C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Just me but that impatience just then pops the bubble early enough that it makes the modern+ less interesting by the time you get there. Where it's at you feel it's well earned once you reach it, which is good because the Ren and Industrial eras can be boring as hell if you aren't expanding a lot during that period.

When you can travel the oceans by about turn 2000 then you can found colonys in africa and so on as letz say USA, makes later era's more interesting, you need to defend it and you have to do alot more in later eras all over the globe when you can manage to build a super power will be very intersting. If you wait tooo long then all room to found colonys is gone. Also AI can do that if they dont have room and movment ways left, they can still found citys with ships far away, makes sense because AI can expand longer also if they get trapped with no more land available to them. You cant create endless citys fast, you need gold and UEM has alot of room also. But you can found strategic citys = more interesting gameplay also.

Last edited:
Just me but that impatience just then pops the bubble early enough that it makes the modern+ less interesting by the time you get there. Where it's at you feel it's well earned once you reach it, which is good because the Ren and Industrial eras can be boring as hell if you aren't expanding a lot during that period.
I absolutelly agrre.
When you can travel the oceans by about turn 2000 then you can found colonys in africa and so on as letz say USA, makes later era's more interesting, you need to defend it and you have to do alot more in later eras all over the globe when you can manage to build a super power will be very intersting. If you wait tooo long then all room to found colonys is gone. Also AI can do that if they dont have room and movment ways left, they can still found citys with ships far away, makes sense because AI can expand longer also if they get trapped with no more land available to them. You cant create endless citys fast, you need gold and UEM has alot of room also. But you can found strategic citys = more interesting gameplay also.
Pit learn some patience, good things dont come fast. Look at that from different angle. When you are small civilizatian and dont want too early any advanced civilization on your shore. Your style of game is different, but dont change rules because of it.

Last edited:
Just takes to long, more interesting gameplay to found colonys/outposts and so on so i put the coastal way arround the world, meens you can make early contacts and some colonys/outposts, but you have to go long ways a while, now i make seafaring to give all larger ships the availability to enter ocean plots, meens arround turn 1600 - 2000 on eternity you can travel everywhere without going long costal ways and discover the oceans and found colonys/outposts on islands and you can do trade in time on eternity.
What about using a different gamespeed? :)

What about using a different gamespeed? :)

Faster gamespeed = Faster city building = All room gone fast. So will not help, will take me 100-200 truns in my current game to reach seafaring now and i am on turn 1508, alot of techs have been added. Seafaring works fine with my changes and there still some room for colonys and outposts then, you can be patiently waiting for the higher naval units later. :)

Maybe a option can be done like "Earlyer ocean exploration" that implement my changes as option so the gamer can select the option if he want, others that dont want it can wait so long until all room is gone, also will make the game harder because AI can expand even if they have no land free anymore, works also good with my coastal way a bit but this will be expanded after seafaring is researched. Japan already has colonys in indonesia with coastal way. If they had no option to expand further the AI will be limited. Also imagine you cant build enouth citys by seafaring to get all of your continent, so a AI can come and found colonys on your continent, you have to recon and keep an eye on free room near you and again more intersting gameplay.

Faster gamespeed = Faster city building. So will not help, will take me 100-200 truns in my current game to reach seafaring now and i am on turn 1508, alot of techs have been added. Seafaring works fine with my changes and there still some room for colonys and outposts then, you can be patiently waiting for the higher naval units later. :)

Maybe a option can be done like "Earlyer ocean exploration" that implement my changes as option so the gamer can select the option if he want, others that dont want it can wait so long until all room is gone, also will make the game harder because AI can expand even if they have no land free anymore, works also good with my coastal way a bit but this will be expanded after seafaring is researched.
If someone made 100 k turn game option would you play it? :p

Eternity is perfect for UEM, i can research a higher tech now in about 15 turns. No longer time needed. :crazyeye::)
Hmm your research speed is bit fast - it should take about 20 - 21 turns to research tech.

Hmm your research speed is bit fast - it should take about 20 - 21 turns to research tech.

Normaly it is about that, but iam overstraining my gold currently and i am on 100%, but normaly i cant pay this, its financed by trade and war, but if i loos my best trade partner i will be in trouble.

Stuff i want to know...

1. What does promotion "+1 First Strike" do exactly and how is it displayed? In combat animation first hit?

2. Screenshot red mark, what does promotion "Exerts a Zone of Control" do exactly?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0324.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0324.JPG
    714.9 KB · Views: 136
Stuff i want to know...

1. What does promotion "+1 First Strike" do exactly and how is it displayed? In combat animation first hit?

2. Screenshot red mark, what does promotion "Exerts a Zone of Control" do exactly?
A first strike is a free attack round of combat where the unit can attack but it's opponent cannot (though first strikes counter each other so all that's really counted is the number of first strikes a unit has over its opponent.) In C2C, unless playing with Vanilla combat on, this can make a BIG difference if your unit can hit the opponent because hits weaken wounded units in future rounds of combat. Combats are decided on a sequence of rounds - you don't see these happen unless you look at the combat log where it is more fully described blow by blow what happened in the last combat.

A zone of control makes it so that enemy units cannot move from one adjacent tile to the zone's source to another tile adjacent to the zone's source directly. You (assuming you are the enemy) can move into an adjacent tile to the zone of control but not if you START in an adjacent tile already.

A first strike is a free attack round of combat where the unit can attack but it's opponent cannot (though first strikes counter each other so all that's really counted is the number of first strikes a unit has over its opponent.) In C2C, unless playing with Vanilla combat on, this can make a BIG difference if your unit can hit the opponent because hits weaken wounded units in future rounds of combat. Combats are decided on a sequence of rounds - you don't see these happen unless you look at the combat log where it is more fully described blow by blow what happened in the last combat.

A zone of control makes it so that enemy units cannot move from one adjacent tile to the zone's source to another tile adjacent to the zone's source directly. You (assuming you are the enemy) can move into an adjacent tile to the zone of control but not if you START in an adjacent tile already.

Ok thanks. What is when my general has +1 first strike promotion? Then every unit he send to attack will get +1 first strike or only one unit in that turn?

Ok thanks. What is when my general has +1 first strike promotion? Then every unit he send to attack will get +1 first strike or only one unit in that turn?
All those that fight under his command. The first units to fight in a round within his zone of command are influenced by him. The amount of units that can be influenced by him is the command strength... there's a term for it I don't recall atm. Commander promotions are available that increase this command volume. Once the maximum number of units have been influenced by the commander in a round, the rest are on their own. You can overwhelm a stack with a powerful commander with lots of cheap lemming units to eat up the command influence before sending in your best to really fight.

Yep i know that, a good general is needed to survive. But again do you know +1 first strike commander promotion = for every unit until his control points are used up in this turn or only +1 first strike for one unit per turn under his command? Will meen if i have a general with 10 units and 10 control points then he will give +1 extra strikes for all 10 units a turn? Yep... if so its powerfull.

Last edited:
City combat does not stop first strikes, however they don't take place during stealth combats. Chances aren't as powerful as absolutes. IIRC there's about a 50% chance of a first strike with each 'chance' of one.

@Toffer90 Got bug here after last SVN updated, what to do now? Screenshot...

Attachments

• c2cbug.jpg
    c2cbug.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 140
@Toffer90 Got bug here after last SVN updated, what to do now? Screenshot...
Erm, not a bug, you have a modified files in the SVN folder; and there has been a change in the SVN content that the SVN server does not know how to merge with your modified files.
Run the "clean up" command on your SVN folder, check all the boxes when promted about the clean up procedure...

Erm, not a bug, you have a modified files in the SVN folder; and there has been a change in the SVN content that the SVN server does not know how to merge with your modified files.
Run the "clean up" command on your SVN folder, check all the boxes when promted about the clean up procedure...

Thats because of your user settings svn update, i can delete these files but have i to set the options new then? And is it needed to recopy PPIO now? (I changed nothing in user settings and nothing in pyton, red lines in screenshot, only the domestic advisor folder i copyed a while ago because you changed there something.)

I dont know if deleting these pyton files will make problems, SVN will recopy them also?

Well i will try later to delete these red files and SVN should recopy them with update.

Well i will try later to delete these red files and SVN should recopy them with update.
You can also right click on them and select 'use theirs' but it will destroy your local changes so you might want to first save the original you have and do a compare after, or do a compare now, right click and select compare... see if you can figure out how to do that ;)

Top Bottom