[MOD] C2C v42 date?

choum

Chieftain
Hello and thanks for your great game.

As each year i'll begin a crazy long CIV4 game.
Before to begin it i'd like to know if v42 will be released this year (so i'll wait a little) or not (then i'll play in 41.2).
I don't request anything nor want to press you, it's just to organize me at the best and avoid frustration to begin a game 1 or 2 weeks before a release LOL

Thanks again for all ;)

You are best with the SVN for now. Too much current uncertainty about whether its really cause now enough to consider a new version or not. Maybe fairly soonish? Not much has changed though there has been some significant tinkering with building chains and worker AI.

thanks Thunderbrd! So ill begi na new one tomorrow ;) i love your work ;)

I'd like to join choum's question :) Not to mention I feel the same way he/she does - don't want to press or force, just curious.

Not everybody is comfortable using SVN, and it seems a lot of "tinkering" was done based on the SVN version updates - maybe "41.2.1" can be released somewhere as an all in one package, without the need for SVN? :D

Thank you all for a great mod and countless hours of fun!

I'd like to join choum's question :) Not to mention I feel the same way he/she does - don't want to press or force, just curious.

Not everybody is comfortable using SVN, and it seems a lot of "tinkering" was done based on the SVN version updates - maybe "41.2.1" can be released somewhere as an all in one package, without the need for SVN? :D

Thank you all for a great mod and countless hours of fun!
What Toffer said:
SVN is easy to install and maintain, and the amount of "small yet visible" changes between SVN and the last "official" release has grown to be quite impressive.
Even the UI has been improved quite a bit, I think.
So SVN is a good option, and you don't have to update it all the time, if you are afraid of save-breaking (not what really happens that often, but it's an option).
Basically, the point is that as of *now* the SVN version is much more "progressed" than v.41.2 - so even you simply download SVN without updating it further, you'll still be miles ahead of 41.2.
Which is what I'd suggest to do, really.
Not that you need my vote here, lol.

yeah SVN is easy to use, i do it for C2C for years ;)
but the thing for players (not hardcore ones) is to read the SVN changelog to see if there are regressions or issues before update their game :)

Top Bottom