C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

This kinda deserves a different thread I think.
Yeah, but since we are waiting for others opinion I posted what those ordinances do, and suggested boosting of crime/flammability reducing ordinances.

Interesting proposal. I'd like to hear what others think on this matter first.

I dont know. :) Just back from alot of work, i go to advance my nation now... best you can do to relax. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yeah, but since we are waiting for others opinion I posted what those ordinances do, and suggested boosting of crime/flammability reducing ordinances.
I'm not saying that's bad, I'm saying we should bring this discussion up on its own thread so that more folks will see it and comment.

I'm not saying that's bad, I'm saying we should bring this discussion up on its own thread so that more folks will see it and comment.
would be nice, thanks

Now i feel like trade genius, but something is obviously wrong when trade units, see in picture
they value obsolete and less experienced enforcer unit more than 3x stronger unit

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0126.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0126.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 42
would be nice, thanks

Now i feel like trade genius, but something is obviously wrong when trade units, see in picture
they value obsolete and less experienced enforcer unit more than 3x stronger unit
I really wish we could just remove this feature. Whoever programmed the valuation of it did a rotten job and I'm not all that interested in trying to improve it.

I really wish we could just remove this feature. Whoever programmed the valuation of it did a rotten job and I'm not all that interested in trying to improve it.
Let's remove it then, I want it gone if it's not easy to improve.
Is there any python code involved in this? I can help if it is needed.

I guess unit trading was broken at some point - or was that broken in vanilla too?

And @Dancing Hoskuld wanted to make animals tradable only trough units :lol:
Instead he can make or using existing National Breeder, that would breed animals, if you have such animal somewhere - within border but not in vicinity OR traded from AI, two situations currently undistinguishable from each other.
Such building then would let you train animal unit, that can place its resource (that building would be one of OR prereqs for animal placing unit).
Or those tamed animal units would require equivalent trainder, that would act as aggregation of OR prereqs.

BTW Pit look at khmer, in 6 turns they achieve astronomy around 9000 BC on turn 2100 :)
Do you have SVN? They are way too fast.
Or you meant Astrology? Then still you guys are one era too far - you should be in Prehistoric era.
Sounds like Nightmare AI, and you have all research boosting options enabled.

Last edited:
I guess unit trading was broken at some point - or was that broken in vanilla too?
Didn't exist in Vanilla. It's something we inherited from previous mods along the line somewhere.

Let's remove it then, I want it gone if it's not easy to improve.
Is there any python code involved in this? I can help if it is needed.
Not sure where it's mostly processed and stored. DH is wanting to use this feature for animal trade, however, so I'm not sure that removing it will work for his plans, unfortunately.

Didn't exist in Vanilla. It's something we inherited from previous mods along the line somewhere.

Not sure where it's mostly processed and stored. DH is wanting to use this feature for animal trade, however, so I'm not sure that removing it will work for his plans, unfortunately.
I found out, that Advanced Diplomacy adds this unit trading in diplomacy window.
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2018-12-05 20-48-25-67.jpg

Civ4BeyondSword 2018-12-05 20-53-40-94.jpg

I guess everyone use this option.

No, its astronomy. I play with one month old SVN version. Not nightmare AI, just diety difficulty.
I guess you could play without WFL.
You can turn off Tech Brokering/Trading.

And use only Tech Diffusion - this way tech can equalize only trough slow diffusion between civs, that know each other.

That one AI already is in Renaissance, while you are in Classical era.
Also I kindly told AI to look at every building, that is needed for other building, industrial era and later resource producer and national wonder, that gives free building or resource trough XML edits (AI weight of 1 - some buildings seems to have no value for AI and they should).

Last edited:
There is barely any python code related to this.
The only thing I found was the BUG options CAN_TRADE_WORKERS and NO_MILITARY_UNIT_TRADING.
Those two options have 4-5 lines of python code that allows the toggleing of the options in the BUG option screen and reports to the dll if they are toggled.

There is barely any python code related to this.
The only thing I found was the BUG options CAN_TRADE_WORKERS and NO_MILITARY_UNIT_TRADING.
Those two options have 4-5 lines of python code that allows the toggleing of the options in the BUG option screen and reports to the dll if they are toggled.
This is another subject we should probably bring up in its own thread for further discussion. I'll have to look into it soon, either to improve on its valuating (which the problem for me there is that I don't really have a concept of what baseline values on things SHOULD be) or eliminate it.

One thing that bothers me...

I found out, that Advanced Diplomacy adds this unit trading in diplomacy window.
So @DancingHoskuld : you are wanting to enforce that the only method we can use to trade animals is linked to an option? That doesn't seem wise to me and I think you'd agree. We would need to then either make this option enforced for all (on by default and hidden) or rethink our approach I think.

No, its astronomy. I play with one month old SVN version. Not nightmare AI, just diety difficulty.

Hmmmmm... i think you have a to old SVN, now it will take longer to reach astronomy then 2000 turns. I moved ocean travel to seafaring and i am now on turn 1580 and just reaching it as first world leader. Starting ocean travel at seafaring will work great and makes game more interesting now, more colonies and the AI can come to your continent. Constandly update your SVN to your current game... as long as no savegame breaker comes up all is fine to update constandly.

I guess everyone use this option.

I guess you could play without WFL.
You can turn off Tech Brokering/Trading.

And use only Tech Diffusion - this way tech can equalize only trough slow diffusion between civs, that know each other.

That one AI already is in Renaissance, while you are in Classical era.
Also I kindly told AI to look at every building, that is needed for other building, industrial era and later resource producer and national wonder, that gives free building or resource trough XML edits (AI weight of 1 - some buildings seems to have no value for AI and they should).

Gamer can turn off "Trade Units", all is fine then if he dont wants it or if it makes problems. Because Embassies are cool, just go tu BUG turn of unit trading and all other from advanced diplomacy can stay in. Or make the unit trading code better to work with better values, look into advanced diplomacy code...

@Thunderbrd Best here to let the gamer decide what he wants, should be not to hard to fix that unit trading problems or? Add animal trading there if needed... ok will be linked to an option but no big problem or? Yes turning that option on as default should be ok.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm... i think you have a to old SVN, now it will take longer to reach astronomy then 2000 turns. I moved ocean travel to seafaring and i am now on turn 1580 and just reaching it as first world leader. Starting ocean travel at seafaring will work great and makes game more interesting now, more colonies and the AI can come to your continent. Constandly update your SVN to your current game... as long as no savegame breaker comes up all is fine to update constandly.

I guess he could forget to delete cache, that is here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword

BUG/PROBLEM:

If i conquered a city from a civ and the city culture civ that still in game and is not dead becaus not all units are killed but they dont have a city left i cant liberate the conquered city to them and i cant trade with them as they have no city, can you do something about that? So the gamer can give a city and trade it to a civ that is nearly dead to keep them alive? Well can be done in WB i can go there and give one city to them but should work in game also. For humanity gameplay. :)

@raxo2222 Watch your AI changes, AI builds workers to late now and is low at developing there lands fast.

@raxo2222 Watch your AI changes, AI builds workers to late now and is low at developing there lands fast.
I guess I could lower all construction costs to 70 - same as projects and SM units to compensate it.

Unless this game was from before my AI weight additions, then there is period of readjustment - in later eras and slower speeds it last longer.
If on Normal it would last 50 turns, then on Eternity it would last 500 turns.
That is AI is trying to catch up with buildings now, that before it considered useless.

Last edited:
I guess I could lower all construction costs to 70 - same as project and SM units.

No construction costs are good, make AI to build worker with more pirority. If you meen the construction cost of a worker unit i dont know, may work.

No construction costs are good, make AI to build worker with more pirority. If you meen the construction cost of a worker unit i dont know, may work.
See my edit - on Eternity speed catching up may last a while if this game was made before SVN 10297 that is commit from last Sunday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom