first 400 turns in the UEM scenario on one unit ever.
This is an idiotic statement because honestly every turn could easily be a level or at least an XP each once you get into a position where you can XP farm for a unit. It's not usually that hard to rack up a power unit. You haven't established 'BUG' option rules but apparently even Somebody is using the ones that are less advantageous than I do. There are so many different ways to do things, it's not surprising that one player may find themselves thinking another has 'cheated' because they went about things very differently.

Anyhow, at the moment I have absolutely no time to play and wouldn't play with these preset options myself anyhow.

This is an idiotic statement because honestly every turn could easily be a level or at least an XP each once you get into a position where you can XP farm for a unit. It's not usually that hard to rack up a power unit. You haven't established 'BUG' option rules but apparently even Somebody is using the ones that are less advantageous than I do. There are so many different ways to do things, it's not surprising that one player may find themselves thinking another has 'cheated' because they went about things very differently.

Anyhow, at the moment I have absolutely no time to play and wouldn't play with these preset options myself anyhow.

I think the gameoption GAMEOPTION_MORE_XP_TO_LEVEL will reduce the amount of battle promotions you get, i farm XP a lot but you never get battle promotions in UEM that easy. I run 20 games and took a lot of risky battles also.

But i will clearly state the rules later for gamers that want to take the challenge now and turn battle promotions completely off, it will make the scenario even harder a bit.

I think the gameoption GAMEOPTION_MORE_XP_TO_LEVEL will reduce the amount of battle promotions you get, i farm XP a lot but you never get battle promotions in UEM that easy. I run 20 games and took a lot of risky battles also.

But i will clearly state the rules later for gamers that want to take the challenge now and turn battle promotions completely off, it will make the scenario even harder a bit.
1. I'm using YOUR game options UNCHANGED (except for turning Events OFF, which is irrelevant to this topic and SUGGESTED by MODDERS). And scenarios CAN'T affect BUG Options.
2. @Pit2015 : "How to make everyone's game play experience on my scenario even MORE insufferable? Hmmm... Lemme think again, hehehe." Nuff said. You SUCK.

Yeah, sorry, won't involve you further (or I'll try not to, lol). Thanks for your help explaining stuff, anyways.

It's interesting to observe how Pit with some effortless teasing is getting Somebody to fall for it completely and go into full meltdown mode.
Yes, that cockfighting is hilarious to watch :D

I think the gameoption GAMEOPTION_MORE_XP_TO_LEVEL will reduce the amount of battle promotions you get
I don't believe so. All that option does is require more experience points to gain a level. I should know. I programmed it. That's the only thing it does at all.

And if you turn off battlefield promos, you're just giving the units that would've otherwise gained a battlefield promo from a fight more XP to level with, though yes, at that point, 'More XP to Level' would matter.

Top Bottom