1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C - UEM - Ultimate Earth Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Pit2015, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Pit2015

Pit2015 Chieftain

@Toffer90 Heres my latest save with latest svn and your modmod overwirted. Plz load it and let me know if the domestic advisor sceen is loading for you. Then its svn problem, otherwise it may be to mutch citys or something, also i dont need domestic advisor to mutch.

Attached Files:

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

No, because the lingering files would be in the working copy which is not an SVN folder that you can perform clean up on.

Best practice is to delete the entire working copy of the mod with the exception of the UserSettings folder before using the export function to fill up the mod folder again.
    Domestic advisor works just fine for me on that save; though I doubt the issue is caused by any recent SVN changes.
    Might be a special case on your system that breaks the python code.

Have you turned on python debug logging?
    I'm sure there are errors that are logged when you try to open the domestic advisor.

CivilizationIV.ini
    ; Enable the logging system
    LoggingEnabled = 1

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018 at 4:24 PM
    KaTiON_PT likes this.
  3. Pit2015

Pit2015 Chieftain

Where is the logging recorded?

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

There's a shortcut to it in the C2C folder, but it should be here:
    "\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\PythonErr.log"

The only important log file for python errors is: PythonErr.log

5. Pit2015

Pit2015 Chieftain

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1078, in handleInput

File "CvMainInterface", line 5449, in handleInput

File "CvScreensInterface", line 133, in showDomesticAdvisor

File "CvDomesticAdvisor", line 358, in interfaceScreen

File "CvDomesticAdvisor", line 1689, in loadPages

File "CvDomesticAdvisor", line 1501, in save

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\\beyond the sword\\Mods\\Caveman2Cosmos\\UserSettings\\CustomDomAdv\\CustomDomAdv.txt"
    ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface
    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1078, in handleInput

File "CvMainInterface", line 5449, in handleInput

File "CvScreensInterface", line 133, in showDomesticAdvisor

File "CvDomesticAdvisor", line 358, in interfaceScreen

File "CvDomesticAdvisor", line 1689, in loadPages

File "CvDomesticAdvisor", line 1501, in save

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\\beyond the sword\\Mods\\Caveman2Cosmos\\UserSettings\\CustomDomAdv\\CustomDomAdv.txt"
    ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface

I will try to copy that file from my old usersetting... these 4 files are not rebuildd when you delete user settings folder, maybe you need to know that screenshot... i manualy copy them now from my old folder.

Thats because old foldername was CustomDomAdv now its DomesticAdv can you upload here what you got in your DomesticAdv folder in usersettings folder?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018 at 4:44 PM
  6. Pit2015

Pit2015 Chieftain

I need the files in your DomesticAdv folder in UserSettings folder. Foldername was changed in the past as it looks like.

7. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I see the problem now, I've managed to revert one of the files I modified in v0.5.9.6.7.3 back to how it was in v0.5.9.6.7.2 by mistake in one of the updates after v0.5.9.6.7.3.

I'll upload a new version of the modmod asap.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018 at 5:11 PM
    raxo2222 likes this.
  8. Pit2015

Pit2015 Chieftain

I just copyed the folder CustomDomAdv from my old user settings to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\UserSettings and now it works fine.

Yes you can fix that in a new version.

9. Pit2015

Pit2015 Chieftain

@Toffer90 In vanilla its displayed wich units are on wich ship, three units behind the loading ship, can you do something there in PPIO to display the units like in vanilla so the gamer knows wich unit is on wich ship?

2. Screenshot: Thiefs in citys are visible without having a unit there that can see them like dogs... sucks a bit, if you want to change that. Well cant attack them but see them without spotter unit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 8:47 AM
  10. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Something I've overlooked, I'll look into that. ^^

11. Pit2015

Pit2015 Chieftain

BUG/PROBLEM:

Fortify until healed red cross button is missing also, i need that so i dont forget units after they healed completly. Will try if H key works...

Fortify until healed button works for ships, but not for land units.

Hmm some units have the Fortify until healed button others dont have it, i dont see whats causing this...

Edit:

Edit ok i see the problem, Fortify until healed button dont works in taiga and desert terrain, in vanilla it works. Even pressing H dont works, you want it this way or bug? Pressing H will make the unit move towards next terrein they can do Fortify until healed.

15% Damage per turn in taiga and desert terrain??? Bug/Problem or SVN update? BUG option? Screenshot...

Edit2:

Ok sloved, after installing PPIO tell the gamer to go to "BUG", then "caveman2cosmos" then disable "Terrain Damage", now the heal button works fine again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 2:12 PM
  12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

I think Terrain Damage being on is default value.

13. Pit2015

Pit2015 Chieftain

@raxo2222 Can you or someone do a option to disable all naval units sea and ocean plot movement restrictions or all water plot restrictions? So the gamer can game without that restriction?

14. arihant

arihant Chieftain

I decided to put roman empire on ice and start a new game as Hirorito on deity difficulty with lastest SVN version. Lets see how far i can go this time :)
    BTW why japan start with almost 10k gold? Bug or something else? See in attached picture also with my game options. Tried new one: Win for losing, not sure how strong it is.

Here are some suggestions for your map, i hope you can think about mirror changes:
    1 please erase portugal, i would rather play without them than to see them in africa
    2 maybe move a london one tile more on north
    3 move moscow 2 tiles on east, its too close to europe, i know its geographically right but let more space for european civilizations to spread
    4 erase summerian, they are too far from orginal place and we cant have 2 civilization on same spot (babylon civ), assyrian are little off too but i can live with it :)
    5 please connect peninsula of Anatolia with europe by land, we talked about it before, but i think it can spark new wars europe civs vs africa and middle east, it will give more importance to ottomans
    6 any chance to add some civilisation into middle of asia? Maybe uzbek or someone else.

When i reach australia or america i will add more suggestions.

Sorry for my english and spelling :)

Attached Files:

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I did not used to be the default. The original default for Terrain Damage was Off.

16. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

I guess it was changed.
    @Toffer90 or @Thunderbrd could made it on as default.

17. Pit2015

Pit2015 Chieftain

Will think about these points, here are some minor changes i did for later upcomming UEM 3.8 already (You can do that in WB in your running games if you want):

Downgrading is profitable enabled
    One turquis resource placed in north america SW desert to make anasazi culture possible
    Nukoro atol wonder placed in see not on land
    Unpasable ICE in Greenland landmass removed

Thinking about to change Katherina to Stalin

Here are some suggestions for your map, i hope you can think about mirror changes:
    1 please erase portugal, i would rather play without them than to see them in africa
    No they are on the canarian islands, historycally they had them.

2 maybe move a london one tile more on north
    Have to look into

3 move moscow 2 tiles on east, its too close to europe, i know its geographically right but let more space for european civilizations to spread
    Possible

4 erase summerian, they are too far from orginal place and we cant have 2 civilization on same spot (babylon civ), assyrian are little off too but i can live with it :)
    No they are moved out a bit to prevent overgrowed arreas

5 please connect peninsula of Anatolia with europe by land, we talked about it before, but i think it can spark new wars europe civs vs africa and middle east, it will give more importance to ottomans
    No you need a ship to cross the bosboros straight, early transportships will do, its coastal water there

6 any chance to add some civilisation into middle of asia? Maybe uzbek or someone else.
    Have to look into that

BTW why japan start with almost 10k gold?
    All AI was given 10k starting gold sometimes, maybe i forgot to remove it for them, so small bug, they just a bit richer. :) Will change that in UEM 3.8

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 12:02 PM
  18. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

This is what you get for not checking player/team definitions after saving.
    Players/AI may get gold if they are first to discover natural wonder.
    I'm not sure about handicaps.

19. Pit2015

Pit2015 Chieftain

Just a small bug i think, i gave all AI starting gold before some time i did not removed that for japan. They will get 500 gold for Mt. Fukushima.

What about the option to remove naval sea and ocean plots movement restrictions, can you or someone do this? So i will enable this via WB at a point and all civs can sail sea and oceans... the techs what make that possible to far away.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 12:11 PM
  20. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Well not possible, unless you edited units movement range or gave promo that adds movement point to sea units.